Prediction Player Claim for 2018 - James Aish

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably based on performances to date. Very disappointing so far.

Well I guess IF that is the Best coming from Training that they are lot better kids then Him. Then sounds like he be Playing out his Contract next year in the VFL

He was pretty hard at it last year. That’s not his issue - actually it’s the reason he had at least two concussions. His issue it that he doesn’t get enough of the ball and when he has it doesn’t impose himself enough - I.e. is scared to take the game on, take the risky kick, run, etc....

And that's the Aish story in a nutshell.... well summarised.

So going by that. Aish be a List Clogger next season and be a good part for the VFL Team cityslick1 ?
You won't hear me using any of those words.
Certainly has a lot to do as he doesn't have any obvious tricks, and we are overstocked with his type... but quicker or more agile.
Would love for him to come good though.
It's far from an easy caper, and he's shown class before, just has stagnated in his development.

You won't hear me using any of those words.
Certainly has a lot to do as he doesn't have any obvious tricks, and we are overstocked with his type... but quicker or more agile.
Would love for him to come good though.
It's far from an easy caper, and he's shown class before, just has stagnated in his development.

Not using that Words but that how I took it what you said.

That he is NOT a AFL Players and there are better players on the List then Him

Not using that Words but that how I took it what you said.

That he is NOT a AFL Players and there are better players on the List then Him
Maybe instead of taking what he said and twisting his words, look at the actual words he wrote and take them at face value. You’ll save yourself a lot of heartache, and the rest of us a lot of frustration.

Maybe instead of taking what he said and twisting his words, look at the actual words he wrote and take them at face value. You’ll save yourself a lot of heartache, and the rest of us a lot of frustration.
Are you saying that I can’t read?

He was pretty hard at it last year. That’s not his issue - actually it’s the reason he had at least two concussions. His issue it that he doesn’t get enough of the ball and when he has it doesn’t impose himself enough - I.e. is scared to take the game on, take the risky kick, run, etc....

Yep. And a plate in his jaw.

Just needs to get through the pre-season injury free and it's all in his hands. Playing for another contract, I think he can stake a claim in our best 22 early on. Just stay injury free!

It’s Christmas and I wish him well.

Undoubtedly has an abundance of skill.

Just needs to get ball often, do good things with ball.

It’s up to him to cement his spot.

Might just do it yet.

He has the unfortunate combination of being small but also slow. Needs a big year

As Said Above same thing could be said about Lockyer and Licuria

He has the unfortunate combination of being small but also slow. Needs a big year

He's light, yes, but not small. He's also an excellent mark and a neat kick. You're right he's not fast but I wouldn't say slow either. So athletically he doesn't stand out too much (though I think he's a bit more athletic than Josh Smith).

He's going to be relying on decision making, marking, reading the play and confidence. He's shown in a few games he can do it. For example:

Versus bulldogs, round 21, 2016

Player K HB D M
James Aish 17 11 28 4

Versus Richmond, the week before, round 20:
K HB D M
James Aish 13 5 18 5 Goals: 2

I thought he'd go on with this form in 2017, but not to be.

He's light, yes, but not small. He's also an excellent mark and a neat kick. You're right he's not fast but I wouldn't say slow either. So athletically he doesn't stand out too much (though I think he's a bit more athletic than Josh Smith).

He's going to be relying on decision making, marking, reading the play and confidence. He's shown in a few games he can do it. For example:

Versus bulldogs, round 21, 2016

Player K HB D M
James Aish 17 11 28 4

Versus Richmond, the week before, round 20:
K HB D M
James Aish 13 5 18 5 Goals: 2

I thought he'd go on with this form in 2017, but not to be.

End of 2016 looked like he was Best 22 and was going to have a Big 2017 SADLY did not Happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

from memory (new dad slightly hazy) his last game against the demons was ok playing out of the back pocket with maynard shifted up the field. He seemed the play a little more to his instinct taking first options and can hold his own with the ball in the air, his speed against the top line forward pockets however could be an issue.

If we offer him another contract, it would be interesting to see how much it would differ to what he is currently on

Rookie type payment or rookie list?

I don’t see it happening. Think his next contract will balance out the first he had with us.
To be honest if he’s not in the side permanently next year I’d look to put him on the rookie list. If we are going to make a play for Lynch someone needs to make way and I’d imagine he’d be on not bad coin. Him and Greenwood are the ones I would look to move on with poor years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back