Prediction Player breakout predictions for your club.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Yes at the time as well as now I never saw him as number 1.
But I think barring injury this year will be a breakout year. And he will be the best defensive midfielder in the competition. Those type of mids are rare. A mid that can average around 30 touches in the defensive half of the ground.
Give me that type over a forward half mid every day of the week.
Not top 1 but he's easily top 10 imo. 2016 was a crap draft.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Zak Guthrie at Geelong, I think he's finally got his confidence up. He's been around for a few years now, has probably put on as much bulk as he's ever going to, but he knows how to find the ball and isn't afraid.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Jack Carroll really looks the goods - seems to have so much time around the ball! Hoping to see him get a good run with injury and stay in the side a bit - will be hard with our new midfield though!

A player the Eagles should be targeting. Im keen to see how he goes. The Blues midfield looks deep now with adding Cerra and even Hewett. Some really good kids coming through too.

Will be a tough mIdfield to break into.

Feb 17, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Zac Bailey. Clearly.

Haven’t been this excited by a player since a young Akermanis.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
Ed Richards

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Yes at the time as well as now I never saw him as number 1.
But I think barring injury this year will be a breakout year. And he will be the best defensive midfielder in the competition. Those type of mids are rare. A mid that can average around 30 touches in the defensive half of the ground.
Give me that type over a forward half mid every day of the week.
I had Maclugg and Tarranto before him draft time

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs

The two examples from 1:55 to 2:10 are why we're excited about Jai's prospects. A bull with massive desire to follow up with second efforts and enough footy smarts to become an attacking weapon as well.

This has been his first summer in a proper elite program. He's only going to get better IMO

he's gotta stop vaping to build his tank :p :cool: :drunk:

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
It was a pretty decent shock when the news came out that they were looking like taking McGrath.

Prior to that it was McCluggage this and McCluggage that and he was in the promos on the TV as if he was certain to go no.1 and so-on.
When it was stated about the so called top three, i watched them play and highlights and thought McCluggage was the better of the three.

TheUnicorn

Premiership Player
Nov 1, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Happy Pump Up GIF by Essendon FC

Boppo

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sth Freo
Liam Henry. He gets bagged a bit for not being involved enough but he is a certain type of player that could be a great conduit into F50 now he’s moved from the forward line to a wing. If he can turn his 10 possessions a game to 15 he could be damaging.

Stottzy

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hasn't he already won a B & F?

I seriously think we need to define what a "breakout" player is.

This thread is just all over the shop.
In his second year which was a great achievement, but it didn't make him one of the best in the league and he rarely gets credited, even in the BnF year. He will have a breakout season by being one of the elites of the game. Don't criticise peoples predictions just cause you can't comprehend.

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
In his second year which was a great achievement, but it didn't make him one of the best in the league and he rarely gets credited, even in the BnF year. He will have a breakout season by being one of the elites of the game. Don't criticise peoples predictions just cause you can't comprehend.
I can comprehend but:

1. Your definition of "breakout" is rubbish; and
2. James Worpel won't meet any definition of breakout anyway because he's just not good enough for anybody to care about, outside of his mum and close friends and family.

Back