Prediction Player Claim - Sam McLarty

Remove this Banner Ad

So am I. I just get tired of people trying to re-create the 'Leigh Brown role' by force fitting some dude into it...
So you would have hated this post following yours then .... better than Leigh Brown!
I think he’ll be better than Leigh Brown. Could be a genuine force in a few years. Has really good traits. Strong marking, powerfully built... think a more mobile Tomahawk.

So you would have hated this post following yours then .... better than Leigh Brown!
Not sure that was what he was getting at. In fact, I’m sure he’d be pleased that someone thinks he’ll be better than Brown, who outside being a hardnut was an average role player.

Not sure that was what he was getting at. In fact, I’m sure he’d be pleased that someone thinks he’ll be better than Brown, who outside being a hardnut was an average role player.
Just watched the 2010 PF game and he was a force there - hard at it and quite decent in the ruck - then again in the GF he was ordinary in the first half.
Didn't have much natural talent but he could be imposing on his day. Sheer physical presence and a big enough tank to make it count.

I think he’ll be better than Leigh Brown. Could be a genuine force in a few years. Has really good traits. Strong marking, powerfully built... think a more mobile Tomahawk.
LOL.

I dont see any Leigh Brown in McLarty. What I do see is a big kid - still growing? - with a deft touch, and something less definable - an inherent confidence, a strong mindset? Not so much of the Leigh Brown crash and bash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont see any Leigh Brown in McLarty. What I do see is a big kid - still growing? - with a deft touch, and something less definable - an inherent confidence, a strong mindset? Not so much of the Leigh Brown crash and bash.
I don't see him getting a buzz like Leigh allowing his arm to be pummelled by a burly opponent.

I am not Comparing them as Players but more the Position they look to use McLarty in

I think he’ll break into the side early now that Goldy is out. Seems to be improving every game he plays.

What happened to Goldsack? or do you mean out of the defensive half (which i think is a s**t move personally)?

*Edit NVM just saw the news ACL gotta feel for him after after a career best year last season too.

Last edited:
He’s a big big boy.

Looks like his progression is on track.

Has a great attitude and work ethic.

His time is not far away.

Looks a main stay longer term, suspect he’ll be a steal of his draft year.*

* as I recall pre his draft the year before, McLarty was touted near or top 10; dropped due to injury concerns.

He’s a big big boy.

Looks like his progression is on track.

Has a great attitude and work ethic.

His time is not far away.

Looks a main stay longer term, suspect he’ll be a steal of his draft year.*

* as I recall pre his draft the year before, McLarty was touted near or top 10; dropped due to injury concerns.

Other similar stories in recent times include Witherden and Burton, both of whom look like becoming stars. Here's hoping McLarty follows suite.

Any news on the young man? Training but not playing which seems odd as there's no mention of any injury of Geoff Walsh's alleged injury report evidently brought to us by the same people responsible for the former Iraqi Minister of Information

It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a coating of WTF is happening.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back