List Mgmt. Player List Management 2020-21

I think this thread needs to be changed to 2019-20-21 or closed and a new 2021 Player List Management thread started. Ford Fairlane.

Julia#13

Team Captain
Aug 24, 2011
District 12
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It says in today's paper that Motlop is signed to 2022. Terrible decision if true. Next year should absolutely be his last or he can enjoy the maroon for the next 2 years.

Out of contract 2021

Rockliff - retire
Gray - retire
Hartlett - 1 yr extension with triggers for 2nd year
Georgiades/Williams/Bergman/Mead - 3 year extension
Hayes- 2 years
Garner - 1 year or delist
Bonner- traded
Mayes - delist
Burgoyne - 1 year or delist

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
8 gone:

Justin Westhoff key forward 33

Riley Grundy defender 20

Joe Atley midfielder 21

Wylie Buzza Key Forward 24

Tobin Cox small forward 21

Jack Watts defender 29

Brad Ebert forward 30

Cam Sutcliffe defender 28

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
8 gone:

Justin Westhoff key forward 33

Riley Grundy defender 20

Joe Atley midfielder 21

Wylie Buzza Key Forward 24

Tobin Cox small forward 21

Jack Watts defender 29

Brad Ebert forward 30

Cam Sutcliffe defender 28
And question marks over Patmore & Fredrick.

Seeya, Cam, and thank you.

Somewhat unfairly maligned for being selected too many times when clearly not a first 22 player. Ken was wrong. You did what you could as a depth player and the time is right to move on.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Sleezy

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So, 33 on the main list. 3 rookies + 1 cat B. 36 total + Cat B.

Based on the rumours of 38 to 40 + 2 to 4 rookies for a total list size of 42 + cat B rookies, I wonder what we have planned?

6 list spots to fill with trade and draft. Zakk Wylde can I get a paulnewmannosetap.gif?

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Glass half empty thinking - when we kick badly its poor play and as far as I'm concerned if the Hartlett free kick not happen we would have defended the 1 point win. Our mids did get carved in the 2nd half but we carved them in the first half. We are good enough to win the premiership but wasn't to be.
Hartlett’s knock-on to the line was the stupidest and cowardly act I’ve seen for a time. He had options to pick the ball up and take on the Richmond player near the line and then make sure the ball went out of bounds or he could have turned to his left to see the two Port players for a simple hand pass or a shepherd. Even a kick into the body of that Richmond player would have ensured a legal out of bounds. I know it was tight in there but there were other options.
I guess his exit interview this week will remind him of his mistake and he may even leave the meeting with suggestions that he may want to contact his manager to test the waters out there. When I started to read some “fluff” piece about his bloody tattoos before the game I knew Hammer would put in a “blinder”.
Add Hammers name to the list of Chad & Dougal.

Last edited:

SureBuddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Hartlett’s knock-on to the line was the stupidest and cowardly act I’ve seen for a time. He had options to pick up the ball and take on the Richmond player near the line and then make sure the ball went out of bounds or he could have turned to his left to see the two Port players for a simple hand pass or a shepherd. Even a kick into the body of that Richmond player would have ensured a legal out of bounds.
I guess his exit interview this week will remind him of his mistake and he may even leave the meeting with suggestions that he may want to contact his manager to test the waters out there. When I started to read some “fluff” piece about his tattoos before the game I knew Hammer would put in a “blinder”.
What the actual FK? Harlett has been immense for us all year. Yes he didn't have the best Prelim, but his Qualifying final was very very good. He is also a big part of our leadership team. One brain fade causing a deliberate out of bounds is not going to result in him being shipped off. Jesus.

jakey

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Hartlett’s knock-on to the line was the stupidest and cowardly act I’ve seen for a time. He had options to pick the ball up and take on the Richmond player near the line and then make sure the ball went out of bounds or he could have turned to his left to see the two Port players for a simple hand pass or a shepherd. Even a kick into the body of that Richmond player would have ensured a legal out of bounds. I know it was tight in there but there other options.
I guess his exit interview this week will remind him of his mistake and he may even leave the meeting with suggestions that he may want to contact his manager to test the waters out there. When I started to read some “fluff” piece about his tattoos before the game I knew Hammer would put in a “blinder”.
This is just an unbelievably s**t call. Hammer has been huge this season and was a huge factor in the Geelong win. And that deliberate out of bounds was a questionable decision at best.

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What the actual FK? Harlett has been immense for us all year. Yes he didn't have the best Prelim, but his Qualifying final was very very good. He is also a big part of our leadership team. One brain fade causing a deliberate out of bounds is not going to result in him being shipped off. Jesus.
Granted about previous games but this was a do or die final with approximately 5 minutes to go and Hammer did one of the most unforgivable sins that a Port Adelaide Footballer could do - squib a possible body clash and go for the easy way out.
For christ’s sake we have 2nd year draftees who show more guts than Hartlett showed.
Fos, and I would suggest some older Port players, would have had Hammer’s locker contents dumped in the players car park on Saturday morning for that little effort. Remember what Hammer did was not the Port Adelaide way - as I said before completely unforgivable.

Apr 3, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Brooklyn Nets
Hartlett’s knock-on to the line was the stupidest and cowardly act I’ve seen for a time. He had options to pick the ball up and take on the Richmond player near the line and then make sure the ball went out of bounds or he could have turned to his left to see the two Port players for a simple hand pass or a shepherd. Even a kick into the body of that Richmond player would have ensured a legal out of bounds. I know it was tight in there but there were other options.
Lel

Back