Prediction Player Claim for 2018 - Adam Treloar

One thing Collingwood excells at is creating opportunities for others.
Yes, unfortunately, but at least we find out wether some are worth keeping.
I have forgotten what it’s like to have a team with very few injuries

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
If he's out for 10 weeks then he should be fine in time for finals. I imagine we might drop down to around 7th by that time. If there's anything good to come out of the injury, at least it was sooner rather than later. With that said though, If he isn't ready to play by finals, don't risk it. Seen countless players have their potential shattered based on short term success.

Mr Pie

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Such a shame.

Gee we've had an average run with injury the last few years.

Bad enough when it's your depth players getting injured, but it's our top end talent constantly getting injured.

i just want to see our best players play together once. Can't even get that right in round 1.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Eddie just said on the FS he will be updating us on the surgery tonight.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Somebody

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Somewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
I am not sure why some posters are having a go at posters showing concern about the hamstring injuries. It is not as if we have a great record on managing those type of injuries.

I am one of those wait and see, fingers crossed but not upset and can understand others views.
I think it's more likely if not just bad luck , the nature of how the team trains and the intensity level that they play at that causes the injuries to tend to be worse. I doubt it's a significant difference in how treatment and rehabilitation is done.
There may be practices that can be put in place to reduce severity of injuries. IN the AT type of injury, players could be drilled that when you find yourself running at speed significatnly bent over, you should immediatley do a superman dive flat onto the ground to try to save your hammies (and try not to break your jaw in the process!)

Somebody

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Somewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Iim feeling a bit better about it.
should survive GC without AT and with Sier or Wills as inside replacement.
the the week after VArcoe hopefully ready to be promo'd to 1's to provice similar attacking power.
WE are the form side at present even with all our injuries (until now) perhaps along with Power, should be able to match it with anyone anywhere so should have that little bit of leeway to still be almost as good without AT - although it could well affect some games like Tigers at the MCG.
then add Elliot and we should be practically back to the same level without AT.

therefore I"m still predicting top4 finish!?!

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just said operation went well.........nothing untoward was seen during the operation.

Eddie also said Sier or Wills in the mix to take his spot.

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
A0F4D5D8-3AD1-440F-8C07-4B3C1A55D68A.jpeg

Couple of champions.

Back