Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just on Ollie, all emotional hyperbole aside, I think we still need him. He endured a poor year and perhaps he’s not captaincy material or the A-grader we all hoped for, but I still expect him to be a very good player through the next 5-6 years of his career.

We have a horribly age unbalanced list, with too few players around that 22-27yo range. He’s one we do have. We can’t keep pissing these guys away only to replace them with 18yos. It goes against the equally flawed tactic of 2014-17 of trading away our first picks for Ryder, Polec and Dixon.

If we’re going to let Powell-Pepper go, I would suggest a straight swap for Hateley or as part of a bundle (with pick 10) to GC for Lukosius. He has to agree to going to one of the expansion clubs which would seem unlikely though. I’m not interested in an SPP for Fantasia swap as the latter just doesn’t do enough often enough to be worth it to us.

Leaveit2charlie

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I can't see Frampton staying if Hinkley is still here, and he's absolutely won himself a spot on an AFL list elsewhere with his performances this year at SANFL level.

We just needed to give him a fair crack at it. It's incredibly frustrating and it's Butcher deja vu. We'll let him go then suddenly find we've got no KPF depth.

Billy will stay. If not for suspension he would have finished the year in the side.

May 9, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think we have to hit the draft and rebuild properly now. Anyone who isn't committed or has currency move them on. Do the rebuild properly now and play youth over experience next year.

Harro59

Club Legend
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We need to keep Ollie as good as Boak has bee , he will fall of that cliff soon as well as Rockliff.

We have Drew and Atley to come in at some point as well, in fact I would start looking to get games in to if I these blokes in front of Rockliff for 2020.

Ryder goes, ok that's tough but he's the one we are ok to lose at the moment.

Amon, if we can get a 2nd rounder for him would be fine.

SPP, I don't know. He's such a talent and a bull I would love to keep him. But I guess it's what could we get from the WA sides for him?

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Delist
McKenzie (stays if we turn over to many and would have to use pick 390 in the draft)
Trengove
Johnson
Hewett
Sutcliffe

Trade for anything / token picks etc
Motlop
Rockliff
Ryder
Sgray

Trade (keep without a reasonable offer)
Bonner
Wines

Trade for a over the top offer only
SPP

Must sign Amon and Frampton.
Id keep Spp and ship wines and Rocky

David Puddy

All Australian
Aug 19, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Pick 8 is more than enough for an overweight, mentally weak, piss poor decision maker like Ollie.

Would take it and run.

8 and Paddy Dow? Would they do it as Dow was a high pick but hasn’t shown much. Other than that i’m not sure they have anyone they’d be willing to part with who we’d want.

Dow actually has worse disposal than Ollie.

DazzaTys

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What’s the chat about SPP’s off field issues? He needs a mentor like Dustin Martin had, I’m not advocating for Choco back but there’s enough good people in Adelaide.

If we are stuck with Ken, give him nothing but kids to play before the new coach comes in.
Came here to post exactly this. Sell everything. Make sure there is no way for that campaigner to make the 8.

Jakksynn

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I am adamant that Westhoff has to go this year. We can’t be carrying all of Gray, Boak, Ebert, Hartlett, Rockliff, Broadbent and Westhoff in a side that is rebuilding. That’s a third of the side that will be 30+

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If we are stuck with Ken, give him nothing but kids to play before the new coach comes in.
We should be doing this anyway, but definitely if we're stuck with pig headed fool. This is my starting point. And for those up for trade I'd accept what most would consider 'unders'. I want a fresh start, not a half-arsed attempt to play first round draft picks sold as a rebuild.

Delist / Retire
Westhoff
McKenzie
Trengove
Johnson
Hewett
Sutcliffe
Broadbent

Trade, but delist if no offers
S. Gray
Ebert
Ryder