Prediction Player jumper numbers

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
20181126_122218.jpg

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
^

still think black numbers on white background looks far better than the above of white numbers on black background.

Especially live it’s harder to pick up; but I’ll get over it, maybe... one day.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
35Daicos check now...

Back to the old, the Fas still hanging around

Rookies still the old list

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes, I know! That's why I "captured" how it looked (rookie list) a few minutes back, because I suspected it might all change again.
Do you recall this happening last year? Or previous year?

I have a feeling I’ve seen slight “backwards forwards” of the player profiles in the past.
As you say, they working on it, so maybe they prepare the “new” profile set it all up then place in in their spots.

I do know player photo day is usually closer to the season proper start than summer training start.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
Do you recall this happening last year? Or previous year?

I have a feeling I’ve seen slight “backwards forwards” of the player profiles in the past.
As you say, they working on it, so maybe they prepare the “new” profile set it all up then place in in their spots.

I do know player photo day is usually closer to the season proper start than summer training start.
I definitely recall the same thing happening in the past, last year at least I'd say. There are likely to be posts about it in similar threads from previous years.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
I don't understand these kids having no sense of romance or history.

Why wouldn't you want your dad's number is your dad was a revered figure?

Like...if you're going ot have the gumption to "make a new number your own" you better sure as s**t be good enough to do it. OTherwise, get with the program and take your dad's old number.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Like...if you're going ot have the gumption to "make a new number your own" you better sure as s**t be good enough to do it. OTherwise, get with the program and take your dad's old number.
Maybe he is honouring his dad, Craig..... :eek:

:D:D:D

Think about it. Laterally.

Only joking folks.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood

Maybe they want to be seen as their own player? God knows the huge expectations on Darcy Moore because everyone is expecting him to be the next Peter. No wonder he was considering pissing off to a club where there isn't so much scrutiny all the time. Bad enough just being a random player at Collingwood when it comes to external pressure, add to that the pressure that comes with being a F/S.

If Josh Daicos becomes a serviceable player but not a goalsneak like his dad, idiot supporters inevitably see him as a failure rather than just a decent player. The surname can be a curse at times.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe they want to be seen as their own player? God knows the huge expectations on Darcy Moore because everyone is expecting him to be the next Peter. No wonder he was considering pissing off to a club where there isn't so much scrutiny all the time. Bad enough just being a random player at Collingwood when it comes to external pressure, add to that the pressure that comes with being a F/S.

If Josh Daicos becomes a serviceable player but not a goalsneak like his dad, idiot supporters inevitably see him as a failure rather than just a decent player. The surname can be a curse at times.
Surnames can be cross to bear.

It does have advantages.

It makes passage to the club they likely barrack for easier.

Also if a player is line ball in being draftable the surname (genetics) can swing the deal.
Maybe Josh Daicos and the Brown boys don’t get picked or only as rookies if they were from the Smith family?

Last edited:

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood

Like...if you're going to have the gumption to "make a new number your own" you better sure as s**t be good enough to do it. OTherwise, get with the program and take your dad's old number.

I love the whole F&S tradition, embrace it, I say. The only one to do it was Darcy

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood

I think Darcy can handle it and FWIW Josh Daicos is a talent in his own right.

Peter Daicos was a freak in front of goal but some of his best work was done in the middle.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cam Cloke
I think you’ll find Travis had a history of being in 32 or wanting that pre his colllingwood days.

I think he liked it being at least close to his dads 33.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think you’ll find Travis had a history of being in 32 or wanting that pre his colllingwood days.

I think he liked it being at least close to his dads 33.
Or it could’ve just been because Cam had 33, Jason wore 34 when he was at the Pies. But either way they all wanted to try and wear a number linked to there dad

Back