List Mgmt. Player List Management 2019-20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure where people get this shopped around from. I think they’re mistaken

C4 from memory said that there was people on the board who thought it would be a good idea to consider a trade for him. Also said teams from Vic had been enquiring about him and trying to snag him but he wanted to stay at port (at least at that stage).

there was nothing about us trying to move him.

For the love of god dont go down the top up route.
1 thing we seem to have in place and nail is drafting / recruiting.
As you said a free agent here and there fine but dont go trading out top picks on players yet.
Our under 23s are right up there with the best in any list, in terms of number of them and spread of positions.
We need another few talls developing, with farther sons etc we have a good mix coming through also.
Totally agree. Would only trade in, for an absolute elite player. Free agents is the go, but as long as they don’t hampen the growth of our youngsters. Having a successful year this year, helps that free agent recruitment.

Is this now potentially our best lineup?

FF. Woodcock Dixon. Gray
HF Rozzee. Ladhams. Georgie
C: Amon. Boak. Duursma
HB. Burton. McKenzie. Hartlett
FB. DBJ. Clurey. Jonas
R. Lycett Wines Butters

int. Mayes, SPP, Marshall, ?

on outer... Westhoff, Motlop, Rockcliff, Ebert

Is this now potentially our best lineup?

FF. Woodcock Dixon. Gray
FB. DBJ. Clurey. Jonas
R. Lycett Wines Butters

int. Mayes, SPP, Marshall, ?

on outer... Westhoff, Motlop, Rockcliff, Ebert
No Houston?

No Houston?

Thanks!! Thats who I had Forgotten.
I friggen love this mix of players...maybe just missing a tall defender.

FF. Woodcock Dixon. Gray
FB. DBJ. Clurey. Jonas
R. Lycett Wines Butters

int. Mayes, SPP, Marshall, Houston

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Down a 195cm+ KPD. If Hinkley doesn’t dwarf the forward line at the business end of the season, then if/when we go out in finals, the most likely scenario is our defence can’t handle the height of the opposition forward line. A quality 195cm+ KPD is the only type of player I’d be happy spending a high draft pick on to get via trade.

I won’t use the term missing piece, as we’ve been burnt by that, but glaring hole in the list is certainly valid.

Down a 195cm+ KPD. If Hinkley doesn’t dwarf the forward line at the business end of the season, then if/when we go out in finals, the most likely scenario is our defence can’t handle the height of the opposition forward line. A quality 195cm+ KPD is the only type of player I’d be happy spending a high draft pick on to get via trade.

I won’t use the term missing piece, as we’ve been burnt by that, but glaring hole in the list is certainly valid.

Totally agree. Has Pasini grown any further as we was listed as 193cm when we drafted him?

Hypothetically, if we had a big 195+ cm defender, who would you take out of our current side to fit them? I'd imagine one of Clurey or McKenzie would be on the outer but I'm not sure it is a clear cut decision.

I think our list is pretty balanced but I am never against bringing in good ball users off half back. Hartlett is going to be 30 soon, Houston could be a midfield regular pretty soon and I'm not sold on Bonner or Mayes as long term solutions.

Hypothetically, if we had a big 195+ cm defender, who would you take out of our current side to fit them? I'd imagine one of Clurey or McKenzie would be on the outer but I'm not sure it is a clear cut decision.

I think our list is pretty balanced but I am never against bringing in good ball users off half back. Hartlett is going to be 30 soon, Houston could be a midfield regular pretty soon and I'm not sold on Bonner or Mayes as long term solutions.

Depends which type of Key defender if it's a Talia type(pure defence) then Clurey. Mckenzie long kick out defence is pretty useful.

Don't think there is a realistic KPD we can get this year to the take 196cm Key Forward. Aidan Corr would be a good get but his more of a great athlete who can play small or on the Second foward.

For the future
-Hopefully looking at Young KPD and KPF for next 3-5 years.
- some speed would be great to replace motlop, and another fast rebounding defender

Yeah my focus would be on drafting a key defender who can take over post Jonas and also assessing who is our kpp depth in 2021. If Grundy or pasini might be ready to step up and play 1-8 games then okay, but if not then a ready made depth option would be ideal but I’m not sure we have the luxury of list space on depth this off-season.

Yeah my focus would be on drafting a key defender who can take over post Jonas and also assessing who is our kpp depth in 2021. If Grundy or pasini might be ready to step up and play 1-8 games then okay, but if not then a ready made depth option would be ideal but I’m not sure we have the luxury of list space on depth this off-season.
Could Jones be a Jonas type defender?

Still waiting for the AFL to announce list sizes for the next 2 years.
Do the right thing AFL. Same list size, but lower pay for everyone. Look after the bottom guys on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back