List Mgmt. Player List Management 2019-20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had a thought but it could be the alcohol talking.

What if we make all of our players who reach the father son threshold donate sperm? Technically all the kids they produce would be eligible for us right? Surely there would be a lot of women keen for AFL pedigree sperm even if they dont get to experience the fun part with it.

Also we could seek out Amazonian women to create our own breeding program to produce a new breed of super AFL players that we can draft on the cheap.

Re-father/sons, congrats to Jackson Mead. Plays first game for the Eagles this week.

Port could have played him post National Champs, but elected to top up with players who have already qualified for finals.

Go figure. ineligible for us now.

Suppose next they will tell us the Club will not try to push for James Borlase (U16 playing in Sturt reserves) to be ineligible for Cows NGA!!!!!!

Re-father/sons, congrats to Jackson Mead. Plays first game for the Eagles this week.

Port could have played him post National Champs, but elected to top up with players who have already qualified for finals.

Go figure. ineligible for us now.

Suppose next they will tell us the Club will not try to push for James Borlase (U16 playing in Sturt reserves) to be ineligible for Cows NGA!!!!!!

I’m not bothered about mead not coming to the magpies as it doesn’t seem like the eagles or sanfl blocked us from doing it but we made the choice to leave him there. Considering the magpies are fairly stacked when we don’t have many injuries it’s probably a good idea.

Was very disappointed with him today. With no Wines it was the perfect opportunity from him to step up and really stamp his influence on the game.
Was very disappointed with him today. With no Wines it was the perfect opportunity from him to step up and really stamp his influence on the game.
SPP has some good qualities unfortunately our development and coaching panel will see him locked into a fruitless career here. Just GO hinkley your mindset is destroying this club. You are a complete fraudster.

Didn't okay in the guts until 2nd half which was strange

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Should have been started in guts but even when there 2nd half Lycett was poor , beaten in hit outs to advantage and I'm struggling to remember a Paddy Ryder like palm direct to his mid on the move

Just noticed from AFL App
He was No 1 for Port in Distance and speed today

You're reading into my comment a lot that isn't there if you think I'm happy with where the club is at. Extremely unhappy with the state of things but directing your ire at the one player from the last decade who has stood up more than any other in big games because he can be lairy and comparing him to a bloke who goes to water in front of goals just about every time is bizarre.
The club is run and coached by frauds. Robbie Gray is one player we've got that deserves better
I was using Robbie as an example as to what the coaches have let slip by just because it is Robbie Gray and because no one has picked him up on it, it has become "normal" that we see that kind of stuff not just from Robbie but a host of other players. I also feel that a lot of people who vent their spleen about where we are at, and rightly so, are also very sensitive when when anyone dares to mention that a top player has defects in his game that can and should be eradicated and I find that quite hypocritical to tell you the truth Noddy.

It's no good banging on about how bad our skills are, how unthinking we are, how lazy we are etc etc and then just turn a blind eye to terrible football because it happens to come from a player who is immensely talented and at the same time, just lay into other players (refer to todays game day thread) where our supporters are saying trade him, trade that one, he's s**t wah wah wah, a scatter gun approach that would see a whole heap of players shown the door who are serving and have served the club well but get absolutely no credit for what they too have done for the side when they are playing well.

My point Noddy is that we have to be ruthless regardless of what the name of the player is because it only stands to reason that if player A B C etc improve their game because the coach demands they improve in a particular area, then surely the whole team benefits?

People have to realise that not one player alone wins or looses games but rather, it's the team whose players make less mistakes that wins and I want to see mistakes picked up on and corrected and lairising to be stopped completely!

We need a blight purge of senior players. They are s**t.

Agree or disagree Westhoff, Broadbent, Gray and Boak are coach killers.

I’d be moving on them plus Hartlett and Rockliff plus Ryder.

I’d be money balling and trading out Dixon and playing Frampton, I don’t feel these 500k difference in their output.

With some smart trading and picks we would still have a reasonable starting 22, playing youth.

The amount of games over Hinkley's tenure where Robbie Gray or Travis Boak has grabbed our flailing side by the scruff of the neck and dragged us over the line.

"Coach killers" I couldn't disagree more regarding Gray and Boak.

Don't disagree about Westhoff. Hartlett and Broadbent go missing but they don't exactly cost us games through a lack of effort or obvious mistakes.

I don't think moving Dixon on is a good idea if the coach is going because under a decent forward structure he'll find his mojo again. It's really difficult to rate any of our forwards when the structure and setups have been so bad for so long. If we traded Charlie to say, Geelong, he'd probably win the Coleman next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbie Gray falls over too often at critical times when he plays forward against the better sides when we need him to figuratively and literally to stand up. He doesn't do it anywhere as often in the mid field.

Robbie Gray falls over too often at critical times when he plays forward against the better sides when we need him to figuratively and literally to stand up. He doesn't do it anywhere as often in the mid field.

These are games where he's usually one out and we've got absolutely no other options to score. He's won us enough games in that role that we really shouldn't have won without his brilliance.

We've put too much on Robbie shoulders over the past 5 years. The forward setup has been absolutely horrendous and everyone else who has played there has taken an enormous form and reputation hit. Look at Boak. Look at Dixon. Robbie has won 4 All Australian guernseys despite being required to play a huge chunk of his time in the desolate wasteland that is the Ken Hinkley forward line. He is a genius.

The amount of games over Hinkley's tenure where Robbie Gray or Travis Boak has grabbed our flailing side by the scruff of the neck and dragged us over the line.

"Coach killers" I couldn't disagree more regarding Gray and Boak.

Don't disagree about Westhoff. Hartlett and Broadbent go missing but they don't exactly cost us games through a lack of effort or obvious mistakes.

I don't think moving Dixon on is a good idea if the coach is going because under a decent forward structure he'll find his mojo again. It's really difficult to rate any of our forwards when the structure and setups have been so bad for so long. If we traded Charlie to say, Geelong, he'd probably win the Coleman next year.

Dixon is an enigma, was he a super forward at GC? He’s a fit tall guy that provides a dream. Look at his patterns compared to Lunch today.

People can get sucked in all they like about Gray and Boak. But facts are our history connected with them sucks, they are part of our culture of shitness. Are they good players? Maybe, but maybe they need to be good players elsewhere!

These are games where he's usually one out and we've got absolutely no other options to score. He's won us enough games in that role that we really shouldn't have won without his brilliance.

He does it against the other middle class sides and the cellar dwellars. He has rarely done it against the best sides. When he isn't falling over against them, he is missing simple set shots anywhere from 20-40m out straight in front or on a slight angle.

We've put too much on Robbie shoulders over the past 5 years. The forward setup has been absolutely horrendous and everyone else who has played there has taken an enormous form and reputation hit. Look at Boak. Look at Dixon. Robbie has won 4 All Australian guernseys despite being required to play a huge chunk of his time in the desolate wasteland that is the Ken Hinkley forward line. He is a genius.
The forward set up has been a disgrace as has been the kick it to the s**t house mentality when going inside 50, but lets call a spade a spade re Robbie's ability to get us over the line against the best sides. He doesn't do it often enough.

We need a blight purge of senior players. They are s**t.

Agree or disagree Westhoff, Broadbent, Gray and Boak are coach killers.

I’d be moving on them plus Hartlett and Rockliff plus Ryder.

I’d be money balling and trading out Dixon and playing Frampton, I don’t feel these 500k difference in their output.

With some smart trading and picks we would still have a reasonable starting 22, playing youth.
If we were bottom 4 and out of finals race Ken and selection committee may have had the balls to drop the older 'stars' and play the kids.

As it is I wouldn't blame Atley, Drew, Marshall, Ladhams, Frampton, Farrell, etc if they went looking for opportunities at other clubs at the end of their contracts or even sooner.

We will see a purge of the older guys if we like it or not purely due to their age. If we don't give games to some of our younger guys while they are in better form than most of our senior players we'll lose them and end up with a list worse than 2009.

Just noticed from AFL App
He was No 1 for Port in Distance and speed today

Duursma's GPS fell off during the game. They mentioned it on the broadcast and showed it sitting in the grass.

I watched SPP at the game today. When the ball is not in his vicinity he does nothing. Zero.

Watch on TV or live ?

Given he covered more Ks and and at more speed than anyone else in Port team it speaks shockingly of others in team ?

TV or at game ?

Dixon is an enigma, was he a super forward at GC? He’s a fit tall guy that provides a dream. Look at his patterns compared to Lunch today.

People can get sucked in all they like about Gray and Boak. But facts are our history connected with them sucks, they are part of our culture of s**tness. Are they good players? Maybe, but maybe they need to be good players elsewhere!

Tom Lunch

Duursma's GPS fell off during the game. They mentioned it on the broadcast and showed it sitting in the grass.

Have you got a minute in match so I can rewind to it . His stats including head mAp appear complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back