List Mgmt. Player List Management 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
These suspensions that Billy keeps getting makes his contract extension seem very unlikely.
I said before I want the squad to have a great amount of aggression, but there is a line between playing tough and being stupid. Frampton has crossed that line a bit this year. I'm also disappointed in his finals series performances (apart from the great goal assist to Marshall).

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I said before I want the squad to have a great amount of aggression, but there is a line between playing tough and being stupid. Frampton has crossed that line a bit this year. I'm also disappointed in his finals series performances (apart from the great goal assist to Marshall).

I was disappointed by most of our senior squad and coach all year, but you know...

Marshall, Drew, Garner & Ladhams will all be pushing to become best 22 next year.

Marshall and Ladhams already are IMO. Will slide seamlessly into Sam Gray and Ryder's spots and we'll be a better team for it going forward.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Marshall, Drew, Garner & Ladhams will all be pushing to become best 22 next year.
I strongly agree with the previous posters that all 4 are already best-22, if not arguably now, then IMO they absolutely will be in 2020. I reckon all 4 guys will play a big part in shaping the future of this team.

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Anaheim Ducks, LA Rams
I strongly agree with the previous posters that all 4 are already best-22, if not arguably now, then IMO they absolutely will be in 2020. I reckon all 4 guys will play a big part in shaping the future of this team.
I think they all should have played more this year but if they were best 22 then they shouldnt have qualified for SANFL finals. Obviously Hinkley's poor selections caused this.

bringbackbucky

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Drew in for Wines and Garner should be replacing Broadbent. All four should be in our round one side.
Drew for Rockliff, Garner for Broady, Ladhams for Ryder, McKenzie for Jonas (based on recent form anyway). S Gray's replacement not as obvious IMO. Would love Tobin Cox to make it. Or for Mots to have a resurgence. Need to get Howard back into the side at CHB as well.

SureBuddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Don’t quite get all the love for Drew. He’s still not there yet to be a consistent best 22. He is in no way close to Rocky yet. He needs a big preseason to build some size and strength.

Feb 4, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Drew for Rockliff, Garner for Broady, Ladhams for Ryder, McKenzie for Jonas (based on recent form anyway). S Gray's replacement not as obvious IMO. Would love Tobin Cox to make it. Or for Mots to have a resurgence. Need to get Howard back into the side at CHB as well.
I Realise coming back from knee reco but Jake Patmore could surprise as well?

FutureShock

Team Captain
May 13, 2019
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Don’t quite get all the love for Drew. He’s still not there yet to be a consistent best 22. He is in no way close to Rocky yet. He needs a big preseason to build some size and strength.
Agreed, also he's very fumbly in close and most of his disposals are scrappy. No left foot either (not that he's alone there).

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think they all should have played more this year but if they were best 22 then they shouldnt have qualified for SANFL finals. Obviously Hinkley's poor selections caused this.
Aaaah, but that was all part of Hinkley's grand master-plan!

Just call me Janus!

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Restricted free agents: Nil
Unrestricted free agents: Matthew Broadbent, Trent McKenzie, Jack Trengove, Justin Westhoff, Cam Hewett (rookie), Cam Sutcliffe (rookie)

State of play: Westhoff is almost certain to play a 14th season at the Power and sign a one-year extension for 2020. Broadbent's future is up in the air. The 29-year-old running defender is yet to be offered a new contract. Played the last five games of the season after taking a break to deal with mental health issues. McKenzie may have earned himself another deal on the back of strong SANFL form in the past couple months. Sutcliffe is a strong chance to be retained after playing a variety of roles since being picked up in the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft, while Trengove and Hewett are likely to be delisted. - Lee Gaskin

Relativity

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port
Restricted free agents: Nil
Unrestricted free agents: Matthew Broadbent, Trent McKenzie, Jack Trengove, Justin Westhoff, Cam Hewett (rookie), Cam Sutcliffe (rookie)

State of play: Westhoff is almost certain to play a 14th season at the Power and sign a one-year extension for 2020. Broadbent's future is up in the air. The 29-year-old running defender is yet to be offered a new contract. Played the last five games of the season after taking a break to deal with mental health issues. McKenzie may have earned himself another deal on the back of strong SANFL form in the past couple months. Sutcliffe is a strong chance to be retained after playing a variety of roles since being picked up in the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft, while Trengove and Hewett are likely to be delisted. - Lee Gaskin

Four of the 6 listed "Unrestricted free agents" aren't Unrestricted free agents. How does the AFL employ people so devoid of any football knowledge?

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Technically, they aren't out of contract but coming out of contract. Also it distinguishes them from other players who are coming out of contract. So, Sam Gray and Tobin Cox are players coming out of contract. Sutcliffe, McKenzie, Hewett and Trengove have all been previously de-listed so they can go to another club as an unrestricted free agent if they want.

bringbackbucky

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Surely he'd be told he's a development player now - mostly in the Maggies, otherwise we are just holding up development of players...
Have never understood the Westhoff bashers. Still in the first dozen picked for me. Age is just a number. He could play Tuck like numbers if he has the want...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back