List Mgmt. Player List Management 2020-21

MrChow

Club Legend
Jun 24, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In Rucci’s season review there is mention that Mitch Georgiades long term prospects might be extended to the midfield.’

Has he got the Bontempelli potential? Same height?

Would be awesome if he became a gun mid/forward. Not sure if he has got this though - but can you imagine a midfield of Rozee, Butters, SPP, Georgiades and Duursma...

Is this just A Rucci comment, or is their some insight into this...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In Rucci’s season review there is mention that Mitch Georgiades long term prospects might be extended to the midfield.’

Would be awesome if he became a gun mid/forward. Not sure if he has got this though - but can you imagine a midfield of Rozee, Butters, SPP, Georgiades and Duursma...

This is where the talk comes from - his old head coach at Subiaco, even though he only played U/18's at Subi in 2018 and 2019 didn't play at all. From May this year.

Port Adelaide assistant coach Jarrad Schofield has revealed his role in the drafting of West Australian young gun Mitch Georgiades and boldly declared he could turn into a Nathan Fyfe-type midfielder. Admitting the Power took a first-round draft “gamble’’ on the teenage forward who did not play a game last year because of three surgeries on a serious quad injury, midfield mentor Schofield coached Georgiades at WAFL club Subiaco and told Port he had similar traits to dual Fremantle Brownlow Medallist Fyfe.

“I had my input and said he’s got the potential to turn into what I believe is a big-bodied midfielder.

“I think I might have even thrown out the name Nat Fyfe, that Mitch could end up being like him, the type of player who started as a forward and then ventured into the midfield in the future.’’

Fyfe was drafted by the Dockers as a key forward at pick 20 at the 2009 national draft from WAFL club Claremont before developing into arguably the AFL’s best midfielder.

The 28-year-old stands at 191cm and 93kg.

Georgiades, just 18, is already 192cm and 89kg and an athletic beast who thrilled the Port coaching staff with his standout pre-season and two-goal, 11-disposal performance against Gold Coast in round one.

In 2009 Peter Rhode went and watched Nat Fyfe play and I think the recruiting team have been haunted by missing out on him ever since. Rohde said the following in a long interview with Andrew Capel on the eve of finishing up with the club at Christmas 2014.

AC: The one who got away?

PR: We watched Nat Fyfe play at the national under-18 championships in 2009 as a third tall forward for WA and he was okay but we didn’t have him rated that highly.

Then before one of Port’s games in Perth we watched him play in an under-18 game for Claremont and he put on a clinic, kicking eight goals, having about 40 possessions and taking hangers in the forward line.

I sent (then recruiting manager) Blair Hartley a text saying we’ve just seen the next Royce Hart. His team missed the finals and we didn’t get a chance to see him play again but we really liked him and interviewed him before the draft.

We had three picks that year — 8 (John Butcher), 9 (Andrew Moore) and 16 (Jasper Pittard) — and we overlooked Nat because we just hadn’t seen enough good games from him and at his height (190cm) we didn’t think he could be a dominant key forward.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

From memory think MG under age coach suggested he is a potential Fyfe type midfielder...pace , tank, Arial ability etc

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
I'm still a big believer in Bonner4Wing

His only errors are the odd miss kick and defensive brain farts. Both things that aren't as bad further up the ground, could Amon go half back?

portly

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2001
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
People are so harsh on Bonner to the point of ridiculousness
True.

But how do you think he would have gone in the prelim. Rainy and no room to move. Not a game for outsiders.

So I don't see him in a premiership team for us.

Not that I want to lose him - people change if they are smart enough or well coached.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 16, 2009
Dubai
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United Portland Timbers

Once Sam Gray left people moved onto the next scapegoat on the list....

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

But is Bonner interested in moving?

If he's smart he will be. He's already not in our best 22, and the arrivals of Lachie Jones/potentially Aliir Aliir are only going to push him further back. He'd be a walk up at a club like Essendon with no Saad or McKenna.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Here we are less than two weeks out from trade week and the AFL and AFLPA have yet to reach agreement on player salaries and list sizes for 2021. I have just read an article where it was stated that clubs went into exit interviews and reviews not knowing how big their list sizes would be in 2021 and how it would affect salary cap. Maybe there is more recent news on the subject?

The eventual list size will not only affect the Power's playing strength but will have repercussions at SANFL level. The issue needs to be resolved quickly so we can start arguing the toss with the SANFL, and I have a feeling there will be an argument.

Last edited:

HinkleysHeroes

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
They also forget that Burton cannot stay on the park and Bonner is our fall back guy. I'm not a Bonner the defender fan but he isn't the most horrible player I've seen run back there for us.

Visenfest

Chasing stability
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Get so sick of the cries of bullying and 'clique' every time a player is criticised for significant flaws in their game. Now is the right time to trade Bonner - he has currency based on perceived potential to fix the flaws in his game. We also have a decent amount of HBFs coming through to replace him.

They also forget that Burton cannot stay on the park and Bonner is our fall back guy. I'm not a Bonner the defender fan but he isn't the most horrible player I've seen run back there for us.

There's a guy called Lienert who is a more than adequate backup.

I agree with JimmyBC. One of the big reasons for our improved consistency and rise up the ladder has been getting rid of the flaky, inconsistent, tease type players - Howard, Pittard, Polec, etc. One week these guys are BOG, the next they cough up 4 goals directly from their own mistakes. You don't win flags with too many of these guys. Bonner is in that category.

Back