Prediction Player breakout predictions for your club.

Remove this Banner Ad

nineteen eighty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TIGERS
I’ll give you one for the Saints. I reckon Battle can really take a step up if they let him settle in one position

Good call. Has been training down back all preseason by the sounds of it and it appears they want to settle him at CHB for the year and not throw him all over the place anymore.

Hopefully it’s the end the bizarre wing experiment with him!

Great call with Battle. I think he could be a gun CHB. Who played in that position last year for the Saints? Battle could easily become one of the best in the comp in this position if allowed to settle.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If the Essendon practice match is anything to go by, it's Ed Richards for us. Was on the fringe of the 22 the last couple years, and missed a lot of last year thanks to injury, but was close to BOG yesterday.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Great call with Battle. I think he could be a gun CHB. Who played in that position last year for the Saints? Battle could easily become one of the best in the comp in this position if allowed to settle.
Was given a big wrap for how he went there today. Kept Curnow goalless and took intercept marks and so-on.

Last year it was basically a mixture of Wilkie, Highmore, Clavarino, Battle in a couple of games, and then Joyce also played 5 games and Frawley 2, so Howard probably played more at CHB in those games.

I was really pleased with how solid Battle was for someone that young when he played the whole year at CHB in 2019 (at 20yo), so looking forward to seeing how he goes there again, now that he’s a lot fitter/stronger/more experienced.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’d like to withdraw my Francis prediction, Thank you.
I know trades aren't easy and there's a lot of factors there but he really should be playing CHB for another club and Essendon getting an actual forward to play the Hooker/Francis role which seems to be filling time until they upgrade that position.

There's every chance he does a decent job, but it's not the best use of his abilities.

Sep 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I know trades aren't easy and there's a lot of factors there but he really should be playing CHB for another club and Essendon getting an actual forward to play the Hooker/Francis role which seems to be filling time until they upgrade that position.

There's every chance he does a decent job, but it's not the best use of his abilities.
Reckon he’s just not quite big enough with the 6’8 forwards coming through. Third tall/interceptor or a big HBF is his go I reckon but Ridley does that better for us.

Veer Right

Premium Platinum
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Jack Higgins from St Kilda, finding the ball at will, kicks goals and should get midfield time this year. Was starting to come together last year and i feel after watching the first practice game he's found another gear.

HavUEvaSeenTheRain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Noah Balta in his new role down forward could take him to another level, gifted physique with good speed. Collier-Dawkins could go to the next level with his big body in the middle. Also hate to say it because he was absolutely hopeless in the forward line, but I think Dan Rioli having another full pre season in the backline, could further improve his game.
Balta is one that really interests me. Been an amazing start to a career then started to struggle last season, or atleast appeared to as the side did. Moving forward is an interesting one. A lot harder role but if he makes it then it’ll be huge for the list.

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
Tyson Stengle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ed Richards, as others have said. Marra had a quiet game against the Dons, but apparently recovering from COVID, has worked with Bont over the preseason to get his fitness up, so expecting a better year.

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Tyson Stengle.

If Eddie can keep him on the right path this will be a master stroke for the Cats. Gave their forward line another dimension.

I do wonder why Eddie wasn’t offered a role to stay on at the Blues and mentor the younger players. It was one of the reasons that fans were initially lauding his coming home to the club a couple of years ago. Seems a miss for mine and a big win for the cats.

Jack Higgins from St Kilda, finding the ball at will, kicks goals and should get midfield time this year. Was starting to come together last year and i feel after watching the first practice game he's found another gear.

Didn’t see the practice match but he is a talent. Where did he play? My big question on him is to where he fits in the side.

Perhaps not big and strong enough to play contested mid, doesn’t have the endurance or pace for linking mid, and doesn’t have the speed or defensive mindset for a lockdown forward.

High half forward was always my thought for his best position as he is dangerous forward of centre. If he builds his endurance to get to more contests he could be very good.

I think this season will see Kidean Coleman star off half back. His games in the finals were nothing short of impressive and has come back super fit this year and is very ready to take another step.

Mikevk123

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Andrew McGrath if he continues playing from half back and rotating through the wings.

Jan 2, 2009
Penguin
AFL Club
Carlton
Matthew Kennedy and Mitch McGovern will make the AA squad so it’ll be a somewhat delayed breakout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back