Prediction Player Claim for 2018 - Brayden Sier

(Log in to remove this ad.)

grayza2018

All Australian
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
Break out of the rehab room?! Really hope he gets a decent run of games under his belt at VFL and he can press claims for a senior debut at some point, but I won't be holding my breath

(Log in to remove this ad.)

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
I had to go all the way to page 7 to find this thread! Doesn't anyone care about this young lad?! Anyway, he's now got his story on the AFL website so someone at least knows that he's still on our list! Let's hope it's a sign his career is about to take off as well.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-07/pie-saves-career-after-getting-fair-dinkum-bucks

COLLINGWOOD youngster Brayden Sier "saved his career" late last season after finally becoming serious about his footy, Magpies coach Nathan Buckley has revealed on AFL.com.au's new feature, Ask The Coach.

The big-bodied midfielder – the Pies' surprise first pick at No. 32 in the 2015 NAB AFL Draft after just two TAC Cup appearances for the Northern Knights – has played only 18 VFL games in two seasons following a litany of injuries.

He has suffered a broken wrist, a severe bout of concussion and a back problem that ended his 2016 season, as well as hamstring, eye socket and foot ailments last year.

Despite Sier's plagued run, Buckley disclosed that the 20-year-old's cause hadn't been helped by a less than professional attitude in his first season-and-a-half at the Holden Centre.

Edit: I see a link to this story had already been posted in another thread, but Sier probably could do with a bit of a boost, so putting this in his own thread does seem like the right thing to do!

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
I had to go all the way to page 7 to find this thread! Doesn't anyone care about this young lad?! Anyway, he's now got his story on the AFL website so someone at least knows that he's still on our list! Let's hope it's a sign his career is about to take off as well.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-07/pie-saves-career-after-getting-fair-dinkum-bucks

COLLINGWOOD youngster Brayden Sier "saved his career" late last season after finally becoming serious about his footy, Magpies coach Nathan Buckley has revealed on AFL.com.au's new feature, Ask The Coach.

The big-bodied midfielder – the Pies' surprise first pick at No. 32 in the 2015 NAB AFL Draft after just two TAC Cup appearances for the Northern Knights – has played only 18 VFL games in two seasons following a litany of injuries.

He has suffered a broken wrist, a severe bout of concussion and a back problem that ended his 2016 season, as well as hamstring, eye socket and foot ailments last year.

Despite Sier's plagued run, Buckley disclosed that the 20-year-old's cause hadn't been helped by a less than professional attitude in his first season-and-a-half at the Holden Centre.
Very very insightful.

If nothing else, Nathan is always terrific to listen too.
Very clear in what he says.

That said, might just be Sier will get there.
Big thing that he is, was very surprised to hear he has such good vision and cleaness.

Up to him now. Hope he gets a great run at it.

AFL Club
Collingwood
This is probably a trite reason, but him being given 36 maybe suggests he’s a bit rated.

One thing, a good attitude goes a long way.

A bad attitude you better pray you’re really extra good or it’s exist stage left.

Top Bottom