Prediction Player Claim for 2018 - Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Losing Elliott now I'm convince we cannot win the flag.

Look out next year though.....if we even get half a sniff of good luck.
Not sure Xman.
Elliott has not been a part of what we have achieved so far this year.
I think Jmac hit the nail on the head with his above post.
JDG and Treloar are the ones we really need to be right come finals.

Having a good run with injuries is crucial to winning a flag in such a competitive competition, surely you understand that Jmac.
I believe in the guys on the field.

#thisisouryear

De Goey and Treloar are the key planks. Not Elliott.

We can agree to disagree on this one - personally I think a fit and firing Elliott would have made our F50 setup infinitely more difficult for the opposition to handle, but perhaps that's just me.

We can agree to disagree on this one - personally I think a fit and firing Elliott would have made our F50 setup infinitely more difficult for the opposition to handle, but perhaps that's just me.
I love Elliott but we are third without him. He’s been replaced.

He hasn't been replaced.
He is our best forward hands down.

It's been great that others have stepped up but he is a crucial piece of the puzzle.

We need to work out why our players are breaking down so easily compared to others.
Treloar, Elliott, Aish, Fasolo, Dunn, Scharenberg, De Goey…this is far too many of our best 22 missing far too many games.

He hasn't been replaced.
He is our best forward hands down.

It's been great that others have stepped up but he is a crucial piece of the puzzle.

We need to work out why our players are breaking down so easily compared to others.
Treloar, Elliott, Aish, Fasolo, Dunn, Scharenberg, De Goey…this is far too many of our best 22 missing far too many games.
Elliott kicked 34 goals last year.
Hoskin-Elliot currently has 37, JT has 32, JDG has 30 and Stevo has 28.
He’s not crucial at all. We are where we are without him. It’s time to believe in the guys on the park.

Elliott would be huge

BUT you are right.

We are THIRD without him.

Players like Thomas and Stephenson are filling that void.

We’ll miss De Goey and ofcourse Treloar and the wonderful Berger boy bit it is what it is.

Let’s play to win. Simples.

Not sure Xman.
Elliott has not been a part of what we have achieved so far this year.
I think Jmac hit the nail on the head with his above post.
JDG and Treloar are the ones we really need to be right come finals.
The problem is depth and Elliott was going to be a top 10 player coming back in. We keep losing them and not replacing them.

JDG will be back but Treloar only might be back, but will be badly underdone and the heat of finals he is at risk of doing his hammy again (would be our luck).

I hope you're right and I'm just hoping we can get a good run through the finals like the Tuggers did last year, then who knows?

He’s not crucial at all. We are where we are without him. It’s time to believe in the guys on the park.

I do believe in guys on the park.
But I know that Elliott is still a better footballer than all of the guys you have mentioned overall and makes us a better team.

I do believe in guys on the park.
But I know that Elliott is still a better footballer than all of the guys you have mentioned overall and makes us a better team.
No he doesn’t, look at the ladder.

No he doesn’t, look at the ladder.

Things change very quickly.
The ladder as it stands is not permanent.

If you honestly believe he doesn't make us a better team you're in denial.
He's our best natural forward by a mile.
His all round skill set is better than all the names you mentioned.

How many games has he played this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is depth and Elliott was going to be a top 10 player coming back in. We keep losing them and not replacing them.

JDG will be back but Treloar only might be back, but will be badly underdone and the heat of finals he is at risk of doing his hammy again (would be our luck).

I hope you're right and I'm just hoping we can get a good run through the finals like the Tuggers did last year, then who knows?
We are Collingwood so it's odds on that we will get more injuries.
The thing is that it is nothing new, although frustrating we have been going through this for the past 7 years.
I'm just enjoying that we are playing good football at last. The last few years we have had injuries and played crap football which meant there was nothing to enjoy.
At least this year we are playing enjoyable football.
Honestly I just take the view now that when a player is injured he won't be back. It's easier to deal with that way.

Give up mate. He's either trolling or has NFI

How many games has he played this year?

That's fantastic
But it doesn't mean all these players will continue to perform to the output they have delivered in 2018.

We know what Jamie Elliott brings and what he can do.
He's a consistent goal kicker and match winner.

We need him on the park.
He's our best forward hands down.

That's fantastic
But it doesn't mean all these players will continue to perform to the output they have delivered in 2018.

We know what Jamie Elliott brings and what he can do.
He's a consistent goal kicker and match winner.

We need him on the park.
He's our best forward hands down.
I rate him highly but has not been a part of a set up that has us in the top 4. In terms of this year he is not a loss because he hasn’t contributed.

I rate him highly but has not been a part of a set up that has us in the top 4. In terms of this year he is not a loss because he hasn’t contributed.

But we have lost as team on the back of it to make us better.
So it is a loss when you don't have your better players contributing.

I don’t understand your question.

In terms of 2018, Elliott's influence on the team (sadly) is one or more of the following:
etc etc
because he has not played one single game with the 2018 team - he has not kicked a single goal in our improved fwd line performance. It's highly unfortunate but them's the facts

That's because there is no question to begin with.
Pretty obvious to work out when there's no question mark I would have thought?
I don’t understand your statement.

Elliott kicked that many from 17 games in a dysfunctional forward line and with our side playing way way below where we are at now.
If anything his effort is even more meritorious, He is also adept to going up the park as well and would make us infinitely better, such a massive shame what has happened but in no way on earth would you ever consider trading him in my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back