Universal Love Player Numbers – 2024 update (sponsored by Tulip)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if we draft Darcy Parish he'll be happy to take #13 - likened himself to Daisy Thomas and that was his Collingwood number.
Mother-of-god-template.jpg

Oliver has to be #13... surely. Jordie would want it that way..
Weideman #26.
King #40.
Hulett #38.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver looks too much like McKenzie to give him the 13 IMHO.

Weideman - 13
Oliver - 26
Hulett - 34
King - 49

I agree regarding Oliver and 13, let's let the sub par ginger legacy in 13 die with Jordie please. Would probably prefer to not have our fix pick in the same number as our last first pick who did his knee in it tho

13 has to be Weideman, just seems like a forwards number because of Tex, 26 to Oliver, King in 40 and Hutlett into 38.

Good decision to stick him next to Tom McDonald in the dressing room, is a great example for any young player coming through the club. Especially a young tall.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-12-01/guernsey-numbers-announced-for-2016

Changes and New numbers

5 – Christian Petracca (has switched jumper numbers from No.26 to No.5)'
13 – Clayton Oliver (new player)
18 – Jake Melksham (new player)
22 – Viv Michie (regains No.22 after being redrafted)
26 – Sam Weideman (new player)
27 – Liam Hulett (new player)
32 – Tomas Bugg (new player)
33 – Jake Spencer (has switched jumper numbers from No.42 to No.33)
34 – Mitch King (new player)
35 – Ben Kennedy (new player)
42 – Josh Wagner (new player)
44 – Joel Smith (new player)

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-12-01/guernsey-numbers-announced-for-2016

Changes and New numbers

5 – Christian Petracca (has switched jumper numbers from No.26 to No.5)'
13 – Clayton Oliver (new player)
18 – Jake Melksham (new player)
22 – Viv Michie (regains No.22 after being redrafted)
26 – Sam Weideman (new player)
27 – Liam Hulett (new player)
32 – Tomas Bugg (new player)
33 – Jake Spencer (has switched jumper numbers from No.42 to No.33)
34 – Mitch King (new player)
35 – Ben Kennedy (new player)
42 – Josh Wagner (new player)
44 – Joel Smith (new player)

Oliver continuing the Fire Crotch tradition in #13.
and Spencer continuing the fine indigenous tradition in the #33 guernsey ... :confused:

Also i think the club needs to specifically look at drafting a kid with the initials WD to fill the #40 next season ... just for the lols

Curious as to why Spencer opted to change to 33.

Here's hoping he doesn't play a game in it.

It's a really odd decision isn't it ... after like 7 years with the same number, its a peculiar time to make a change ... perhaps he feels its what he needs to take his game to the next level ... which admittedly would still only be from "poor" to "mediocre"

It's a really odd decision isn't it ... after like 7 years with the same number, its a peculiar time to make a change ... perhaps he feels its what he needs to take his game to the next level ... which admittedly would still only be from "poor" to "mediocre"
This is devastating. My playing number is 33. Last thing I want is for Spencer to be wearing it

7 year itch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back