Prediction Player Claim for 2018 - Jamie Elliott

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who would want him at the Moment except Us?
On his talent a number of clubs would take the punt on him.

They may feel he’s talent is better than player 39 or 40 on their list regardless.
How much they pay well football is speculation regardless. I’d feel they’d offer a later pick or so but he’s greatly talented.
Eg far superior to a Fasolo.

We need to keep him and cross fingers.

He’s actually our biggest HURT because of what he would give us. That is xtra factor we just miss out on.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-24/elliott-talks-to-be-magpies-most-challenging

Out of contract and on 500k p.a. Article also mentions that it is believed that the Pies salary cap is tight.

What's his worth? How high a priority is retaining him?

I think with his body he has to take a pay cut.... and would only offer a 2 year deal max.

That was around $500k in $10m TPP world so $500k in the current $12m TPP world is effectively a pay cut. I think they'll work on a 2 year deal at about that and there's nothing to stop him earning a significant payrise beyond that if he gets his body right. He's still only 25 remember. If he doesn't get the body right then 2 years may tragically see him out.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
That was around $500k in $10m TPP world so $500k in the current $12m TPP world is effectively a pay cut. I think they'll work on a 2 year deal at about that and there's nothing to stop him earning a significant payrise beyond that if he gets his body right. He's still only 25 remember. If he doesn't get the body right then 2 years may tragically see him out.

500k of 12m is still 1/24th of the salary cap for a bloke whose only been able to play 17 games out of the last 50 odd games.

For mine he should drop down to 2x 350k p.a. Lower money, also lowers the scrutiny.... ask Cloke, Mayne, Wells, Boyd, etc.

Also need some to take paycuts if we are to fit in others

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
500k of 12m is still 1/24th of the salary cap for a bloke whose only been able to play 17 games out of the last 50 odd games.

For mine he should drop down to 2x 350k p.a. Lower money, also lowers the scrutiny.... ask Cloke, Mayne, Wells, Boyd, etc.

Also need some to take paycuts if we are to fit in others

Nice if it worked that way but I doubt he'll be getting any less than his previous contract, even if there are additional performance measures included. You balance the signing of Elliott on his rumoured current $450-500k with recent signings of Stephenson, Sier, Crocker et al who'd all be on less than the estimated league average of $380-400k. I'm sure we can accommodate him.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just be such a mega boon for us if he is back up and about.

Our biggest single hurt point this past few years.*

* Dane Swan injury aside I guess.

This may be the least successful player claim thread ever but things finally look like they're on the up.

Good to see Jamie back doing what he does best

Such a smooth mover. Can’t wait to see him back in the team.

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
This may be the least successful player claim thread ever but things finally look like they're on the up.

Good to see Jamie back doing what he does best

Love the balance and thud as hands clamp on the ball. A firing Elliott can mean all the difference this year.

We get near best 22 over next month (and keep them) and we could be legitamate contenders.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Really hope he can get some continuity on the field now. He can play a big part in the finals.

One game in the VFL next week and straight in..........or sack Bucks.

I’m finding it hard to believe that Jamie’s fit again! He will return to a forward line that’s completely transformed since he last played. Then he can take his turn at kicking three or four goals a game. Join our cosy group of forwards who’ve been picnicking in front of goals for most of the year.:D

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hope they don't consider him til round 21 vs Lions at Etihad. Rd 19 game vs Tigers will a high intensity game to return to and rd 20 vs Swans involves flights... which may complicate recovery.

Needs to build in the VFL over the next month up from 40% to 85-90% game time and then come in to seniors and build again from there. Need him peaking by rd 23.

Super super critical to our finals aspirations.

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
Hope they don't consider him til round 21 vs Lions at Etihad. Rd 19 game vs Tigers will a high intensity game to return to and rd 20 vs Swans involves flights... which may complicate recovery.

Needs to build in the VFL over the next month up from 40% to 85-90% game time and then come in to seniors and build again from there. Need him peaking by rd 23.

Super super critical to our finals aspirations.

We have to make finals first

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m finding it hard to believe that Jamie’s fit again! He will return to a forward line that’s completely transformed since he last played. Then he can take his turn at kicking three or four goals a game. Join our cosy group of forwards who’ve been picnicking in front of goals for most of the year.:D

Be nice to see him join the 5 club. That well has dried a little over recent weeks.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
And I know I’ve said this many times before, but....

Jamie Elliott is our biggest hurt point.
He is worth so much to us, elite talent level.

Just marine we have Will Hoskin-Elliott, Jordan De Goey, Jaiyden Stephenson surrounding the big boy Cox complimented by Jamie Elliott.

Then players like Thomas, Treloar when back, Sidebackside all running through.
Yikes for the opposition.

Back