List Mgmt. Player List Management 2020-21

It sounded like CD was hopeful Patmore would stay and play for the Magpies. Could be a lifeline in the offing.

His chances would be slim to none of being picked up as a DFA with no exposed form and a knee reco in the past.

If the mid-season draft comes back, he should consider doing this.

Reckon another club will pick him up?

Potentially. Noone would have seen him play for 2 years so would make it hard. Thought he was worth persisting with

Think we could of done that without delisting him ?

No you can't shift a main list player to the rookie list. Has to be delisted and then rookie listed. Doubt anyone would cut our lunch if that is the plan.

Normally in the situation where a club delists a player with the intention of re-drafting them as a rookie, the club would foreshadow this when they announce the delisting. IIRC, we did this with Grundy and Woodcock last year. Don't think we'll be re-drafting Patmore.

Edit: Snap Willsy10!

Patmore will go back to the WAFL, and if he turns into a star player, Steven Wells will draft him when he is about 24.

Turksta84

Senior List
Jul 15, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jackson Trengove and Oscar Mcdonald have both been delisted.

Hopefully Port look at grabbing 1 of these. Trengove as a delisted free agent would be great back up if any injuries to our key defenders and also gives the Port Maggies great leadership.

Oscar for very similar reasons. Is a good 1 on 1 defender but doesnt give much offensively. Would be great depth and maybe get him a rookie spot

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oscar McDonald is garbage and Jacko is unfortunately cooked and won't want to leave Vic anyway.

After signing Aliir we already have one more AFL ready KPD than we had last year, we don't need two, especially if the second one is a spud like Oscar McDonald.

I reckon we're going to have enough trouble fitting emerging potential guns such as Jones, Williams, Bergman, Mead and Georgiades into our team as is without clogging things up with C grade cast offs from other clubs.

I reckon take Jones and Schofield and move on.

I reckon we're going to have enough trouble fitting emerging potential guns such as Jones, Williams, Bergman, Mead and Georgiades into our team as is without clogging things up with C grade cast offs from other clubs.

I reckon take Jones and Schofield and move on.

I think we could probably afford another centre square mid like Narkle or Constable. Definitely don't need any more flankers at either end of the ground though.

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think we could probably afford another centre square mid like Narkle or Constable. Definitely don't need any more flankers at either end of the ground though.
We would need Geelong to do a bit more pruning (delisting) for that to happen, wouldn’t we?

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We would need Geelong to do a bit more pruning (delisting) for that to happen, wouldn’t we?
Narkle is uncontacted so can basically delist himself if we offered him a contract.
Constable still has a yr to run on his contract.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
The maximum list size for next year have been reduced from 47 to 44 which includes the ability to list up to two Category B rookies.

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up by as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four-to-six Category A rookies and two Category B rookies

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So list sizes have gone from 44 plus 3 to 42 plus two category b. We only have one cat b player so that doesn't really matter. So we can get Jones, Taj and 3 other players. I'd given up on dfa's but now I'm waiting for some interesting delistings. I suppose we could leave a spot open but doubt it.

Jackson Trengove and Oscar Mcdonald have both been delisted.

Hopefully Port look at grabbing 1 of these. Trengove as a delisted free agent would be great back up if any injuries to our key defenders and also gives the Port Maggies great leadership.

Oscar for very similar reasons. Is a good 1 on 1 defender but doesnt give much offensively. Would be great depth and maybe get him a rookie spot

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Recruiting Oscar McDonald is a genuine 'dump a load of manure out the front of Alberton' move.

Back