Prediction Player Claim for 2018 - Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Almost zero chance he can or should play again this year - rehab, rest, recovery - best shot next year - reassess in 2019. End of story. Full stop. No more. Thank you and goodnight.
Yep, he’s pretty much run out of time, although might tempt the selectors if we make it deep into September.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Apparently there's a sports rehab place in Qatar - (Aspetar?) - could be worth a shot.... Aspetar.com

I think something new has to be tried...…...why not?

See hamstring information from them below.

"Platelet-rich plasma therapy for hamstring injuries Aspetar’s worldwide unique high quality trial

Hamstring injuries are a nightmare for elite athletes. Once injured, the athlete can expect several weeks to a month or more out of sport and a 20-25% chance of re-injury. Aspetar’s research focuses on developing new treatment options for these muscle injuries. Aspetar, Qatar Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine hospital, is the first hospital worldwide to investigate the effect of a novel and innovative therapy (platelet rich plasma (PRP)) for hamstring injuries in elite athletes in a high level quality trial.
Aspetar’s high level scientific trial Anecdotal and low-level evidence suggests that PRP injection hasthe potential to facilitate healing and allow a 50% earlier return to sport after muscles injuries. It might potentially be the difference between winning and losing the game; and might allow for the winning of the championship. Aspetar’s goal is assisting athletes in achieving their full potential and in order to achieve this, we are performing this high level randomised controlled trial on the benefits of PRP in muscle injuries."

TKiL

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2017
Eastern Suburbs, Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think something new has to be tried...…...why not?

See hamstring information from them below.

"Platelet-rich plasma therapy for hamstring injuries Aspetar’s worldwide unique high quality trial

Hamstring injuries are a nightmare for elite athletes. Once injured, the athlete can expect several weeks to a month or more out of sport and a 20-25% chance of re-injury. Aspetar’s research focuses on developing new treatment options for these muscle injuries. Aspetar, Qatar Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine hospital, is the first hospital worldwide to investigate the effect of a novel and innovative therapy (platelet rich plasma (PRP)) for hamstring injuries in elite athletes in a high level quality trial.
Aspetar’s high level scientific trial Anecdotal and low-level evidence suggests that PRP injection hasthe potential to facilitate healing and allow a 50% earlier return to sport after muscles injuries. It might potentially be the difference between winning and losing the game; and might allow for the winning of the championship. Aspetar’s goal is assisting athletes in achieving their full potential and in order to achieve this, we are performing this high level randomised controlled trial on the benefits of PRP in muscle injuries."
Send link to Geoff Walsh and the whole football dept

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Send link to Geoff Walsh and the whole football dept

We have gone down this path in the past with Reid and that German doctor.

If the Club is fair dinkum they should be exploring all avenues.......…...spend the money and get on top of these type of injuries.

If the Club is fair dinkum they should be exploring all avenues.......…...spend the money and get on top of these type of injuries.
Reid hasn't done a hammy since has he?

I know he's had a bunch of other injuries like calves, achilies, and knees. Hammies haven't twanged though I think?

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reid hasn't done a hammy since has he?

I know he's had a bunch of other injuries like calves, achilies, and knees. Hammies haven't twanged though I think?

I think that is credited to the ballet teacher...……...but I think you may be right Kirby.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Even try that old old method.

Sufficient rest.

Good sleep for the athlete.

:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Surely not another hamstring injury! It's all speculation of course but would not be surprised if true.
Caution and cautious management so good way to go.

Fingers crossed folks.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Unfortunately we often don't know the full story behind these kind of reports.
Nope.

But before bigfooty did you ever give it a second thought?

So sometimes always checking and knowing Footy has its disadvantages.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nope.

But before bigfooty did you ever give it a second thought?

So sometimes always checking and knowing Footy has its disadvantages.
Except that the news is from the AFL rather than some BF poster. The article speculates rather than reports he has injured a hamstring. Nothing definite but not great for the last training session of the year. I'd rather the year finished on a positive note.

Last edited:

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Except that the news is from the AFL rather than some BF poster. The articulate speculates rather than reports he has injured a hamstring. Nothing definite but not great for the last training session of the year. I'd rather the year finished on a positive note.
Yes you do make a fair point.

In the past I’d not have read AFL dot com either.

It’s all positive.
We’re on our way.
I’d be happy if season 2019 we improve one spot at the conclusion of the season. Would do me.

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
giphy.gif

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
But but they went to Germany...

You people will swallow any garbage the club spits out.
Until there is a systematic clean out from head to toe of fitness staff, nothing will change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back