List Mgmt. Player List Management 2019-20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The parallel universe where Salopek doesn’t slide and Jay Schulz ends up at Alberton from the off would’ve been a helluva ride.

In all likelihood he probably rots in the SANFL, and combined with his well-documented youthful unprofessionalism, finds himself chewed up and spat out like Guerra before him, but gee whiz.

Let’s say Tredders takes him under his wing and he becomes the hungry pro determined not to waste his talent he ultimately became in reality.

A springheeled deadeyed d¡ck Jay Schulz out of the square with prime-Tredders dominating further afield?

Goodness me.

I was thinking of the other timeline where we actually convinced Pavlich to come back to SA and play with us. Tredrea + Pav would have been a truly sploosh-worthy forward line.

I was thinking of the other timeline where we actually convinced Pavlich to come back to SA and play with us. Tredrea + Pav would have been a truly sploosh-worthy forward line.
we couldve drafted pav instead of adam morgan

I forgot to look at the 1999 draft. I had forgotten he was available then. I only looked at 2000.

The post-script of him being the CEO’s nephew, who just assumed we’d take him, and being somewhat shocked when told we went a different way.

You couldn’t make it up.

Kpp 194cms or over and under 28 on our list

Marshall
Grundy (rookie)
Lienert (rookie) also doesn’t play like a kpp

You're missing Clurey (only 25) but gee, doesn't that fill you with confidence going forward.

Lienert doesn't play like a KPP because he isn't a KPP, he's a tall flanker/winger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're missing Clurey (only 25) but gee, doesn't that fill you with confidence going forward.

Lienert doesn't play like a KPP because he isn't a KPP, he's a tall flanker/winger.

Clurey 193cms

Why is everyone listing Grundy as a rookie? We took him in the main draft with Woodcock didn’t we?

Ah forgot.

Might as well be.
He ain’t playing anytime soon and while he has some physical attributes he is a long shot

I forgot to look at the 1999 draft. I had forgotten he was available then. I only looked at 2000.

That was the year we burdened our lost with Paul Koulouriotis and this board with koulagirl. Our drafting back then was even worse than now.
It was the 1998 draft. Every club could take one 17 year old. We chose Adam Morgan. They were the days when a player had to turn 18 by 31st March next year, so the 17 year old had to be 17 by 31st December 1998, but turned 18 after 31st March in 1999.

Pav had bad back issues and all 16 clubs said, no its too risky to take him, lets see in 12 months time.

In 1999 draft, Collingwood and Freo had pre Rd 1 priority picks so they got 1+3 and 2+4 respectively. Collingwood took Josh Fraser and Aaron Fiora, Freo Paul Haselby an Pav.

Last edited:
Meanwhile back in 2019 I have no idea who we will target in the draft but there will need to be a young KPP with prospects among the incoming. Our list is now out of balance and even a good young kid isn't going to fix that for 2020. Even if we draft a 196cm 18 year old he is probably not going to be ready for AFL footy for a season or two. If big Charlie Dixon stays fit and gets back to his 2018 form we will get by but if he goes down we will be forced into improvising with the likes of Ladhams, Hayes and Marshall filling key roles up forward. That is provided the Coach thinks Hayes is ready for AFL football.

I cannot help but feel that we need to pull a masterstoke on the final day of trading to get our list back on an even keel. if we cannot do that we need to at least Rookie List a tall forward who can pinch hit up forward. Josh Jenkins springs to mind but like Charlie he has also been injury prone the past few seasons. This is almost deja vu because a few of us were advocating a similar strategy back in 2018 when we went into the season with only one AFL ready ruckman.

It was the 1998 draft. Every club could take one 17 year old. We chose Adam Morgan. They were the days when a player had to turn 18 by 31st March next year, so the 17 year old had to be 17 by 31st December 1998, but turned 18 after 31st March in 1999.

Pav had bad back issues and all 16 clubs said, no its too risky to take him, lets see in 12 months time.
Of course Corey Enright was also available in the same draft as an 17yo, playing senior footy at Kimba

The trajectory though mate. Have you considered the trajectory?

ryff321jtf811.jpg

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back