Prediction Player claim for 2017 - Lachlan Keeffe

Remove this Banner Ad

And he will get slaughtered everytime he has to defend one on one and his kicking is vastly overrated here everyone use to tear their hair out about him kicking in from full back. Obviously it just goes to show absence makes the heart grow fonder

I think there might be two or more histories running parallel. I never tore my hair out about Keeffe's disposal. I reckon the people who tore their hair out then will do it again soon and I'll wonder what on earth they're on about.

Yeah missing football is never an advantage for a developing player

I think the experience of being suspended will strengthen his resolve and as a result he will become a better player. I also think that the suspension will benefit him in terms of his physical well being.

I think the experience of being suspended will strengthen his resolve and as a result he will become a better player. I also think that the suspension will benefit him in terms of his physical well being.
Yet defenders like Eric McKenzie struggled after just one year off.

Yet defenders like Eric McKenzie struggled after just one year off.

Totally different situations. McKenzie suffered a serious knee injury, Keeffe was suspended.

So is Berg. I thought we were just claiming players we liked for 2017?
Sorry u could be right. I only came in late. I like Ramsay and Shaz, but in terms of our talls, Keefe would be one of our better options.

Looks really good in the preseason, slow start to the home and away, spends some time in the two's and gets better and back in the Seniors towards mid to end of the year. Agree with Kappa, he was never a superstar and two years out of the game won't help that but he is better than Frost and has some good attributes that will assist, height, agility and disposal. If he is better in the one on one's then he could come back better than he was.

Totally different situations. McKenzie suffered a serious knee injury, Keeffe was suspended.
Yeah a dumb comparison on my part McKenzie was an All Australian, club captain an best and fairest winner yet after a year out he said how he struggled getting use to the pace of the game and yet Keeffe after two years of training will find it easy?

Yeah a dumb comparison on my part McKenzie was an All Australian, club captain an best and fairest winner yet after a year out he said how he struggled getting use to the pace of the game and yet Keeffe after two years of training will find it easy?

As I said, McKenzie was coming off a serious injury whereas Keeffe has had two years to get his body right. Keeffe may struggle with the pace of the game initially but I believe his endurance capabilities will enable him to play an important role for us.

As I said, McKenzie was coming off a serious injury whereas Keeffe has had two years to get his body right. Keeffe may struggle with the pace of the game initially but I believe his endurance capabilities will enable him to play an important role for us.
Yeah 2 years off training at an elite level is going to be really beneficial for his footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah 2 years off training at an elite level is going to be really beneficial for his footy

He's not going to have forgotten how to play footy and there's no doubt it will benefit his body. It's like getting a new recruit who already has good experience.

I've only seen him have an absolute shocker once, and that was on Josh Jenkins who is less of a key forward than Eddie Betts.

Don't know what the two years away will have done for him but he showed plenty prior to that - significantly more than Marsh.
Yeah and he backed it up the next time we played Adelaide by shutting him down.

I think there is cause for optimism with Keeffe. He has the height to play on any tall key forward in the game, he has the agility to go with most players, he intercepts well and his kicking skills are good. He has a lot of playing qualities that suit the way footy is currently being played.

For me the biggest question mark on Keffee is his temperament.
I've seen him drop his head or give away cheap frees when getting beaten, which is a poor quality in a key defender in particular. Hopefully the hunger to be back playing and the maturity from being away from the game and in the real world will have taken the edge off that.

While I agree there is an element of hope in peoples optimism, it isn't entirely misplaced.

That's why I don't like him at full back for mine. I don't trust him to one out in the square.

He's not going to have forgotten how to play footy and there's no doubt it will benefit his body. It's like getting a new recruit who already has good experience.
giphy.gif

If any of you guys had seen Keeffe ruck in the VFL you would not be making 2nd ruck suggestions. Couldn't leap over his shoe laces unfortunately.
Defence is where he will be most value to us in my opinion.

That's why I don't like him at full back for mine. I don't trust him to one out in the square.

Keeffe's also had some really strong games there. His best is definitely up to it and his potential output in the position is the best we have available on our list. I can appreciate the misgivings you have but I think we need to put our faith in him as our best option.

Have you backed Essendon to win the spoon again next year?

Essendon will struggle next year but especially in the first half of the year and it will be twice as hard for Keeffe to get back

Is that because two is twice as much as one?

Bombers should be shithouse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back