List Mgmt. Player List Management 2019-20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I tend to think we may need to sacrifice 1 or 2 players (SPP perhaps) in coming years, to try and improve our key defender stocks.

Reported by caro that rozee,butters and duursma have all resigned for 3 years and should be announced tomorrow.
We had better start accruing some pennies in the bank for their next extensions if they become what we are all expecting they will be.
A couple more years to strengthen the bonds between the three can only be a good thing too.
Genius move by our recruiters by working things to get three top, ready to play, young ones onto our books and for the coaches for playing them together from day one.

So five kids have re-signed but no Kane Farrell... And jake patmore has only signed one year extension instead of two years..

Edit: has Sam Hayes re-signed??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Only GIVEN one year! He has been given an opportunity to come back from his injury and show what he has got. Good sound list management!

So is Farrell not happy to stay or is he not given a contract? He needs to work harder and improve but you’d think he should be offered a contract extension??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd imagine he'll be offered a year. Details of his deal could be pending future signings though. If we think we're getting Fantasia for instance, Farrell's opportunities quickly dry up. Then it becomes less important for us to sign him, but also changes the dealing by his management to have less reliance on match payments for his next contract.

Farrell is a must sign for me. Should be one of our top priorities. I would much rather keep Farrell then trade for Fantasia.

It wouldn’t be unusual for a player to hold out until they play a few more afl games and push their value up before signing a contract.
He’s really quick, elite disposal and arguably our best set shot. Definitely re-sign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Farrell is a must sign for me. Should be one of our top priorities. I would much rather keep Farrell then trade for Fantasia.

It wouldn’t be unusual for a player to hold out until they play a few more afl games and push their value up before signing a contract.

Wouldn’t say priority just yet and I’m not sure he will pump his value up too much. He has shown a lot but needs to get more of the pill and be stronger defensively. Add those elements and he becomes a lock in the 22 and a very dangerous small forward. Also nullifies the need for Raz.

Thus far all good, sensible signings. Not too much coin or time on anyone. Patmore gets a chance to comeback from the knee but pressure will be on.

So we are in a situation where everyone we want to keep is signed? Ie to pry SPP, Marshall, etc free clubs will have to pay more as they in contract.

Is there substance to the crows into Ladhams rumour? He is out of contract as he is on a rookie deal and hasn’t signed an extension

I tend to think we may need to sacrifice 1 or 2 players (SPP perhaps) in coming years, to try and improve our key defender stocks.

No way!

Key defenders can come from the rookie list. Just pick a bunch of Grundy types and failed KPP and find one that plugs the hole.

We want to keep all our players for the right price.

Reality dictates that won’t happen, but we aren’t going to be delisting 8-10 players this year.

Also, I have no idea where the hard on for Farrell comes from. Yeah, he’s a great kick for goal, but so was Karl Amon when he first started...and that’s where I see Farrell at. A guy who struggles to get his hands on the ball when it’s not delivered to him on a plate and who doesn’t put his head in the hole when it’s his turn.

He’s got massive amounts of potential, but there’s a reason Garner got an early deal and Kane didn’t. Joel actually shows the hardness that we are looking for.

I’m all for re-signing him, but show me that you’ve got something other than your driver in your bag.

So you're saying that if we put enough games into him he could turn into a very good afl standard player?
Agree

I’m saying if he works on his game like Amon has and adds contested ball to it he’d probably be a superstar and our own Jaidyn Stephenson. But he’s not there yet.

No news on Frampton, assuming he's gone end of the year? Amon?

They won't do everyone at once. Chris Davies made a comment that suggested Billy is in future plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back