35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
Unless he's gone for scans - and we'll hear about it if he does or has, because the media are always all over that - it may just be precautionary or part of his program. There's need to go all Henny Penny after one unsubstantiated media report.
Sadly, we have quite a few on this board who love "to go all Henny Penny"! Some of them are not seen that often these days, but this sort of story invariably sees them show up again!

Thedivided

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
First of all did you all really expect Elliott & Moore won’t do hammies again ( note: it will happen to Moore soon)
Look on the bright side, the Blues already have two down with ACLs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I dont care who someone plays for I'd much rather see no young person have something they worked so hard for taken from them because of their body not being up too it. Dont be so selfish it's just a game and having known what depression can do to myself and witnessing others go through, I would never want others to be in any position like that. Get some morals champ.

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any hamstring concern for Elliott however minor or even de Goey can't be brushed aside with a quip about it being the best time of year for one to occur as our recent run with injury would suggest it's never a good time for a soft tissue injury at Collingwood.

All I know is that Mkcaptain must be banned from starting player claim threads.
Not even I could jinx someone as bad as that. We didn’t get a single game out of him.
Now give yourself an uppercut.:D

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
Which report? The AFL website broke the story and mention nothing about scans.
Yeah, don’t know where I saw that - I checked on the afl site but as you say, nothing there. sorry, my mistake.
It does in fact mention it, not in the article itself but below the picture of the player:
upload_2018-12-21_16-23-44.png

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-20/another-hammy-scare-for-injuryprone-collingwood-star

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Sadly, we have quite a few on this board who love "to go all Henny Penny"! Some of them are not seen that often these days, but this sort of story invariably sees them show up again!

Don’t worry there’s more than enough that jump to attention and play down any and all issues.

IMO, those that are more glass half empty are a symptom of environment. Elliott or Moore have scares/ issues and there’s a reaction. Durable guys like Phillips or Crisp have a similar issue and it barely raises an eyebrow.

In this case you have a guy with an extreme history of hamstring recurrence injuries leaving the track early so for mine there’s something there. The article didn’t acknowledge scans, outside the byline of an image, however I take more from Walsh speaking of a return to training after the break and not denying it. That’s not the language I’d use about a guy who was fine...

Jun 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Something needs to change, post haste. We cannot expect to have a similar run with injuries and make a grand final again.

Either fix the ground, training regime, and/or game plan or trade out the injury prone players for some that are more durable.

If Jamie has another hamstring problem - and its not confirmed - but if he has, then maybe its not the fault of the club or the medical/rehab team or the training environment or anything else we can control. Maybe he has a chronic and complex problem which the club has thrown everything at to try and fix, and its still 'wait and see' for 2019.

The fact that the club offered, and he ended up accepting, a one year contract extension kind of indicates this.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I hope they don't accelerate his program too soon. I'd rather we take our time with him and have him available for rd 15 onwards rather than rd 1. Slowly increase the work load and have him as a weapon inside 50 closer to finals time.

Back