List Mgmt. Player List Management 2019-20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather go in a player down than have Gibbs on our list next year. If the stories about him are even half true, he'd be a cancerous figure to have at a footy club.

Wouldn't touch either Gibbs or Bennell with a barge pole. Bennell's injury problems may be fixable, but he's had years to tidy up his off-field stuff and hasn't. All the talk about him and Charlie being off the rails at the Suns - since Charlie has been at Port and away from Bennell I can't recall Charlie putting a foot wrong off-field, Bennell seems to have just continued on.

Looking forward to the full moon next week for some even more wacko suggestions .

No way!

Key defenders can come from the rookie list. Just pick a bunch of Grundy types and failed KPP and find one that plugs the hole.

SPP young don't let bald head trick you . We have some vintage in mid now but cliff close .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is our list of uncontracted players

Patrick Ryder - trade
Matthew Broadbent - ? Probably retire. Maybe 1 year contract if he wants it. Trent McKenzie - delist
Billy Frampton - sign! He might leave for opportunity.
Karl Amon - offer contract but if he wants to leave then getting good value for him when he’s in career best form is good business
Jack Trengove - delist
Kane Farrell - must sign.
Riley Bonner - sign.
Aidyn Johnson - delist
Peter Ladhams (3rd year rookie) - must sign!
Justin Westhoff - 1 year deal.
Cam Hewett (14th year rookie) - delist
Martin Frederick (1st year category B rookie) - keep on rookie list
S. Gray - TRADE. For the love of god trade him while he has trade value even just to protect Hinkley from himself.
K. Pudney (1st year category B rookie) keep on rookie list
T. Cox 1st year rookie - keep on rookie list.

Depending on draft picks and incoming and outgoing trades some of those seasoned players down as delist like Trengove etc could be kept if needed for leadership in the seconds.

Frampton sign ? Not close to being an AFL footballer

I'd rather s**t in my own mouth than watch him put on a Port guernsey

I'd rather see you work out how to do this than to see him in a Port guernsey

Frampton sign ? Not close to being an AFL footballer

He's the best key forward we got in the SANFL. If he's not good enough, then Marshall should be delisted.

Gibbs and Bennell are absolutely nots.

Aside from Gibbs' clearly out of control off field issues, he's never been a great player on field. He's had patches of good football as a half back accumulator but nothing anywhere near worth the off field stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon McKenzie and Trengove could stay if we make other trades, but we certainly wouldn’t be desperate to keep them.

Sam Mayes I like but if he couldn’t make the side while Amon was injured how will he ever?

Johnson is absolutely gone.

Do Atley, Ryder, Amon, SPP, Sam Gray, Frampton or Farrell get traded? Do we trade out one of our 9000 half backs?

I’d say it’s pretty bloody likely.

There are still a lot of question marks around our tall forwards. A lot will depend on how well Dougal Howard fits into a tall forward role. If Dougs is a success over the remainder of 2019 and stays up forward then the chances of Frampton and Marshall are going to be severely limited.

I think Paddy Ryder should stay on the list as a depth ruckman and a mentor for younger players at SANFL. I see value in keeping players like Ryder and Trengove on the list if only to mentor young guys in the SANFL. Maybe listing one or both of these guys as a mature rookie might be considered? That is assuming it is allowed under the AFL's anti Port rules.

The pressure is on Frampton and Ladhams both of whom have apparently attracted interest. Todd Marshall is under contract but that means little other than giving us the upper hand in a trade deal. Last year we traded Wingard and Pittard who were both still under contract so Marshall could also be on the table. Obviously we would not want to trade all of our young talls but I seriously think at least one of them will go.

The one young tall I would mark as untouchable is Sam Hayes. This kid could be anything if he stays fit.

As it stands we probably have five young players, Howard, Marshall, Frampton, Ladhams and Hayes looking at two spots in the AFL side. The question may not be if we trade a young tall but what we trade him for?

I'd rather go in a player down than have Gibbs on our list next year. If the stories about him are even half true, he'd be a cancerous figure to have at a footy club.

I agree with you and I don't even have to consider the stories.

With the crop of young talent we have coming on we do not really need another 31 year old midfielder. In any case back in 2006 father Ross was pretty vocal about where he thought son Bryce should go or to be more specific where he shouldn't go. As we found out with the Cornes boys, the sins of the father should not be visited on the son but it is still a warm and fuzzy feeling to tell the Gibbs clan we don't need 'em and we don't want 'em.

As if all that isn't enough there is a dark cloud over Gibbs' activity while at his current club.

Whereas last year the club instigated quite a bit of player movement, there will perhaps be a bit of movement in terms of players going that the club would prefer to keep.

I have no inside information, but my guess/prediction would be:

*Ladhams re-signs
*Amon returns to Victoria
*Frampton leaves for more opportunity
*we try to trade SPP, but after quite a bit of negotiation, deal falls through at last minute.
*we have to use our 1st pick on Mead.

I hope Im wrong about Amon and Frampton (and 1st pick for Mead), but thats my prediction for what its worth (and that probably aint much!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back