Opinion Player list management and game plan 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This talk of targeting Markov could be very astute of ports. SA boy, came late to the game, still developing, crazy elite athletic traits. Can't get a game this year but I recall some pretty impressive highlights in his debut year. Could be just what the rule changes favour. Think Daniel Flynn second time lucky. Backstop for Polec and Motlop. Alternative for Amon.

And if all else fails, at least we'll corner the son of ex-polevault champions market

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Can this Marcov bloke kick ? Need elite ball users. No more s**t disposal players.

Yep Lycett just got a whole lot more expensive. Need to blood Frampton too se what he offers if he can’t step up in Ryder’s absence maybe we look at Roughead.

We need to go hard at a 1st ruck for next year. Can't trust Paddy's body anymore. He should be back up only next year and finish his career in the forward 50...

I have no idea who is out there and gettable though (I assume Lycett is now off the table).

Is our 'untouchables' list as small as it has ever been?

Wines, Wingard, Jonas, Marshall. Outside of those 4 I would trade anyone on our list for the right price...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wines, Wingard, Jonas, Marshall. Outside of those 4 I would trade anyone on our list for the right price...
We can't lose Powell-Pepper, Robbie Gray, Hoff and Ryder.

Trading players is marginal gains. We’ve brought in Ryder, Dixon, Watts, Rockliff, Motlop, Thomas and there are times were we still go goalless for big parts of our game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So West Coast have already signed ruckman Vardy earlier this year until the end of 2020 and Lycett remains unsigned and a restricted free agent.
I rate Lycett in the top 10 rucks in the league and at only 25 he has probably 6 years left.
We must sign the boy, I dont see how West Coast can retain all of Gaff, Lycett and McGovern

So West Coast have already signed ruckman Vardy earlier this year until the end of 2020 and Lycett remains unsigned and a restricted free agent.
I rate Lycett in the top 10 rucks in the league and at only 25 he has probably 6 years left.
We must sign the boy, I dont see how West Coast can retain all of Gaff, Lycett and McGovern

With Natanui going down Lycett has become a lot more expensive and a lot more valuable to West Coast, no way can they afford not having him next year now.

Last edited:
Why? Cause he was a Magpie???

He's never proven he can handle first Ruck.
are you serious ??
Good kick at goal. Strong hands. Excellent tap ruck. Did you see the Collingwood game Sunday, mate he is quality

We need to go hard at a 1st ruck for next year. Can't trust Paddy's body anymore. He should be back up only next year and finish his career in the forward 50...

I have no idea who is out there and gettable though (I assume Lycett is now off the table).

Agreed. We need a new 1st ruck with paddy playing majority forward when he isn't injured. Paddy can ruck when its in the forward 50 and when the new no.1 goes to the bench.

New ruck comes in for either marshall, hoff or watts spot. Keep those three fighting each other over 2 spots.

Would like to target Preuss. Only 23 and can be our number 1 ruck for 5-10 years. Currently cant get a game for North. Will probably take hayes 4-5 years to be AFL ready. So would work well.

Atley and pick 30-35 for Preuss would be good deal for both sides.

Jacobs, Martin, Kreuzer, Grundy, Bellchambers, Sandilands, McEvoy, Gawn, Goldstein, Ryder, Nankervis, Sinclair, Naitanui. That's 13 rucks who are clearly better than Lycett. I'd probably take Witts and Lobb over him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back