Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiss from a Rozee

Goddess
Bring Back the Bars
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The same coaches who have consistently not placed any value on an efficient and effective forward line over half a decade. What a strange opinion.

Our defence was elite in 2018 when we played 12 players back there every game. Strange that our 1-2 player forward line wasn't elite at the same time and UNDER THE SAME COACHES!

I’m not sure what opinion you think I hold?

I just don’t think our current senior forwards are any good. I like our younger crop, but I’d like to see any or all of Ryder, Motlop, Sam Gray and Ebert moved on and I think replacing at least one of them at the trade table rather than through the draft is good policy.

Windy Cindy

Premiership Player
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Did you realise amongst the worst kicks in AFL are Dusty and Fyfe . Fyfe also ordinary by hand.

They're not Superstars ??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hes ordinary by hand and foot

legitimate guns against a battling plodder with shocking skills.

There is no value in trading for any short term improvements like Fantasia if Hinkley is at Port in 2020. There’s little value in it if he’s sacked.

The new coach’s first job is going to be to test the list/blood the youth/have an actual game plan. Then they can trade for what is needed when our huge pile of untested but promising talent have some AFL exposes form.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I’m not sure what opinion you think I hold?

I just don’t think our current senior forwards are any good. I like our younger crop, but I’d like to see any or all of Ryder, Motlop, Sam Gray and Ebert moved on and I think replacing at least one of them at the trade table rather than through the draft is good policy.
Our current senior forwards don't perform well, mainly because we don't play a lot of genuine forwards up there, and the ones we do have to try to make the best of a terrible system.

Players in our forward line are currently, due to the forward strategy, at their lowest possible trade value. Spending draft and player currency to bring in average players from other teams to plug them into the same system is bad list management.

We could have just play the developing forwards we have and develop them instead of burning draft picks.

Its not. We have so much evidence.
Maybe, but under Hinkey who would know. I’m very confident Fantasia would be made to look an arse by Hinkley forward line coaching too.

To be fair, Fantasia just needs to get up in the morning to look like an arse.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
PORT ADELAIDE

Aidyn Johnson
— The agile midfielder has struggled to push his case in the SANFL, averaging just 10.5 disposals in 13 games. He hasn’t been seen at AFL level since Round 8. DELIST

Billy Frampton
— The Power have plenty of big men, with Frampton playing two matches at AFL level. He appears to be down the pecking order and a number of clubs could come calling. RE-CONTRACT

Cameron Hewett
— The 22-year-old hasn’t played an AFL match this season and has fallen behind a number of their young stars. DELIST

Cam Sutcliffe
— The former Docker started the season as the Port Adelaide Magpies captain, but is now part of the senior list after being a mid-season rookie draft pick. He has since played four AFL games in 2019 and seems likely to go around again. RE-CONTRACT

Jack Trengove
— No matter how many disposals Trengove racks up, Ken Hinkley won’t pick the midfielder. He has averaged 32.7 touches in the SANFL and it would be a surprise to see him on their list for 2020. DELIST

Jack Watts
— A nasty injury suffered at the beginning of the season has all but ruled Watts out for 2019. The utility is still a vital player for the club and deserves a new deal. RE-CONTRACT

Justin Westhoff
— The Power utility is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, but seems most likely to remain at the club for 2020. The cult figure has played 17 games under Ken Hinkley this season. RE-CONTRACT

Kane Farrell
— The 20-year-old has done some fantastic things in 2019, booting 11 goals from seven games. He deserves another deal. RE-CONTRACT

Karl Amon
— Amon is having a career-best season at the club and his form warrants a new contract. He has averaged 19.5 touches from 14 matches under Hinkley in 2019. RE-CONTRACT

Matthew Broadbent
— The general defender took some time out of football to deal with some personal issues, but returned from an early injury to play seven games this season. RE-CONTRACT

Patrick Ryder
— The Power have plenty of rucks at their disposal, forcing Ken Hinkley to chop and change all season. Ryder will have suitors from other clubs, but it remains to be seen if he is at Alberton next year. OUT THE DOOR?

Sam Gray
— Despite playing 17 games in 2019, Gray is yet to sign a new deal with the club, averaging 18 disposals and booting 20 goals. RE-CONTRACT

Tobin Cox
— The small forward was taken by the Power in the rookie draft and has booted 20 goals in 11 SANFL appearances. RE-ROOKIE

Trent McKenzie
— ‘The Cannon’ appears very unlikely to be on Port’s list next year, given he has spent the entire season in the SANFL, averaging 19.7 disposals and 5.6 marks in 14 games. DELIST

MrChow

Club Legend
Jun 24, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How much SANFL depth is needed of 2020 older/potential fringe players? - Motlop, Watts, Ryder, Ebert, Broadbent, Westhoff, Trengove, Sutcliffe, S Gray.

I like having 2-3 in the SANFL to help with leadership and so we don’t get flogged. But that’s it.

I’d also consider trading Rockliff or Wines for the right price. I think Drew and SPP are the inside future.

Left field - trade Wines for a Billings type or a quality high half forward, and get rid of S Gray - or a Top 10 draft pick and some.

Jack Watts — A nasty injury suffered at the beginning of the season has all but ruled Watts out for 2019. The utility is still a vital player for the club and deserves a new deal. RE-CONTRACT
Apparently Watts is contracted for next year anyway.

Orazio has apparently expressed a desire to work with Nathan Bassett again. Bassett coached him at Norwood. Orazio still has two years left in a three year deal so Essendon would not let him go cheaply.

I don't mind Orazio, but if he wants to come back specifically to work with Bassett, I'd rather have neither than both.

I don't mind Orazio, but if he wants to come back specifically to work with Bassett, I'd rather have neither than both.

I do mind Orazio. His haircut sucks and he acts like a bellend.

Oct 1, 2014
NeverNevers
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

PORT ADELAIDE

Aidyn Johnson
— The agile midfielder has struggled to push his case in the SANFL, averaging just 10.5 disposals in 13 games. He hasn’t been seen at AFL level since Round 8. DELIST

Billy Frampton
— The Power have plenty of big men, with Frampton playing two matches at AFL level. He appears to be down the pecking order and a number of clubs could come calling. RE-CONTRACT

Cameron Hewett
— The 22-year-old hasn’t played an AFL match this season and has fallen behind a number of their young stars. DELIST

Cam Sutcliffe
— The former Docker started the season as the Port Adelaide Magpies captain, but is now part of the senior list after being a mid-season rookie draft pick. He has since played four AFL games in 2019 and seems likely to go around again. RE-CONTRACT

Jack Trengove
— No matter how many disposals Trengove racks up, Ken Hinkley won’t pick the midfielder. He has averaged 32.7 touches in the SANFL and it would be a surprise to see him on their list for 2020. DELIST

Jack Watts
— A nasty injury suffered at the beginning of the season has all but ruled Watts out for 2019. The utility is still a vital player for the club and deserves a new deal. RE-CONTRACT

Jack Watts should get another chance. Picture SARAH REED
Jack Watts should get another chance. Picture SARAH REEDSource: News Corp Australia
Justin Westhoff — The Power utility is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, but seems most likely to remain at the club for 2020. The cult figure has played 17 games under Ken Hinkley this season. RE-CONTRACT

Kane Farrell
— The 20-year-old has done some fantastic things in 2019, booting 11 goals from seven games. He deserves another deal. RE-CONTRACT

Karl Amon
— Amon is having a career-best season at the club and his form warrants a new contract. He has averaged 19.5 touches from 14 matches under Hinkley in 2019. RE-CONTRACT

Matthew Broadbent
— The general defender took some time out of football to deal with some personal issues, but returned from an early injury to play seven games this season. RE-CONTRACT

Patrick Ryder
— The Power have plenty of rucks at their disposal, forcing Ken Hinkley to chop and change all season. Ryder will have suitors from other clubs, but it remains to be seen if he is at Alberton next year. OUT THE DOOR?

Sam Gray
— Despite playing 17 games in 2019, Gray is yet to sign a new deal with the club, averaging 18 disposals and booting 20 goals. RE-CONTRACT

Tobin Cox
— The small forward was taken by the Power in the rookie draft and has booted 20 goals in 11 SANFL appearances. RE-ROOKIE

Trent McKenzie
— ‘The Cannon’ appears very unlikely to be on Port’s list next year, given he has spent the entire season in the SANFL, averaging 19.7 disposals and 5.6 marks in 14 games. DELIST

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Visenfest

Chasing stability
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

PORT ADELAIDE

Aidyn Johnson

Billy Frampton

Cameron Hewett

Cam Sutcliffe

Jack Trengove

Jack Watts

Jack Watts should get another chance. Picture SARAH REED
Jack Watts should get another chance. Picture SARAH REEDSource: News Corp Australia
Justin Westhoff — The Power utility is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, but seems most likely to remain at the club for 2020. The cult figure has played 17 games under Ken Hinkley this season. RE-CONTRACT

Kane Farrell

Karl Amon

Matthew Broadbent

Patrick Ryder

Sam Gray

Tobin Cox

Trent McKenzie
Johnson - delist if we can't trade
Frampton - keep
Hewett - delist
Sutcliffe - delist
Trengove- delist if we can't trade
Watts - keep
Westhoff - keep on a one year deal
Farrell - keep
Amon - keep
Broadbent - trade or one year deal
Ryder - trade or one year deal
S Gray - trade or one year deal
Cox - keep
McKenzie - delist

I do mind Orazio. His haircut sucks and he acts like a bellend.

Zak Butters' haircut sucks and he acts like a bellend, that's half the reason I like him. Dickhead small forwards are great as long as they're on your team.

I’m seriously concerned that Farrell is still out of contract right now.

Why? He’s not getting a game ahead of Butters or Rozee, and he’s horrible at defensive pressure. He’s like another Aaron Young - gets on the end of the hard work of others.

He’d seriously be dead last on the people we need to re-sign. I’m not saying I wouldn’t want to keep him, and I wouldn’t delist him...but his contract is whatever we have left over in the cap once we’ve retained all the players that are more important.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why? He’s not getting a game ahead of Butters or Rozee, and he’s horrible at defensive pressure. He’s like another Aaron Young - gets on the end of the hard work of others.

He’d seriously be dead last on the people we need to re-sign. I’m not saying I wouldn’t want to keep him, and I wouldn’t delist him...but his contract is whatever we have left over in the cap once we’ve retained all the players that are more important.

What?

He’s pretty good with defensive pressure, to the point he’s even been given defensive forward roles. He’s played more football as a defender than a forward if you count junior football.

Gets on the end of others good work? I’m not sure how that can apply to Farrell and not any other forward that has ever existed? If anything he’s the guy creating the good work that others get on the end of with his elite ball use.

There’s definitely a spot for him in the side with rozee and butters unless you’re stringently pro- 16 half back flankers.

Not too mention that rozee will be a centre mid ASAP.

What?

He’s pretty good with defensive pressure, to the point he’s even been given defensive forward roles. He’s played more football as a defender than a forward if you count junior football.

Gets on the end of others good work? I’m not sure how that can apply to Farrell and not any other forward that has ever existed? If anything he’s the guy creating the good work that others get on the end of with his elite ball use.

There’s definitely a spot for him in the side with rozee and butters unless you’re stringently pro- 16 half back flankers.

Not too mention that rozee will be a centre mid ASAP.

I said I would keep him, didn't I? I'm signing him over Sam Gray and Aidyn Johnson for sure. All I'm saying is that he plays a position we are well stocked in.

There's always a new player coming in over the horizon. Don't get too attached to them unless they are first or second round picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back