Prediction Player Claim for 2018 - Lynden Dunn

will Dunn kick 50 goals in 2018?

• yes

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • no, I'm salty Dees fan

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sideline testing for ACL tears is very accurate, but becomes less so the longer you leave it because you get more swelling and more hamstring spasm which mask instability. So more false negatives.

Buckley’s comments about “damage in there” sound more like a meniscus tear, but it may be too optimistic to think they may be simply clearing the ACL while looking for something else.

Sideline testing for ACL tears is very accurate, but becomes less so the longer you leave it because you get more swelling and more hamstring spasm which mask instability. So more false negatives.

Buckley’s comments about “damage in there” sound more like a meniscus tear, but it may be too optimistic to think they may be simply clearing the ACL while looking for something else.

after the game the players were still on the ground and Foxtel showed Eddie talking to a club official. you could lip read 'ACL'.

Be interesting to think of how we saw him at first.

I thought simply he was insurance for N Brown going - stop gap.
Though I was surprised at melbournes treatment of him as he was a strong type.

But his attitude with us, his leadership is exemplary- credit to him.
And he’s very respected in the playing group.
It’s all about team with him.

No doubt. I'm happy to put my hand up when I'm wrong.

Poor guy. Get well soon. Time for someone to step up at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from my viewing of Mihocek (albeit limited to just his AFL games) he looked a very solid, accurate and long field kick.

More airtime with his kicks I'd reckon, Dunny gets that 50-55m kick where it's going very quickly and without any great height.

Put him on the rookie list. By the time he’s recovered next year we could be desperate for a full back.

Why the rookie list? It's not like his current contract or the one currently under negotiation is going to be massive.
Frees up a spot on the main list to draft/trade for another player. Could see him being offered a similar role to Ben Hudson a few years back.

Dunn is one to keep and place on the rookie list.

His leadership value is high and has helped the group, and that won't change with him hurt.

The obvious 2018 replacement is Sam Collins (ex Docker) who is ripping it up in the VFL. He has had eight games with 10 or more marks already which is incredible by any standard - with a 200+ mark season looking probable which is unheard of at any level. Ideal ready-made option.

Dunn is one to keep and place on the rookie list.

His leadership value is high and has helped the group, and that won't change with him hurt.

The obvious 2018 replacement is Sam Collins (ex Docker) who is ripping it up in the VFL. He has had eight games with 10 or more marks already which is incredible by any standard - with a 200+ mark season looking probable which is unheard of at any level. Ideal ready-made option.
I heard on the Freo a board a knock on Collins was holding onto his man, think he tended to be too loose. Hows the improvement in that regard?

I heard on the Freo a board a knock on Collins was holding onto his man, think he tended to be too loose. Hows the improvement in that regard?

I've found Collins is solid defensively. 1v1 he's very good and aerially he's capable. At ground level he's relatively weaker from what I've noticed, but no one's perfect.

He could play a role similar to Tom Stewart for Geelong this year as more that intercept marking, tallish defender. He's one you want to give that freedom to play to his strengths - as you do with anyone if you want to get the best out of them. And if we're bringing the pressure up the field, he can be super-effective and take intercept mark after intercept mark.

When I look for tall defenders, as long as they can intercept and win their 1v1 contests and take some 1v1 marks - Collins ticks each of those boxes, he can be play a role to a high level if given the opportunities.

Back