Prediction Player Claim for 2018 - Brayden Sier

Remove this Banner Ad

Break out of the rehab room?! Really hope he gets a decent run of games under his belt at VFL and he can press claims for a senior debut at some point, but I won't be holding my breath

I like jokes too!
Little bit of tongue in cheek never hurts. Especially in the unlikely event the joke ever became true.

Love to see this kid come on in 2018, earn a few senior games.

Will break out in 2018. Big frame and line breaking will make him the 2nd best out of Marcellin ever. Career end has gone past SOS.
I want what you’re smoking man.

Why not.
He's on the list, let him have a big pre season.
See what we have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The new Big Show?

Or too early

I wish SV. I'm jumping on the 'size' hype train with Sier. Problem is after two years of injury interruptions, we dont yet have a 'footy' hype train.:(
And even that could be offset by a footy performance results

I had to go all the way to page 7 to find this thread! Doesn't anyone care about this young lad?! Anyway, he's now got his story on the AFL website so someone at least knows that he's still on our list! Let's hope it's a sign his career is about to take off as well.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-07/pie-saves-career-after-getting-fair-dinkum-bucks

COLLINGWOOD youngster Brayden Sier "saved his career" late last season after finally becoming serious about his footy, Magpies coach Nathan Buckley has revealed on AFL.com.au's new feature, Ask The Coach.

The big-bodied midfielder – the Pies' surprise first pick at No. 32 in the 2015 NAB AFL Draft after just two TAC Cup appearances for the Northern Knights – has played only 18 VFL games in two seasons following a litany of injuries.

He has suffered a broken wrist, a severe bout of concussion and a back problem that ended his 2016 season, as well as hamstring, eye socket and foot ailments last year.

Despite Sier's plagued run, Buckley disclosed that the 20-year-old's cause hadn't been helped by a less than professional attitude in his first season-and-a-half at the Holden Centre.

Edit: I see a link to this story had already been posted in another thread, but Sier probably could do with a bit of a boost, so putting this in his own thread does seem like the right thing to do!

Last edited:
I had to go all the way to page 7 to find this thread! Doesn't anyone care about this young lad?! Anyway, he's now got his story on the AFL website so someone at least knows that he's still on our list! Let's hope it's a sign his career is about to take off as well.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-07/pie-saves-career-after-getting-fair-dinkum-bucks

COLLINGWOOD youngster Brayden Sier "saved his career" late last season after finally becoming serious about his footy, Magpies coach Nathan Buckley has revealed on AFL.com.au's new feature, Ask The Coach.

The big-bodied midfielder – the Pies' surprise first pick at No. 32 in the 2015 NAB AFL Draft after just two TAC Cup appearances for the Northern Knights – has played only 18 VFL games in two seasons following a litany of injuries.

He has suffered a broken wrist, a severe bout of concussion and a back problem that ended his 2016 season, as well as hamstring, eye socket and foot ailments last year.

Despite Sier's plagued run, Buckley disclosed that the 20-year-old's cause hadn't been helped by a less than professional attitude in his first season-and-a-half at the Holden Centre.
Very very insightful.

If nothing else, Nathan is always terrific to listen too.
Very clear in what he says.

That said, might just be Sier will get there.
Big thing that he is, was very surprised to hear he has such good vision and cleaness.

Up to him now. Hope he gets a great run at it.

This is probably a trite reason, but him being given 36 maybe suggests he’s a bit rated.

One thing, a good attitude goes a long way.

A bad attitude you better pray you’re really extra good or it’s exist stage left.

Shocking list of injuries. Poor attitude. And immaturity.

Sier has quite a bit to overcome heading into the season, and not surprised he's stayed under the radar. If he cracks into the firsts, it will be some feat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back