Toast Player encounters...

Remove this Banner Ad

BrizzyBandit

Premium Platinum
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thought I'd create a thread dedicated to encounters we all have with AFL players past and present.... especially the Lions of course.

I met Jamie Charman today. He was incredibly friendly and engaging when I asked to shake his hand, and told me he'd been at the club this morning and the feeling was super high.

He had hoped they could play finals this year, but was thinking 8th or 9th.... and is blown away by how good we actually are this year sitting at the top.

Just a great guy, no ego, no weirdness that you can sometimes get with players.

I hope he's still involved with the Lions in an official capacity.

Gril'd at Camp Hill used to be a bit of a hot spot for Lions sightings. This is an old photo but marks the start of my love for both Squizzy and Dizzy. They (and RoBew) happily took the time to chat to my son and pose for a photo. As my son can talk the leg off a chair and so can Squiz I had to drag my boy from the table otherwise they would have been there all night. Top blokes.

EDIT Dizzy & Squizzy looks like he's wearing a Coorparoo JAFC 75th anniversary cap.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Schache, Keays, William and Rockliff.

I used to work with Rockliff’s partner. Met her at Carindale once and the boys were all with Rocky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back