Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Everyone else to Ken Hinkley right now

1572475432459.gif

Everyone else to Ken Hinkley right now

View attachment 772453

"Ken, we found this old Trent McKenzie behind the radiator. We really think you should delist him."
"I'd like to be alone with Trent McKenzie for a moment."
"Are you going to play him?"
" ... yes."

David Puddy

All Australian
Aug 19, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Everyone bangs on about not being good enough, he has played 80 AFL games in the last 4 years which is a lot more than a lot of the list cloggers on our underachieving list.

He's only played 80 games cause Ken has gifted him 90% of those.

If Sam was playing at a club with any idea whatsoever, he would have been in and out of the system after 10-15 games.

Sam Gray is the definition of list clogger.

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Mitch Harvey at pick #45? Carn. Go on, bring up Ben Brown, but still meh. Impey playing some good footy I would've thought?

Ryder? You mean the All Australian & BnF Ryder ?

Dixon? Hasn't given us what we would've expected, but I'm doing that trade again all day everyday. Runner up BnF. And again, pick #45 AJ ??

Marshall/SPP/Drew & Atley - All have played senior footy, some have played some excellent senior footy, all are 3 year players.
And... Toumpas could be a superstar - if he would just hurry up and finish that run!

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
I just hope those managing our list are reading this draft properly.

If Sam Gray goes that will be seven players gone from the main list with no one traded in and only three picks in the top #65. There is no trial and error in this, will need to pick up three good kids with picks 12,18 and 29 as we have time to cook a BBQ before we get to our next pick at#66. Normally 12,18 and 26 would not be that bad but when you have seven spaces to fill you need to jag a couple of good kids in the fourth round.

Maybe we have eyes for a delisted player or two later in the draft? Or maybe we are planning on a 39 player main list?

This year's trading and Draft has the potential to be an unmitigated disaster. Hopefully it will work out.

On top of this is the prospect of drafting Jackson Mead as a F&S? Anyone have any ideas what he is likely to cost us?

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Everyone bangs on about not being good enough, he has played 80 AFL games in the last 4 years which is a lot more than a lot of the list cloggers on our underachieving list.

And yet after watching those 80 games no other club thought he was worth a draft pick...

Portmagpies36

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He's only played 80 games cause Ken has gifted him 90% of those.

If Sam was playing at a club with any idea whatsoever, he would have been in and out of the system after 10-15 games.

Sam Gray is the definition of list clogger.

A list clogger would be someone who has played sweet bugger all games in the last 4 years, I could name dozens on our lists in the last few years.

Leaveit2charlie

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I just hope those managing our list are reading this draft properly.

If Sam Gray goes that will be seven players gone from the main list with no one traded in and only three picks in the top #65. There is no trial and error in this, will need to pick up three good kids with picks 12,18 and 29 as we have time to cook a BBQ before we get to our next pick at#66. Normally 12,18 and 26 would not be that bad but when you have seven spaces to fill you need to jag a couple of good kids in the fourth round.

Maybe we have eyes for a delisted player or two later in the draft? Or maybe we are planning on a 39 player main list?

This year's trading and Draft has the potential to be an unmitigated disaster. Hopefully it will work out.

On top of this is the prospect of drafting Jackson Mead as a F&S? Anyone have any ideas what he is likely to cost us?

30 something.

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
If I've got it right...(if not please correct)....

Today we have 38 listed players- 36 main list (I've included Sutcliffe), 1 rookie (Cox), 1 category B rookie (Fredericks)

That means 4 selections for the Main list- #12, #18, Mead (F/S), and either #29 or #60+ (depending on where we get Mead.

It means 2 live rookie selections and Trent Burgoyne (F/S) if he doesn't go in the ND or PSD. We can't add another Category B rookie (such as Fredericks' twin brother who was BOG in the U18 SANFL GF) because we didn't nominate him at the start of the year. We could, however, sign up to 2 more Category B rookies from overseas, if we can find them.

Is this right?

And yet after watching those 80 games no other club thought he was worth a draft pick...
someone can pick him up for * all now and he'll instantly be a more clever player than most on their list

Sleezy

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If I've got it right...(if not please correct)....

Today we have 38 listed players- 36 main list (I've included Sutcliffe), 1 rookie (Cox), 1 category B rookie (Fredericks)

That means 4 selections for the Main list- #12, #18, Mead (F/S), and either #29 or #60+ (depending on where we get Mead.

It means 2 live rookie selections and Trent Burgoyne (F/S) if he doesn't go in the ND or PSD. We can't add another Category B rookie (such as Fredericks' twin brother who was BOG in the U18 SANFL GF) because we didn't nominate him at the start of the year. We could, however, sign up to 2 more Category B rookies from overseas, if we can find them.

Is this right?
Sutcliffe has signed a rookie contract.

So we have:
- 35 main list
- 2 rookie list Cat A
- 1 rookie list Cat B

Leaving:
- 5 live main draft selections (pending DFA signings)
- 2 live rookie draft selections

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Sutcliffe has signed a rookie contract.

So we have:
- 35 main list
- 2 rookie list Cat A
- 1 rookie list Cat B

Leaving:
- 5 live main draft selections (pending DFA signings)
- 2 live rookie draft selections

As far as I can find Cam Sutcliffe has not yet been offered a contract on the main list so you are right he is probably a Rookie unless the Club renegotiates a contract. Prior to the SANFL final against Glenelg there was a press report that Port had the option of offering Sutcliffe a spot on the main list in 2020 but that negotiations were on hold until after the SANFL finals.

We have traded or delisted six players, namely Ryder, Frampton, Howard, Trengove, Johnson, S Gray and Broadbent has retired.
We have promoted two Rookies in Ladhams and Lienert. This leaves five spots on the main list with Cam Sutcliffe a Rookie.

If this is the case we have five spots to fill if we want a full list. There is of course the option that we will go into 2020 with one player less on our main list and a full Rookie list with the possibility of up grading a player during the season.

The interesting thing is that if Cam Sutcliffe is now on an AFL list he should no longer be the leadership player on the Magpies list which means we should be able to claim another player to fill that spot. If that is the case players like Trengove or Broadbent would have to be prime candidates for a Magpie leadership role.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back