List Mgmt. Player Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Mihocek is a must signing, and a few tough calls to make.
Not sure we will get Lynch or need him and not opposed to losing a player or two to get May who would see us sorted for KPD.

Player Contract Status
Last Update 17/7/18

1 Alex Fasolo (2018)
2 Jordan de Goey (2020)
3 Daniel Wells (2019)
4 Brodie Grundy (2020)
5 Jamie Elliott (2018)
6 Tyson Goldsack (2018)
7 Adam Treloar (2021)
8 Tom Langdon (2018)
9 Sam Murray (2019)
10 Scott Pendlebury (2020)
11 Jarryd Blair (2018)
12 Matthew Scharenberg (2020)
13 Taylor Adams (2019)
14 James Aish (2020)
15 Lynden Dunn (2018)
16 Chris Mayne (2020)
17 Callum Brown (2020)
18 Travis Varcoe (2019)
19 Levi Greenwood (2018)
20 Ben Reid (2019)
21 Tom Phillips (2019)
22 Steele Sidebottom (2021)
23 Sam McLarty (2018)
24 Josh Thomas (2021)
25 Jack Crisp (2019)
26 Josh Daicos (2018)
27 Kayle Kirby (2018)
28 Nathan Murphy (2020)
29 Tim Broomhead (2018)
30 Darcy Moore (2018)
31 Flynn Appleby (2018)
32 Will Hoskin-Elliott (2018)
33 Rupert Wills (2019)
34 Tyler Brown (2020)
35 Jaidyn Stephenson (2021)
36 Brayden Sier (2019)

37 Brayden Maynard (2020)
38 Jeremy Howe (2021)
39 Ben Crocker (2019)
40 Josh Smith (2018)
41 Brody Mihocek (2018)
43 Adam Oxley (2018)
44 Jack Madgen (2018)
45 Max Lynch (2019)
46 Mason Cox (2020)

Out Of Contract 2018
1 Alex Fasolo
5 Jamie Elliott
6 Tyson Goldsack
8 Tom Langdon
11 Jarryd Blair
15 Lynden Dunn
19 Levi Greenwood
23 Sam McLarty
26 Josh Daicos
27 Kayle Kirby
29 Tim Broomhead
30 Darcy Moore
31 Flynn Appleby
32 Will Hoskin-Elliott
40 Josh Smith
41 Brody Mihocek
43 Adam Oxley
44 Jack Madgen

AFL is about winning premierships. Hard decisions need to be made.
For example, when Malcolm Blight went to Adelaide, he instantly culled players that he thought were not going to win him Premierships (which including much loved club champions). He arrived in 1995. They went back to back in ‘97 and ‘98.
So, decisions are made on past productivity and future productivity and how much we need to trim off our wages to secure what we need.
We need to have 4 selections in the draft. Also, word is, that we are after Lynch and May as free agents. Also, we are trying to not lose Darcy Moore (the Swans are red-hot on him).
Players to cull?...
*GOLDSACK: much loved, but cooked.
*KIRBY: was never really going to make it. Not many AFL players with moobs succeed these days.
*BLAIR: Brown does his job now (and Josh Thomas)
*BROOMHEAD: this is really sad. However, has been too fragile and basically just a player...
*GREENWOOD: is just a mule. I actually like him, however, what can he provide that Wills and/or Sier can’t?
*FASOLO: the thought of waiving Fas also makes me quite ill. However, he ain’t a crumber, nor a tackler. He’s a hit-up 6 footer that plays like a 6’6 player. We have Mihocek, Cox, Reid, McLarty, WHE and (hopefully) Lynch... no real role.
That makes 6 delistings to fit in 2 free agents + 4 picks.
However, we need to shed more, to give us more salary cap relief and upgrade rookies. Mihocek MUST be upgraded. Apparently Magden is killing it... another year as a rookie. Bye-bye Oxley and Smith.
* JAMIE ELLIOT is on very large coin. His back is totally shot. Back degenerative problems= repeat hamstring problems. He is done. Offer him a year, on a rookie wage + bonuses. We’ve paid him well over the past few years with no real return. If he says no, let him go. Nobody out there will offer long terms or a good price.
* DANIEL WELLS barely plays and has now snapped his foot. He should be measured for a golden parachute and offered some made-up football department job.
That is 6 delistings and possibly 8. All players that realistically haven’t provided much over the past 2 years and probably won’t in another 2.
Realistically, if we secure May, then Dunn doesn’t really have a role to play. But, he’s on peanuts and if we can rookie him, he’s the type of hard nut to have around the joint.

AFL is about winning premierships. Hard decisions need to be made.
For example, when Malcolm Blight went to Adelaide, he instantly culled players that he thought were not going to win him Premierships (which including much loved club champions). He arrived in 1995. They went back to back in ‘97 and ‘98.
So, decisions are made on past productivity and future productivity and how much we need to trim off our wages to secure what we need.
We need to have 4 selections in the draft. Also, word is, that we are after Lynch and May as free agents. Also, we are trying to not lose Darcy Moore (the Swans are red-hot on him).
Players to cull?...
*GOLDSACK: much loved, but cooked.
*KIRBY: was never really going to make it. Not many AFL players with moobs succeed these days.
*BLAIR: Brown does his job now (and Josh Thomas)
*BROOMHEAD: this is really sad. However, has been too fragile and basically just a player...
*GREENWOOD: is just a mule. I actually like him, however, what can he provide that Wills and/or Sier can’t?
*FASOLO: the thought of waiving Fas also makes me quite ill. However, he ain’t a crumber, nor a tackler. He’s a hit-up 6 footer that plays like a 6’6 player. We have Mihocek, Cox, Reid, McLarty, WHE and (hopefully) Lynch... no real role.
That makes 6 delistings to fit in 2 free agents + 4 picks.
However, we need to shed more, to give us more salary cap relief and upgrade rookies. Mihocek MUST be upgraded. Apparently Magden is killing it... another year as a rookie. Bye-bye Oxley and Smith.
* JAMIE ELLIOT is on very large coin. His back is totally shot. Back degenerative problems= repeat hamstring problems. He is done. Offer him a year, on a rookie wage + bonuses. We’ve paid him well over the past few years with no real return. If he says no, let him go. Nobody out there will offer long terms or a good price.
* DANIEL WELLS barely plays and has now snapped his foot. He should be measured for a golden parachute and offered some made-up football department job.
That is 6 delistings and possibly 8. All players that realistically haven’t provided much over the past 2 years and probably won’t in another 2.
Realistically, if we secure May, then Dunn doesn’t really have a role to play. But, he’s on peanuts and if we can rookie him, he’s the type of hard nut to have around the joint.

Extremely unlikely we’d get Lynch and May. Greenwood is highly rated as a leader, so I can see him staying too.

"The Whisper" Column in the Herald Sun today mentions a prominent member of our backline currently holding the fort due to the injury crisis isn't feeling the love off the field. This being due to a considerable distance between his asking price and the club's contract offer. Only guessing Tom Langdon perhaps.

"The Whisper" Column in the Herald Sun today mentions a prominent member of our backline currently holding the fort due to the injury crisis isn't feeling the love off the field. This being due to a considerable distance between his asking price and the club's contract offer. Only guessing Tom Langdon perhaps.
Almost definitely Langdon, given he's out of contract.

Just read in the Age that Murray is contracted until end of 2020. What happens with the Salary cap if he is suspended? Is it still included or is it freed up? If free, some could be offered to Langdon and the remainder can be distributed as we like.

Just read in the Age that Murray is contracted until end of 2020. What happens with the Salary cap if he is suspended? Is it still included or is it freed up? If free, some could be offered to Langdon and the remainder can be distributed as we like.

surely he's in breach of contract and whatever we signed him to is null and void

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll get paid it you'd think given what's happening with Murray & Moore. Can't lose too much from the backline all at once. It'll strengthen his bargaining power too now.

Out Of Contract 2018
1 Alex Fasolo: Try to trade him for a decent pick. What would we be likely to get in compensation if he leaves as a free agent?

5 Jamie Elliott: Keep or he retires. We won't get much for him in a trade because of his injury history. What would we be likely to get in compensation if he leaves as a free agent?

6 Tyson Goldsack: If we win next week, he might retire. If we don't, he probably gets a one year contract.

8 Tom Langdon: Long term contract.

11 Jarryd Blair: De-list, or he retires.

15 Lynden Dunn: One year contract.

19 Levi Greenwood: One year contract.

23 Sam McLarty: One year contract.

26 Josh Daicos: Two year contract.

27 Kayle Kirby: I have no idea what his health is like. Probably de-list.

29 Tim Broomhead: I would de-list him. But the club probably gives him 1 year on base wage because of the injury he sustained.

30 Darcy Moore: Long term contract.

31 Flynn Appleby: 1 year rookie contract.

40 Josh Smith: De-list, or he retires.

41 Brody Mihocek: Promote to senior list. 2 year contract.

43 Adam Oxley: De-list, or he retires.

4 Jack Madgen: 1 year rookie contract.

Last edited:
Take a look at Jamie Elliott's Instagram story. To me it hints that he has re-signed.
after WHE saying he's signed 'til 2020 with no story when it was finalised (that I know of) and JT having articles about signing, but nothing official, it makes me think that the contract stuff might be a bit more opaque going forward. Wouldn't surprise me if you're right and he has re-signed. Might be a Guy thing?

after WHE saying he's signed 'til 2020 with no story when it was finalised (that I know of) and JT having articles about signing, but nothing official, it makes me think that the contract stuff might be a bit more opaque going forward. Wouldn't surprise me if you're right and he has re-signed. Might be a Guy thing?
I mean... Maybe. But there was a big song and dance from the club about De Goey re-signing, and they had big annoucements for the Brown brothers, Murphy, Scharenberg, Aish, Stephenson, Sier, Reid and Lynch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back