List Mgmt. Player List Management 2020-21

Remove this Banner Ad

Granted about previous games but this was a do or die final with approximately 5 minutes to go and Hammer did one of the most unforgivable sins that a Port Adelaide Footballer could do - squib a possible body clash and go for the easy way out.
For christ’s sake we have 2nd year draftees who show more guts than Hartlett showed.
Fos, and I would suggest some older Port players, would have had Hammer’s locker contents dumped in the players car park on Saturday morning for that little effort. Remember what Hammer did was not the Port Adelaide way - as I said before completely unforgivable.
A bit severe, but it was not good.🔨

I love Hammer and he has had a great year but it cannot be ignored that he is part of a senior group of players who have repeatedly let us down in the big moments.

Given the context of the game, it was deliberate and his kick inside 50 after the 50m penalty was just horrific.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The aggregation of his work this season, including, I will emphasise, the QF (which had repeated very big moments featuring contested marks and get out of jail moments from hammer) is excellent. But we're gonna tell him in the exit interview to get on his bike cos he shanked an i50 in the prelim?

Granted about previous games but this was a do or die final with approximately 5 minutes to go and Hammer did one of the most unforgivable sins that a Port Adelaide Footballer could do - squib a possible body clash and go for the easy way out.
For christ’s sake we have 2nd year draftees who show more guts than Hartlett showed.
Fos, and I would suggest some older Port players, would have had Hammer’s locker contents dumped in the players car park on Saturday morning for that little effort. Remember what Hammer did was not the Port Adelaide way - as I said before completely unforgivable.

Yes, he could have carried it over but to state Hartlett was squibbing is ridiculous.
Just a poorly disguised and executed intentional hit out of bounds.

The aggregation of his work this season, including, I will emphasise, the QF (which had repeated very big moments featuring contested marks and get out of jail moments from hammer) is excellent. But we're gonna tell him in the exit interview to get on his bike cos he shanked an i50 in the prelim?
Personally I wouldn't tell him to get on his bike but if the club decided 1 or 2 of those senior guys need to go so we can try and find players who perform in big moments I wouldnt cry about it.

I remember Malthouses comments about Leon Davis after rhe failed repeatedly in finals and he was spot on.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

You know the opposite of a squib? That's Hammer.

I think what has really hampered him mostly is that he has been required to play so many different roles regularly with the swans that he has never really settled into a key defensive post. Regularly he seems to move from a defender to ruck to a forward depending on what the swans need at the time and to his detriment. Would be very keen to get him onboard if were able too and think he will quickly become a valuable member of our defensive unit as that tall intercepting and rebounding defender who is also decent one on one

I wonder if his performances were better when Sydney were well stocked with ruckman.

Talk of ditching Hartlett is terrible

He had a great season. One of our most best and most reliable defenders along with DBJ and Jonas. Had an average PF with a couple of bad clangers but he wasnt the lone ranger in that department

DBJ had a stinker in the PF as well.. we turfing him out too?

Far out

You know the opposite of a squib? That's Hammer.
Yep. I definitely wouldn't call him a squib, like all our senior guys he has been hard as nails and given his all.

The only question on all of them is their composure and ability to execute in big games.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

I love Hammer and he has had a great year but it cannot be ignored that he is part of a senior group of players who have repeatedly let us down in the big moments.

Given the context of the game, it was deliberate and his kick inside 50 after the 50m penalty was just horrific.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rushed kick due to the free earlier which likely messed with his mind. But then again, being at 30 years old and a senior player, the one thing that you have going for you is composure and he (along with other senior players that night) showed zero.

Hartlett’s knock-on to the line was the stupidest and cowardly act I’ve seen for a time. He had options to pick the ball up and take on the Richmond player near the line and then make sure the ball went out of bounds or he could have turned to his left to see the two Port players for a simple hand pass or a shepherd. Even a kick into the body of that Richmond player would have ensured a legal out of bounds. I know it was tight in there but there were other options.
I guess his exit interview this week will remind him of his mistake and he may even leave the meeting with suggestions that he may want to contact his manager to test the waters out there. When I started to read some “fluff” piece about his tattoos before the game I knew Hammer would put in a “blinder”.
Add Hammers name to the list of Chad & Dougal.
Players aren't robots. They can't be perfect all the time. Sure they'd do it differently in hindsight.

Club trade Polec and Wingard for bad acts in finals- just saying

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The club didn't match an offer for polec because we quite rightly didn't rate him the way north did. Wingard was traded rightly or wrongly for perceived attitude issues. Neither of these is similar to Hammer's situation.

The club didn't match an offer for polec because we quite rightly didn't rate him the way north did. Wingard was traded rightly or wrongly for perceived attitude issues. Neither of these is similar to Hammer's situation.
Obviously you missed the 2017 QF - our President didn’t and I guess he had a bit of say

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously you missed the 2017 QF - our President didn’t and I guess he had a bit of say
The 2017 QF was just another data point in the decision making process on those 2 players.

And if our president is making list decisions then we are truly ****ed.

The only question on all of them is their composure and ability to execute in big games.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Been a long term issue with us.
Not sure how you overcome that either.

But it's killed our chances on a number of occasions.

Keep trying different things I suppose until something works.

Transitioning old guys out of the squad probably looks something like this;

October 2020
Westhoff 34 years even
Ebert... 30 years and 6 months

October 2021
Gray... 33 years and 6 months
Hartlett 31 years and 2 months
Rockliff 31 years and 7 months

October 2022
Boak.. 34 years and 2 months
Motlop 31 years and 7 months
Mckenzie 30 years and 6 months

October 2023
Dixon 33 years even
Lycett 31 years even
Jonas 32 years and 7 months

Hartlett’s knock-on to the line was the stupidest and cowardly act I’ve seen for a time. He had options to pick the ball up and take on the Richmond player near the line and then make sure the ball went out of bounds or he could have turned to his left to see the two Port players for a simple hand pass or a shepherd. Even a kick into the body of that Richmond player would have ensured a legal out of bounds. I know it was tight in there but there were other options.
I guess his exit interview this week will remind him of his mistake and he may even leave the meeting with suggestions that he may want to contact his manager to test the waters out there. When I started to read some “fluff” piece about his bloody tattoos before the game I knew Hammer would put in a “blinder”.
Add Hammers name to the list of Chad & Dougal.

I wanted to retire Hartlett at the end of the prelim but it was just a reflection of how cooked the team was having to constantly defend because we were killed in the clearances. Point is, Hartlett's end of game brainfades were due more to exhaustion than anything else.

Squib a contest? Don’t think Hammers ever done that and the decision to not take the possession was football IQ, execution was poor, which opened the door for a questionable decision

October 2021
October 2022

I hope to * we win a flag for these 2 especially..
😭😭

I hope to fu** we win a flag for these 2 especially..
😭😭

I wish we'd won one for Brad. His sacrificing himself for that spoil deserved it.

October 2020
Westhoff 34 years even
Ebert... 30 years and 6 months

October 2021
Hartlett 31 years and 2 months
Rockliff 31 years and 7 months

October 2022
Motlop 31 years and 7 months
Mckenzie 30 years and 6 months

October 2023
Dixon 33 years even
Lycett 31 years even
Jonas 32 years and 7 months
Thats a lot of core talent leaving the side in quick succession. We will need a better plan than just using the draft to replace them.

Midfield will have a big hole that Rozee & Butters cant fill alone. We dont have a Dixon replacement in the system yet and anyone we get will take 4+ years to develop. Marshall and Georgiades are great but they arent Dixon.

Thats a lot of core talent leaving the side in quick succession. We will need a better plan than just using the draft to replace them.

Midfield will have a big hole that Rozee & Butters cant fill alone. We dont have a Dixon replacement in the system yet and anyone we get will take 4+ years to develop. Marshall and Georgiades are great but they arent Dixon.
Dixon isn’t Dixon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back