Prediction Player Claim for 2018 - Jamie Elliott

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
In terms of 2018, Elliott's influence on the team (sadly) is one or more of the following:
etc etc
because he has not played one single game with the 2018 team - he has not kicked a single goal in our improved fwd line performance. It's highly unfortunate but them's the facts
I think we should ponder and discuss your list

:D

DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League
Devastating as he’s exactly what we need to cover for losses like DeGoey. We can’t take a trick. An undoubted talent.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm a bit hamstrung for time at the moment - need scans on my diary - will keep you posted - wouldn't blame Nathan if he disappeared for some "rehab /therapy on the state of our rehab list"
Agree.

Take 2-3 weeks

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Absolutely bloody devastated... Was getting excited finding out how he went today in the hope he would finally make his senior appearance next week.:'(

Love Elliot. Jmac's point that our achievements this year have been without Jamie is 100%, but we would be even better if he was in the side and firing on all cylinders. That's undeniable.

I think that we can all agree that Elliot is top 10 at our club if fit.

Unfortunately that's the problem.
Ever since his back problems he never has been and more than likely never will be for significant periods of time.

That's the worry Otto, it seems now that his hammies might never be robust enough to handle the intensity of AFL. Then again, his talent alone warrants persisting with for at least another year, even 2.

What if they are not on the field because of injury?
That’s the point. We have proved all season that players can come into the side and do well.
Injuries are always disappointing but they also present an opportunity.
I’m still very optimistic about our chances.

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
That's the worry Otto, it seems now that his hammies might never be robust enough to handle the intensity of AFL. Then again, his talent alone warrants persisting with for at least another year, even 2.
Yep. He is/was such a talent that it is worth rolling the dice.
I honestly don't know what my opinion is.
Part of me says we have to make the tough decision and move some of these guys on, another part of me loves these guys and hopes that if we persist there will be a happy conclusion.
Hard to be objective when you are emotionally invested.

Yep. He is/was such a talent that it is worth rolling the dice.
I honestly don't know what my opinion is.
Part of me says we have to make the tough decision and move some of these guys on, another part of me loves these guys and hopes that if we persist there will be a happy conclusion.
Hard to be objective when you are emotionally invested.

I see where you're coming from and feel the same way.

Do we take the view that Elliot, Wells, & maybe Reid won't be able to offer reliable enough service or do we persevere with a view to the upside?

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
I see where you're coming from and feel the same way.

Do we take the view that Elliot, Wells, & maybe Reid won't be able to offer reliable enough service or do we persevere with a view to the upside?
Romantic in me says keep them.
Realist says maybe move them on.

ipswichpies

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
queensland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
Na, Crocker and Elliot are interchangable, injuries dont matter.
What are you on mate no way on earth are Elliott and Crocker interchangable,Elliott if fit and firing is in our best 5 players and at his best he is in contention for AA honours.I know you are a piss taker but please to compare Crocker to Elliott is ludicrous.

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
Fortunately the players don’t believe that.

They can believe what they want.
You can't take this many best 22 players out of the team and still expect to win a premiership.
They have far exceeded our expectations this year and we have gotten games into players we never would have so even if the season finishes in week 1 of the finals, the year should still be counted as a success.

It's a shame though because if we were full strength, who knows what may have happened.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Let's first see what the prognosis is with the hammy.... but I don't mind the idea of resigning Jamie for 2 years.... writing off the rest of this year and the whole of 2019.... and just let him focus on surgery, healing and rehab with 2020 preseason onwards the final shot at his career.

Is a top 5 player on our list when fit. Is only about to turn 26. And if the club has had endless sympathy and patience for scharenberg and Reid, then why not Elliot?

And like Scharenberg and Reid, no club in their right mind will offer us anything of value for Elliot. See it through to the end even if that means retirement like Walker, Rusling, Sinclair.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’ve long felt Jamie is our biggest hurt player.
To what he could bring.
Elite level small forward if fully up and about.

Great shame.
Certainly worth persevering because of his unique talent.

Back