Prediction Player breakout predictions for your club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he's had enough chances to breakout and any improvement is just natural improvement.
You'll be still be saying he's a breakout contender when he's a 27yo by your theory.
Fair enough.

If he keeps up his natural improvement till he's 25 he'll be an elite mid in the comp anyway. And that is as likely as any massive improvement this year.

If he has a "breakout year" then it will be an AFL media narrative and there won't be much we can do about that. But I reckon to create that narrative his improvement would have to be more than just averaging 25 touches (half contested), 6 clearances and 3-4 tackles a game.

Which is what he on track for with ongoing natural improvement.

If he's averaging closer to 30 touches this year then it's probably safe to say he's had a breakout season tho.

How's that sound?

Fair enough.

If he keeps up his natural improvement till he's 25 he'll be an elite mid in the comp anyway. And that is as likely as any massive improvement this year.

If he has a "breakout year" then it will be an AFL media narrative and there won't be much we can do about that. But I reckon to create that narrative his improvement would have to be more than just averaging 25 touches (half contested), 6 clearances and 3-4 tackles a game.

Which is what he on track for with ongoing natural improvement.

If he's averaging closer to 30 touches this year then it's probably safe to say he's had a breakout season tho.

How's that sound?
Of he wins your B&F you can say it's a breakout otherwise it's natural progression imo.

Wil Powell will be the one for us.

Been good for the past couple of years, but he will take that next step this year and put himself forward as one of the best young defenders in the game.

Of he wins your B&F you can say it's a breakout otherwise it's natural progression imo.
He's about where Jy Simpkin was (in terms of games, stats and influence) at this point in 2020. Jy came second that year but 2021 was really his breakout year.

Its more likely to be Thomas this year anyway.

Jack Henry had a breakout year last year but nobody aside from Geelong supporters seemed to notice... runner up in our B&F in a top 4 season.

Tipping this year he will receive some external recognition and make the AA squad at minimum.

I took notice if it makes you feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Isaac Quaynor and Keidean Coleman look good

I’ll give you one for the Saints. I reckon Battle can really take a step up if they let him settle in one position
Good call. Has been training down back all preseason by the sounds of it and it appears they want to settle him at CHB for the year and not throw him all over the place anymore.

Hopefully it’s the end the bizarre wing experiment with him!

Wil Powell will be the one for us.

Been good for the past couple of years, but he will take that next step this year and put himself forward as one of the best young defenders in the game.

His talent is too good to be left in the back pocket. Could be anything. Would play him wing.

Caleb Serong
Tarryn Thomas
Zak Butters
Cam Rayner
Sam Draper
Noah Anderson
Hayden Young
Errol Gulden
Chad Warner
Will day
Jye Caldwell
Harry Schoenberg
Connor Nash
Will Phillips

Riley Collier-Dawkins
Wil Powell
Lachlan Ash

Older players who could improve significantly with expanded roles at new clubs:

Jordan Dawson
Pat Lipinski

George Hewett

Has any Essendon fan mentioned Jye Caldwell yet? Because if he and Draper come on then you'll be laughing.

For us, I'm most confident in Jai Newcombe. Easy to forget that he won a list spot travelling hours to training while undertaking a trade apprenticeship.
Never been a part of an elite program but has now completed a full pre-season and been one of the most impressive on the track according to watches.

He fills a need for us being a genuine bull who can create space for our other talented mids who lack his size and strength.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caleb Serong
Tarryn Thomas
Zak Butters
Cam Rayner
Sam Draper
Noah Anderson
Hayden Young
Errol Gulden
Chad Warner
Will day
Jye Caldwell
Harry Schoenberg
Connor Nash
Will Phillips

Riley Collier-Dawkins
Wil Powell
Lachlan Ash

Older players who could improve significantly with expanded roles at new clubs:

Jordan Dawson
Pat Lipinski

George Hewett

A breakout being Caleb Serong, .......... if you want him to breakout anymore, well just hand him the Chas.

His first two season’s have been very, very good. He will get better (experience), but he’s already busted down the “breakout door”.

Zac Fisher should have a big year if he remains fit.

A breakout being Caleb Serong, .......... if you want him to breakout anymore, well just hand him the Chas.

His first two season’s have been very, very good. He will get better (experience), but he’s already busted down the “breakout door”.
Calm the farm. He was very good for a 2nd year player, but not sure that 5 game stretch he had at the back end of last season classifies as busting down the breakout door just yet.

Calm the farm. He was very good for a 2nd year player, but not sure that 5 game stretch he had at the back end of last season classifies as busting down the breakout door just yet.

Yeah he's a good young player worthy of a spot in the 22 under 22 side (which he missed in 2020 and 2021), but he's no second year Clayton Oliver and there's a difference between Christian Petracca in his first 4 (5 technically) seasons compared to his last 2.

Serong is great, but he's another Touk Miller, Darcy Parish, Harry McKay v2020 at this point. It's like me saying Oscar Allen can't break out because he's already had some great games.

Noah Balta in his new role down forward could take him to another level, gifted physique with good speed. Collier-Dawkins could go to the next level with his big body in the middle. Also hate to say it because he was absolutely hopeless in the forward line, but I think Dan Rioli having another full pre season in the backline, could further improve his game.

No obvious candidates from WC. The King twins and McKay took big steps forward last year. Oscar Allen could do that with Darling out but is going to miss the start of the year with injury.

Josh Rotham was #2 in the comp for marks per game so with Sheppard retiring could develop into more of a Tom Stewart type role (#1 in marks per game) and become a 20-25 disposal a game player. He's a good young player that reads the game well but not all that exciting.

Other than that we have guys that are as good as they are going to be and young players who don't look like breakout candidates. Some talk of Tom Barrass playing forward so if he does a Tom McDonald and kicks 50 then him, but I don't see that happening.

Caleb Serong and Tarryn Thomas seem the most obvious to me. I'm also a huge fan of Harry Jones, Tanner Bruhn and Trent Rivers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back