Prediction Player Claim for 2018 - James Aish

Remove this Banner Ad

Thomas - you’re joking. I know you hate him but he performed admirably last year coming off a two year break and outperformed my reasonable expectations (I was glad we picked him up but more convinced Keeffe would return at the level needed to make the grade). Hard at it, can play inside and out and seems to have good goal sense. Best 22 that can play forward or middle, and Buckley even shows the propensity to think he might be good in the backline too. Attracts the ball. Joke to have him listed in the company above.

Well that is my Opinion and to me he was nothing more then Serviceable at AFL Level

Yes... absolutely too many mids on the list in recent years. And with the addition of Brown, Daicos last year... and Stephenson this year... it's harder for him to get midfield time.

IMO he's a midfielder only. He plays his best football there at SAFL, Lions, VFL.... but can't crack it here when played there in our seniors.

He would get greater opportunities in 2018 to play there if he were at Kangas, Suns, Blues, Freo... any young list that has lots of kids in the midfield.

So best thing for Aish to do Unless he Starts well is be telling his Manager to start looking for a New Home for Him as he will get little to no Chances past next season

Well that is my Opinion and to me he was nothing more then Serviceable at AFL Level
Okay. My opinion is that your opinion couldn’t be more wrong, and you’ve clouded your judgement on him based on your views on his morality rather than his footballing ability.

I’m not insinuating that it was at all the case, but how would you consider things if two of the other three players rumoured to have been on the gear at St Kilda fest were Grundy and Treloar? Would that diminish their footballing ability and their performance prospects in your eyes? Would you be mounting a case against them the way that you seem to be so desperately clinging to one against JT?

I don’t think anyone can truly argue that objectively Aish was anything but far more disappointing than Thomas in 2017. Aish still hasn’t produced a year as good as Thomas’ 2014, nor do his performances seem to have the same ceiling. The irritating thing is that they should, because Aish seemingly has all the attributes to make it. He needs a big year.

Okay. My opinion is that your opinion couldn’t be more wrong, and you’ve clouded your judgement on him based on your views on his morality rather than his footballing ability.

I’m not insinuating that it was at all the case, but how would you consider things if two of the other three players rumoured to have been on the gear at St Kilda fest were Grundy and Treloar? Would that diminish their footballing ability and their performance prospects in your eyes? Would you be mounting a case against them the way that you seem to be so desperately clinging to one against JT?

I don’t think anyone can truly argue that objectively Aish was anything but far more disappointing than Thomas in 2017. Aish still hasn’t produced a year as good as Thomas’ 2014, nor do his performances seem to have the same ceiling. The irritating thing is that they should, because Aish seemingly has all the attributes to make it. He needs a big year.

Well going on 2017 Form Thomas had a Better Season but I still think Aish has the Potential of Coming lot better Player then Thomas can be

So best thing for Aish to do Unless he Starts well is be telling his Manager to start looking for a New Home for Him as he will get little to no Chances past next season

The best thing Aish could do is hire a sports psychologist to help him get his confidence back. His inability to cement himself in the AFL isn't to do with a lack of opportunity, it's do with him having completely lost his mojo and having become way too error conscious. I suspect that having a captain and coach who are intensely driven perfectionists who seem much more inclined to criticise error than praise success hasn't helped. Hopefully reports of a more relaxed Bucks who has taken a step back have a positive impact on Aish's confidence and performance.

The best thing Aish could do is hire a sports psychologist to help him get his confidence back. His inability to cement himself in the AFL isn't to do with a lack of opportunity, it's do with him having completely lost his mojo and having become way too error conscious. I suspect that having a captain and coach who are intensely driven perfectionists who seem much more inclined to criticise error than praise success hasn't helped. Hopefully reports of a more relaxed Bucks who has taken a step back have a positive impact on Aish's confidence and performance.

I think that would a Big Help because as People got a Feeling when he did his Interview that he Seemed Unsure of Himself.

IF He can find his Pre-Draft Confidence and keep it he can still come a Sold AFL Player.

I did feel he is playing To Stiff and Too Scared of Making a Mistake and not playing on his Natural Talent/Feel of the Game.

Well going on 2017 Form Thomas had a Better Season but I still think Aish has the Potential of Coming lot better Player then Thomas can be

Thomas is a very interesting one, I can see him becoming a very good player, but things just don't quite work for him and I'm not sure why. He has an uncanny knack of swooping on the ball in congestion in dangerous spots and cleanly taking it while on the move, but nothing positive seems to ever result from it. Maybe it just comes down to a lack of strength or a lack of awareness?

Thomas is a very interesting one, I can see him becoming a very good player, but things just don't quite work for him and I'm not sure why. He has an uncanny knack of swooping on the ball in congestion in dangerous spots and cleanly taking it while on the move, but nothing positive seems to ever result from it. Maybe it just comes down to a lack of strength or a lack of awareness?
Maybe the drugs just wear off before he can finish the play?

... too soon? :p

Not the Only One.

Here are a Few More Then:

• Broomhead
  • Scharanberg
  • Thomas
  • Smith
  • Crocker
  • Sier
  • Wills

Smith aside, every one of these other players have had significant injury (or other) issues, Aish doesn't have the same "get-out" card. I'm hopeful he'll click in 2018 so ticked "YES" but only because "HOPEFULLY" wasn't an option.

Be good to look back at their respective careers once they've retired but at this stage I'm more bullish on Thomas. Both project as midfielders but Thomas has shown some capacity to hold down a position outside the midfield which is where Aish struggles to date.

Be good to look back at their respective careers once they've retired but at this stage I'm more bullish on Thomas. Both project as midfielders but Thomas has shown some capacity to hold down a position outside the midfield which is where Aish struggles to date.

Aish looked good in the last Few Games in his 1st Season but sadly went backwards in his 2nd:'(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aish looked good in the last Few Games in his 1st 3rd Season but sadly went backwards in his 2nd 4th:'(
Obviously you meant in terms of his time at Collingwood. But I thought I'd edit your post a bit to show just why most of us are very worried about Aish's future.

I'd absolutely love for him to come out and cement himself this season. But when you're hoping for a player like Aish to come good in their 5th season things aren't looking the best for him.

Obviously you meant in terms of his time at Collingwood. But I thought I'd edit your post a bit to show just why most of us are very worried about Aish's future.

I'd absolutely love for him to come out and cement himself this season. But when you're hoping for a player like Aish to come good in their 5th season things aren't looking the best for him.

Going by That he Finshed 4th in the Rising Star.

So I just have accept that is a Very Very Good Chance that Aish will play VFL all season and De-Listed at Years End?

Nah. The problem is that after 4 years of senior exposure, he still has next to no impact on a game of footy. He's in the same boat as Broomhead. He has moments where you can see how good he could become, but at some stage he has to deliver more than fleeting moments followed by enduring disappearance.
Except Broomhead has more impact on a game and produces allot more moments where you can see how good he can become.

Going by That he Finshed 4th in the Rising Star.

So I just have accept that is a Very Very Good Chance that Aish will play VFL all season and De-Listed at Years End?
Definitely don't accept one of your favourites is finished before the season starts. January is a time for hope and optimism.

Just be realistic about the challenge in front of Aish and how far back he is coming from.

Definitely don't accept one of your favourites is finished before the season starts. January is a time for hope and optimism.

Just be realistic about the challenge in front of Aish and how far back he is coming from.

I have not Given up at all.

I like to hear he is Injury Free for the 1st Time at Collingwood

because Aish seemingly has all the attributes to make it. He needs a big year.
Does he?

Becuase the more I watch him the more I doubt this is the case. He isn't a standout athletically, strength or height wise. Doesn't posses a long penatrsting kick, isn't a big ball winner or a standout defensively or have a great nouse for goal.

The o my thing I can think of that he's good at is he can receive a handball out te back of the back and be composed in traffic and hit a non dangerous target, which isn't enough to make me go wow he has all the attributes to make it.

Does he?

Becuase the more I watch him the more I doubt this is the case. He isn't a standout athletically, strength or height wise. Doesn't posses a long penatrsting kick, isn't a big ball winner or a standout defensively or have a great nouse for goal.

The o my thing I can think of that he's good at is he can receive a handball out te back of the back and be composed in traffic and hit a non dangerous target, which isn't enough to make me go wow he has all the attributes to make it.

So without any standout thing for him. Was he just Looked good in a Good Side at Norwood and SA U-18 Team?

Though he was good 1st year at Lions.

Can be a Long Kick but lacks Confidence to do it. He big ball winner when he Play On-Ball(His Best Postion) instead on the Flanks and Wing.

He is a Really Good Mark and Has Good Feel/Instinct's

This video be good for Aish:

As he Needs to DO and Not Think as Aish plays his best when he uses his Instincts instead of Thinking

Some players trained alone and didn’t take part in any drills. They were:
Aish, Rupert Wills, Hoskin-Elliott, Sam Murray and Fasolo.

Hopefully not Injured again

Good to Hear in the Secret Intra-Club on Satuday he showed Desperation and Played Well. Yes I know it's only Intra-Club but you normally hear nothing about him at Training.

Though I know some Fans have already Written Him Off and This year he is just wasting a Spot on the List

Good to Hear in the Secret Intra-Club on Satuday he showed Desperation and Played Well. Yes I know it's only Intra-Club but you normally hear nothing about him at Training.

Though I know some Fans have already Written Him Off and This year he is just wasting a Spot on the List

Dave no one has written him off.........just sit back and enjoy the ride in 2018.

Massive year for him..........personally I think him being under pressure in his last year of contract is a good thing for us and him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back