List Mgmt. Player List Management 2019-20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you think the club would take a rookie punt on Harley Bennell ? Back in our fitness staff and the support of ports off field program.

Risk v reward could be worth it.

Unlikely, but I would consider it, with very very strict conditions.

Miss a training session, any fights, Drug/Alcohol incidents, bad PR or anything we don’t like and it’s out the door, no warnings or second chances.

Gibbs being linked to us.
on the cheap i still wouldnt!!

Id let ryder walk and keep both ladhams and frampton

Adelaide trying to get out of the hole they are in.

My thoughts on Gibbs are the same as what they were in 2016 when he was linked to us, except now he's 30-31 years old:

Also, I have no idea where the hard on for Farrell comes from. Yeah, he’s a great kick for goal, but so was Karl Amon when he first started...and that’s where I see Farrell at. A guy who struggles to get his hands on the ball when it’s not delivered to him on a plate and who doesn’t put his head in the hole when it’s his turn.

He’s got massive amounts of potential, but there’s a reason Garner got an early deal and Kane didn’t. Joel actually shows the hardness that we are looking for.

I’m all for re-signing him, but show me that you’ve got something other than your driver in your bag.

One of if not the best kick in our side

Fast

Genuine forward nous

Has shown with defensive roles this year he can play that way if needed (was played as a defender in under 18’s from memory we’ve just moved him forward)

The knock is you want him getting more involved in general play but from where he has come from he’s made huge strides in that already.

What did he have Sunday? 23d. That’s worlds ahead of where he was at when we drafted him. Upward trajectory and I’m very very happy we snagged him with a late pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't touch either Gibbs or Bennell with a barge pole. Bennell's injury problems may be fixable, but he's had years to tidy up his off-field stuff and hasn't. All the talk about him and Charlie being off the rails at the Suns - since Charlie has been at Port and away from Bennell I can't recall Charlie putting a foot wrong off-field, Bennell seems to have just continued on.

attempt to Trade any of
Ryder
Motlop
Bonner

Delist
McKenzie
Trengove
Johnson
Hewett
Add S. Gray to the trade list. And I wouldn't be too upset if Hoff retired so we don't have all our senior players go a short space of time.

For my controversial call I'd be putting Ebert on the trade blocks. If two things epitomise the problems we've had it's playing too short and shithouse disposal. The first can be rectified by selections and actually playing KPF's. The second by moving on senior players who kick like Stormtroopers shoot. And Ebert is the poster boy for that.

Do you think the club would take a rookie punt on Harley Bennell ? Back in our fitness staff and the support of ports off field program.

Risk v reward could be worth it.

I think the likelihood of there being any reward is very, very low.

Farrell... agree, needs to do more than just kick straight. IMO the Orazio thing is pure... “Fantasia” lol. Is Woodcock progressing in the opinion of regular SANFL watchers?

Ladhams should be first in for Scotty next year. Ryder’s tap work still AFL elite but his around the ground is Sam BOUlderstone Norwood. Hayes ideally needs another 12 months. So it’s not so much contracts as expectations and intentions over time. If Ryder can’t regain his mobility he’s a 1yr break glass option.

Billy’s competition is Todd and Doogs. We are so bloody inefficient up forward for so many different reasons that having exactly the right 2nd tall turns out to be critical to how well we go. Dixon still underruns the ball regularly, aided and abetted by the likes of Talia. We can’t play two relatively immobile rucks and rob our mid rotations. I want Todd to become the forward Westhoff never was and am prepared to be patient but we need a plan B(illy).

Our crumbers ... aren’t. Sam is in-between everything. Brad an average kick of a third tall in a tall mid’s body. Amon is a wingman. Back to the Farrell/Orazio non-debate.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Wouldn't touch either Gibbs or Bennell with a barge pole. Bennell's injury problems may be fixable, but he's had years to tidy up his off-field stuff and hasn't. All the talk about him and Charlie being off the rails at the Suns - since Charlie has been at Port and away from Bennell I can't recall Charlie putting a foot wrong off-field, Bennell seems to have just continued on.
Ah yes I forgot that. Charlie didn’t want Bennell to join him at Port and maybe with good reason.

This is our list of uncontracted players

Patrick Ryder - trade
Matthew Broadbent - ? Probably retire. Maybe 1 year contract if he wants it. Trent McKenzie - delist
Billy Frampton - sign! He might leave for opportunity.
Karl Amon - offer contract but if he wants to leave then getting good value for him when he’s in career best form is good business
Jack Trengove - delist
Kane Farrell - must sign.
Riley Bonner - sign.
Aidyn Johnson - delist
Peter Ladhams (3rd year rookie) - must sign!
Justin Westhoff - 1 year deal.
Cam Hewett (14th year rookie) - delist
Martin Frederick (1st year category B rookie) - keep on rookie list
S. Gray - TRADE. For the love of god trade him while he has trade value even just to protect Hinkley from himself.
K. Pudney (1st year category B rookie) keep on rookie list
T. Cox 1st year rookie - keep on rookie list.

Depending on draft picks and incoming and outgoing trades some of those seasoned players down as delist like Trengove etc could be kept if needed for leadership in the seconds.

Ah yes I forgot that. Charlie didn’t want Bennell to join him at Port and maybe with good reason.

The AFLPA CBA wouldn’t let us write a fair and reasonable “supplementary regulations” special contract for Bennell. A loss for everyone. Sad.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back