Universal Love Player Numbers – 2024 update (sponsored by Tulip)

1. Steven May
  2. Jacob Van Rooyen
  3. Christian Salem
  4. Judd McVee
  5. Christian Petracca
  6. Caleb Windsor
  7. Jack Viney
  8. Jake Lever
  9. Charlie Spargo
  10. Angus Brayshaw
  11. Max Gawn
  12. Lachie Hunter
  13. Clayton Oliver
  14. Jack Billings
  15. Ed Langdon
  16. Bailey Laurie
  17. Jake Bowey
  18. Jake Melksham
  19. Josh Schache
  20. Adam Tomlinson
  21. Matthew Jefferson
  22. Blake Howes
  23. Shane McAdam
  24. Trent Rivers
  25. Tom McDonald
  26. Jed Adams
  27. Marty Hore
  28. Will Verrall
  29. Joel Smith
  30. Alex Neal-Bullen
  31. Bayley Fritsch
  32. Tom Sparrow
  33. Tom Fullarton

34. Harrison Petty
  35. Kysaiah Pickett
  36. Kade Chandler
  37. Oliver Sestan
  38. Koltyn Tholstrup
  39. Taj Woewodin
  40. Kynan Brown
  41. Daniel Turner
  42. Kyah Farris-White

43. Andy Moniz-Wakefield

44. Ben Brown

Last edited by a moderator:

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sick of the Indigenous profiling...it's just stupid.
He's our best small forward prospect since Davey. Its a meaningful number to the club. But by all means lets give hin 49. Lot of history there.

Indigenous profiling?
He's our best small forward prospect since Davey. Its a meaningful number to the club. But by all means lets give hin 49. Lot of history there.
Lets keep throwing guys the history bone.

Maybe we can get Davey to present him the jumper, and have him wear the blazer.

I don't like this constant 33, 36, 39 for the Indigenous boys, and I'm tired of numbers that either were meaningful half a century ago or were worn by guys who never won a flag being handed out like they mean something.

Time to move forward.

Give him 15 or something.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Nothing wrong with exciting small forwards wearing a jumper we associate with exciting small forwards

Id like to see Jeremy Howe in the 24

Jesse Hogan in the 9

But really, Id like to see some blokes play well and I couldnt give a * what they are wearing

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Have to agree with you Show Some Fight and it's not just handing out numbers to indigenous guys. i was glad when Howe said he wanted to forge his own path with the 38 rather than change it to the 24 because he has similar attributes to Russell Robertson, just because we supporters think they are similar.

Lets keep throwing guys the history bone.

Maybe we can get Davey to present him the jumper, and have him wear the blazer.

I don't like this constant 33, 36, 39 for the Indigenous boys, and I'm tired of numbers that either were meaningful half a century ago or were worn by guys who never won a flag being handed out like they mean something.

Time to move forward.

Give him 15 or something.
If it doesnt matter what number we give players based on history then why even make this thread?

s**t jay kennedy harris got the same number as jurrah guess thats indigenous profiling too

Have to agree with you Show Some Fight and it's not just handing out numbers to indigenous guys. i was glad when Howe said he wanted to forge his own path with the 38 rather than change it to the 24 because he has similar attributes to Russell Robertson, just because we supporters think they are similar.
This.
If it doesnt matter what number we give him based on history then why even make this thread?
To see who gets what number? I'm interested in the politics behind squad numbers personally, not the song and dance though.

This.

To see who gets what number? I'm interested in the politics behind squad numbers personally, not the song and dance though.
Just throw them in a hat and pull them out that way then. Personally I love seeong a player live up to the number they are given. Can you think of anyone better than jones to wear Flower's 2? Players like being given a number that means something to the club. By all means give the new draftees nothing numbers until they earn their stripes but father/son prospects and established players deserve a number that represents what they mean to the club

The best numbers are obscure ones that players turn into their own eg Shuan Rehn's 52. Someone on the MB said supporters should get Velcro numbers with all the player movement to avoid ruined jumpers.

Did you guys see this?

Not sure if he's serious or not, would be strange for Jones to move after so long in the #2

Edit: especially after Flower passed so recently

you've gotta be kidding me

Unless...give 11 to Nath?

Back