Prediction Player Claim for 2018 - James Aish

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to hear Walsh say Aish is about 2-3 Weeks Away from Returning to the Field
Definitely mate. He was looking the goods before he went down. Just needs a decent run at it. Even if he can’t crack the seniors again at least it looks like he’ll get a full extended preseason in and come back cherry ripe.

But... hopefully he comes back in b4 finals. Would make losing Treloar hurt that lil’ bit less.

Definitely mate. He was looking the goods before he went down. Just needs a decent run at it. Even if he can’t crack the seniors again at least it looks like he’ll get a full extended preseason in and come back cherry ripe.

But... hopefully he comes back in b4 finals. Would make losing Treloar hurt that lil’ bit less.
He'll be back. Played his role superbly before the injury. Mayne has been good but not as good as Aish. Aish will probably need a couple of weeks in the twos though.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure him coming in for Mayne is the fait accompli people seem to think it is.

He’d want to be performing at VFL level before that particular change happens. I can see him squeezing in ahead of Daicos instead if he comes back early, rather than the like for like.

Not sure him coming in for Mayne is the fait accompli people seem to think it is.

He’d want to be performing at VFL level before that particular change happens. I can see him squeezing in ahead of Daicos instead if he comes back early, rather than the like for like.
That was the player I had for that swap.

Daicos is being given a nice run of games.
Will be really good for him in his learning curve.

Though feel he is in that vulnerable band of players, could be playing VFL or AFL depending on all factors affecting the vulnerable.

Awesome to have some good news on the injury front for a change.

A couple more players back and we'll do some real damage this final series :)

Agreed. Never thought I’d say this but I struggle to see him replacing Mayne (this year at least).

Before Crocker got dropped I thought either Elliott/Aish would take his spot but Daicos makes the most sense now that Varcoe is back in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mayne has been stoic and dependable - mostly. And I thank him for that.

But Aish every day of the week. Aish is creative and skilled, and he was just finding his feet when his team mates were just finding theirs, and it was all opening up before him...then he was cruelly cut down. Cant wait for him to come back in.

At this stage of Daicos career he is not strong enough or experienced enough for high pressure finals type football sadly.
His time will come but it should not be this season,Mayne has been good since coming back and if we are picking on form Daicos goes out before Mayne I think.

I think we are going to have hard selections coming up,Jamie has to be in the 1sts by rd 19 otherwise it is to late to pick someone who has not played all season Treloar is the only one who comes straight back in because he has done the work.

I would like him back before the finals start ideally,also Daicos recently gave away 2 50mtr penalties which cost goals can,t have those lapses during finals.

At this stage of Daicos career he is not strong enough or experienced enough for high pressure finals type football sadly.
His time will come but it should not be this season,Mayne has been good since coming back and if we are picking on form Daicos goes out before Mayne I think.

I think we are going to have hard selections coming up,Jamie has to be in the 1sts by rd 19 otherwise it is to late to pick someone who has not played all season Treloar is the only one who comes straight back in because he has done the work.

I would like him back before the finals start ideally,also Daicos recently gave away 2 50mtr penalties which cost goals can,t have those lapses during finals.
Totally agree.

And giving away silly 50m frees are too costly when you’re a line ball player.

Looking at our injured players who have a chance to get back this year, I think it'll be:

1. Aish for Daicos
2. Reid for Mihoceck
3. Treloar for Greenwood
4. Elliott for Sier

I think Mayne is pretty safe. He is playing his role well.

I would also like to see Murray come in somewhere. We have been exposed for a lack of run since Treloar went out and Murray provides that in spades.

That'll see us lining up like this for finals:

Langdon, Scharenberg, Maynard
Howe, Moore, Crisp
Aish, Sidebum, Phillips
De Goey, Reid, Stephenson
Elliott, Cox, WHE

Grundy, Treloar, Pendlebury
Mayne, Adams, Varcoe, Thomas

First emergency: Murray

That's a bloody good football side.

Looking at our injured players who have a chance to get back this year, I think it'll be:

1. Aish for Daicos
2. Reid for Mihoceck
3. Treloar for Greenwood
4. Elliott for Sier

I think Mayne is pretty safe. He is playing his role well.

I would also like to see Murray come in somewhere. We have been exposed for a lack of run since Treloar went out and Murray provides that in spades.

That'll see us lining up like this for finals:

Langdon, Scharenberg, Maynard
Howe, Moore, Crisp
Aish, Sidebum, Phillips
De Goey, Reid, Stephenson
Elliott, Cox, WHE

Grundy, Treloar, Pendlebury
Mayne, Adams, Varcoe, Thomas

First emergency: Murray

That's a bloody good football side.

I have my doubts as to whether reid will be back this year. Even if fit mihocek might still be the preferred option. He puts alot more pressure on than reid can and is his body is reliable. If reid plays in a game its 50/50 whether he gets through it

If have Aish in for Mayne
Elliott for Daicos
Treloar for Sier
Murray for Greenwood

Rose coloured glasses, TD. We all remember his bright start and it's easy to overlook his poor VFL form, particularly given all our injuries.

Could come straight in next weeks vs Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back