Player Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated for finalized delistings, rookie movements, and re-contractings. Moved over the FA indication to 2021 as part of that. Feel free to highlight anything that I didn't get right in the shuffling just then.

In the year by year (2021) McFadyen is listed as a rookie. Presumably he is still on the primary list despite being on the LTI list.
Yep, got caught out by multiple Connors.

Added Robbo's free agency status because of his delisting by the Blues. I thought he'd be exempt because it came before the DFA rule change.

Our free agents (from https://www.afl.com.au/news/542061/skippers-flag-heroes-stars-galore-in-monster-free-agency-crop):

BRISBANE
Connor Ballenden*
Grant Birchall*^
Jarryd Lyons*
Rhys Mathieson*
Daniel Rich
Mitch Robinson*
Archie Smith*
Dayne Zorko

Added notes to triggers for Lyons and Adams, leading to mixed messages about whether they're OOC this year.

JL's contract trigger confirmed:

GUN MIDFIELDER Jarryd Lyons is locked in at Brisbane for next year, with the potential first-time best and fairest winner scrubbed off the AFL's free agency list.

Lyons, who is in contention for his first Therabody AFL All-Australian jumper after a magnificent season, was due to come out of contract at the end of this year but has reached a trigger to be at Brisbane next season.

The former Gold Coast and Adelaide midfielder has been a revelation since he joined the Lions at the end of 2018 as a delisted free agent, which made him eligible again for free agency this season with his initial three-year deal due to expire.

Coleman updated based off this:

BRISBANE is facing a delicate scenario with its list structure heading into the off-season with 35 of its current 37 senior-listed players contracted for next year.

Tom Joyce and Brock Smith remain without a 2022 deal with the Lions among the clubs in the tightest predicament for list spots.

Coleman updated based off this:

BRISBANE is facing a delicate scenario with its list structure heading into the off-season with 35 of its current 37 senior-listed players contracted for next year.

Tom Joyce and Brock Smith remain without a 2022 deal with the Lions among the clubs in the tightest predicament for list spots.

Good pick-up. Same would apply to Fullarton I'd assume?

Good pick-up. Same would apply to Fullarton I'd assume?
Good point, I still had him on the rookie list in my mental list. Updated correspondingly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't find any info on Fort's contract status. He was under contract for 2022 at Geelong, presumably we'd be extending him as part of luring him north - educated guess would be three years but it would literally be a guess, so I've only marked him with ??? for the time being.

I can't find any info on Fort's contract status. He was under contract for 2022 at Geelong, presumably we'd be extending him as part of luring him north - educated guess would be three years but it would literally be a guess, so I've only marked him with ??? for the time being.
Just confirmed by Danny Daly on the Roar Deal Podcast that he's signed a 3 year deal.

Hey dlanod I can’t find the link to Robertson being signed to 2023. Have you got it at all?
Each year contains a link to the media report of the signing - in his case, an Australian article that mentioned he's actually signed to the end of next year.

I think someone quoted the whole article elsewhere on the board but I don't have that handy.

Is Cal Ah Chee contracted for next year - seems a bit of ambiguity whether he is contracted for next year?
They never announced the length of his deal when he moved across. Given the lack of speculation and him not appearing in the list of our out of contract players, I'm comfortable now to say he's definitely signed for next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back