Prediction Player Claim for 2018 - James Aish

Remove this Banner Ad

Dave you've been really annoying on Aish and his injury. In the game day thread you said 'hearing ACL', then in this thread you acknowledged you HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING! *Bangs head on brick wall...

Now you're all doom and gloom about a possible PCL, and dreading the worst possible outcome for it, then adding some salt just to spice it up.

6-8 weeks would be two months, not three. It would be bad, for sure. However, compared to an ACL you take it and run, and you don't look back.

And don't give me Josh Fraser as an example of a stock standard PCL, players come back 3-4 times quicker than an ACL which outs players for a season, and takes them 2 to 3 years to get back to their best. PCL is a hurdle to overcome for a player, an ACL is a disaster. There's a monumental difference between the two and no I'm not a doctor, I've just watched a lot of footy over the years to know the difference between the two injuries.

Don't like it then put me on your Ignore List :mad:

Don't like it then put me on your Ignore List :mad:

Unfortunately you have to get in first with player threads not to mention other things such as Aish's supposed rumours of an acl. So to put you on ignore I'd be missing out on good content of our players with good contributions from others that you just happened to start a thread for, so to do what you suggested is a dilemma

Edit* I'm sorry Dave you can't fault your passion and I know you mean well but that really, really annoyed me, you getting in first with the Aish rumor of hearing he did an ACL when you heard no such thing. I know you mean well all the same.

Last edited:

I heard people say it was a Possible ACL.

Was not like I just came out and Said it was a possible ACL

It looked like a possible ACL, but hearing it would suggest it came from those in the know.
Also be wary of the people who just make s**t up on the interwebs, and rumors. I'm sorry for being blunt Dave but these injuries are the cause of anxiety and all we can do is hope for the best.

I'll be spewing if it is an ACL, still possible... But the real whispers of PCL are absolutely the lesser of two evils.

Could have been worse, still awful luck for both James and the club. James was tracking nicely.

Finally Showing why he was rated so Highly and this Happens:'(

they said "At least 2 months." That's significant but not as bad as an ACL.

Certainly a blow. If he can get back on the park (VFL or AFL) by round 15/16, that'll give him plenty of time to play some good football, especially if we make finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly a blow. If he can get back on the park (VFL or AFL) by round 15/16, that'll give him plenty of time to play some good football, especially if we make finals.

Yeah, I reckon given he’s seeing a surgeon we might not see him again this year. Pity since he was finally becoming an essential part of the team. But I think that’s the likelihood.

Yeah, I reckon given he’s seeing a surgeon we might not see him again this year. Pity since he was finally becoming an essential part of the team. But I think that’s the likelihood.

Kayne Turner did his PCL just before round 13 last year, came back in round 21. That's 8 weeks, which is the length of time suggested for Aish. Do you have any reason for thinking Aish's injury is more severe?

Kayne Turner did his PCL just before round 13 last year, came back in round 21. That's 8 weeks, which is the length of time suggested for Aish. Do you have any reason for thinking Aish's injury is more severe?

Pessimism? :)

Just that Fox News said ‘at least’ 8 weeks and that he was seeing a surgeon. I’m not a doctor or anything, but in the absence of more info, at least means ‘at least.’

Just that Fox News said ‘at least’ 8 weeks and that he was seeing a surgeon. I’m not a doctor or anything, but in the absence of more info, at least means ‘at least.’
According to Walshy, they are going to have him in a brace for four weeks, and hopefully it recovers without surgery in that time and he can finish the season strongly with a premiership medallion.

They will decide after 4 weeks if surgery is needed. If that is the case, then it's hard to see him coming back for a while...

Aaaannd, the injury report is in and it’s 8-10 weeks. 4 weeks In a brave and of it hasn’t healed substantively then surgery. Pessimism? I would call it considered judgement.

Yes & we have such a great track record with injury management. Especially when we are told rest will cure things.
Almost guarantee Aish will need surgery after 4 weeks then & we will have wasted 4 weeks recovery. It's what we do. :(

It really is f***** timing. His momentum is stopped in its track, whether he makes it back this year or not.

But we know the boy can play, and as long as he goes through rehab with the same attitude he has brought to his footy this season, I've got no doubt will see him play some fantastic footy for us in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back