Prediction Player Claim - Sam McLarty

Remove this Banner Ad

Has to debut this week against the Saints imo. Deserves his call up, has been consistently good in the VFL and will provide a strong marking target up forward.

I 1st thought that but I thought at Docklands where you need a Quick Team could we bring in a Mid/Small Forward in instead.

Still hope he Debuts as he Deserves it

Has to debut this week against the Saints imo. Deserves his call up, has been consistently good in the VFL and will provide a strong marking target up forward.

Has he actually been clunking marks, or is he more just your battling, provide a contest, hard-worker type. If it's the latter, at least it will mean that there'll be no need to play Crocker and we might get to see Fazzy Boy.

Has he actually been clunking marks, or is he more just your battling, provide a contest, hard-worker type. If it's the latter, at least it will mean that there'll be no need to play Crocker and we might get to see Fazzy Boy.
Averaging 5 marks a game this year, and one of his strengths when he was drafted was his strong marking. He has sticky hands.

Do you reckon he'll be solely played as a forward or is he likely to pinch hit in the ruck?
I reckon he’ll play mostly forward and be encouraged to run up the ground to create contests.

I reckon he’ll play mostly forward and be encouraged to run up the ground to create contests.

So essentially what Reid did in his best game(s) this year? If we miss out on Tom Lynch we really need someone like McLarty to fulfil that role. Reid obviously cannot be relied on, especially at this stage of his career.

Feel a Bit Sorry for him as he would of Debuted vs Freo IF did not injure his Toe vs Dogs.

Should of Debuted anyway before now

I am not completely disagreeing with you, but from what I have seen so far this year, I would say Mclarty still has a lot of development to do before he get's a senior game, he is noy ready for seniors and it would be very late in the season before he plays AFL, still has no settled position and is being played in the ruck to teach him how to get to contests better, he is very raw still and Mihocek seems to be way ahead of him

I am not completely disagreeing with you, but from what I have seen so far this year, I would say Mclarty still has a lot of development to do before he get's a senior game, he is noy ready for seniors and it would be very late in the season before he plays AFL, still has no settled position and is being played in the ruck to teach him how to get to contests better, he is very raw still and Mihocek seems to be way ahead of him

I Disagree. McLarty Start of the Season has been Ahead of him. Was in the Best quite a bit start of the Season.

Only been last few weeks that McLarty not been in the Bests

Feel a Bit Sorry for him as he would of Debuted vs Freo IF did not injure his Toe vs Dogs.

Should of Debuted anyway before now

Why? We haven't had any space for him in our side to debut. He can't just magically become a midfielder or small defender and fit a need. It is unlucky that he got injured, but you can't exactly bemoan the selection committee for that.

Why? We haven't had any space for him in our side to debut. He can't just magically become a midfielder or small defender and fit a need. It is unlucky that he got injured, but you can't exactly bemoan the selection committee for that.

Could of Used him when Moore and Reid went down as a 2nd Tall Forward. I rather play him then Reid as Reid's Body is Stuffed

As much as McLarty looks good in the VFL the more I see Cox from Freo the more I wish that we had of picked him up instead of McLarty.

I know there was plenty of draft boards that had him linked to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as McLarty looks good in the VFL the more I see Cox from Freo the more I wish that we had of picked him up instead of McLarty.

Don't Write McLarty off yet.

Cox getting a Game in lot Weaker Side

Need to see McLarty get his opportunity first, may well have been the case Cox couldn’t break into our current team.

McLarty was the right call imo - he actually plays to his size (a lot of young KPF's play a bit short / soft nowadays) and he has a surprising amount of mongrel in him for such a nice kid off the field, so he'll do well.

After watching him in the VFL in his past couple of games though I came away with the impression that he still needs to work on his tank a bit before making the step up to AFL level.

He works pretty well in the more traditional (positional) style of play on smaller grounds at VFL level, but I suspect that opposing KPF's would just work him over by keeping him on the move and taking him up the ground / turning him around to get cheapies out the back on bigger AFL grounds and I don't think he's quite ready for that yet...

Might just be ready.

Wish him well.

Not strictly true, Magden is fit too as far as I’m aware.

Would definitely be more likely to debut than Magden though.

He is a Cat-B so I guess he could be Promoted but Looks a bit off Being AFL Ready

We got nothing to lose!

Sent from my Warped mind

Can't play him as a full back, as he hasn't played it for years.

Cant play him as Ruck... As we already has the AA Ruckman.

Maybe to replace Mihovhekvenacov... if he goes back... or Murray vomes into the backline for Dunn and the dynamic changes fb or the Essenfon game.

Interesting week at the selection table.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back