List Mgmt. Player Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

He is out of contract this season and his player agent does represent 5 Crows players,and he isn’t getting a regular gig at the Pies... so yeah I’d guess he is looking at all available opportunities! But no I didn’t hear anything directly from Brayden just his agent!

He is out of contract this season and his player agent does represent 5 Crows players,and he isn’t getting a regular gig at the Pies... so yeah I’d guess he is looking at all available opportunities! But no I didn’t hear anything directly from Brayden just his agent!
He isn't getting a regular gig? Lol what? He didn't play his first two seasons because his body wasn't right and when he debuted last year he only missed one game subsequently and that was through injury.

Get outta here mate.

All I’m saying is that in talking with his agent.... If the Pies don’t give him an extended multi-year contract with a substantial pay rise, don’t be surprised to see him at the Crows next season.
We've offered him three years. For a bloke that has played 12 games that's pretty good, but not really sure what he's done to earn a "substantial payrise."

All I’m saying is that in talking with his agent.... If the Pies don’t give him an extended multi-year contract with a substantial pay rise, don’t be surprised to see him at the Crows next season.

Hope the crows have 2 first rounders then.

Multi year contract could viewed as 2 years. Substantial pay rise could be viewed as 30-50% more than he currently earns.

He’ll stay a pie. Don’t you worry about that.

But IF he did want to Ieve and Adelaide wants him, they’ll get bent over like they did with those hacks from Carlton - twice.

Our cap is actually quite well placed.
We will have Wells, Mayne, Varcoe, Greenwood contracts begin to open up this year and next.
Goldsack, Reid and Dunn look to be at the end too.

We have locked away the bulk of our mainstayers to longer term deals.
This will help to lock in JDG in due course and Jamie Elliot too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our cap is actually quite well placed.
We will have Wells, Mayne, Varcoe, Greenwood contracts begin to open up this year and next.
Goldsack, Reid and Dunn look to be at the end too.

We have locked away the bulk of our mainstayers to longer term deals.
This will help to lock in JDG in due course and Jamie Elliot too.

Yeah, I can see wells, Greenwood, Reid and Goldsack all finishing up this year. Greenwood May go on somewhere else. Dunn might stick around but not on the main list. Varcoe I’m not sure about.

Ball-winning duo Taylor Adams and Tom Phillips have agreed to terms on new deals that will keep them at Collingwood for the long-term.
Foxfooty.com.au understands all that remains is for the AFL to tick off on their contracts, which are both believed to be heavily back-ended. The league must approve deals and is keeping a close eye on the Magpies total player payment (TPP).
It’s believed Adams will sign a five-year deal, while insiders believe Phillips has agreed to a three-year extension.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...d/news-story/66439cc67a5a489e10d9bd85d1ceb836

Just found updated list on a twitter account - John Murray sidebyside. thanks to him.

View attachment 685150
Someone I know who works for the club told me that Cat B contracts are generally three years, so Madgen would be OOC next season and Keane in 2021. Tohill likely would have been given a three year contract too despite being a Cat A.

Someone I know who works for the club told me that Cat B contracts are generally three years, so Madgen would be OOC next season and Keane in 2021. Tohill likely would have been given a three year contract too despite being a Cat A.
Can't change it that is how I found it (screen dump).

Hopefully posters will take your post into account when reading. thanks.

Last edited:
I find that extremely odd, and doubt that any of those players would have been given three-year contracts. I'm pretty sure the Irish players' contracts were said to be two-year deals. Surely Madgen was never such a hot prospect that they would have offered such a long deal, whereas there would have to be a rule in place that gives overseas imports at least a couple of years, so they had some sort of security. Tom Wilson's deal is meant to be a longer one, and rightly so, under the circumstances.

We've had the likes of Ben Richmond and Darrean Wyatt on our books as Cat. B Rookies in recent times, and both have lasted just the one year, so I presume they were only on one-year deals. Overall, I'd say it would be a case of "horses-for-courses".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back