Player Connections

Remove this Banner Ad

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
In my opinion we are building a special group. Not only do we have a plethora of young talent at the club but there's a number of talented young players on our list who in some way or another are connected to each other, which surely can only be a good thing and an added bonus in terms of team culture and comeraderie.

Garlett and Pickett are cousins.

Dow and O'Brien are mates, and Dow, O'Brien and Schumacher all stem from Bendigo.

There's two Silvagni's who are related and another might join in twelve months.

Can anyone else think of any other tight connections?

In my opinion we are building a special group. Not only do we have a plethora of young talent at the club but there's a number of talented young players on our list who in some way or another are connected to each other, which surely can only be a good thing and an added bonus in terms of team culture and comeraderie.

Garlett and Pickett are cousins.

Dow and O'Brien are mates, and Dow, O'Brien and Schumacher all stem from Bendigo.

There's two Silvagni's who are related and another might join in twelve months.

Can anyone else think of any other tight connections?

Every player and their manager?

or how about
WA? Garlett/Pickett/Cripps/Fisher....

Jarryd Roughead played in a T20 game for my cricket club last week...pretty sure he took my spot in the team...

I was on the scorebook though...so it kinda counts as playing with him?
teammates :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom De Koning played junior footy at Mt Martha, which was also Weitering's junior club.

Tom's dad Terry was/is a junior coach there and may have had an involvement with Weiters when he was an early pre-production model.......pretty sure.....

Dane Swan is coming out of retirement to play some games for Westmeadows in 2018. I played some games for Westmeadows in 1978 so I suppose that makes us team mates.

Is there a secret hand shake?

Is there a secret hand shake?

something like this

stock-photo-drug-trafficking-crime-addiction-and-sale-concept-close-up-of-addict-buying-dose-from-dealer-464197931.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back