Player of the Week/ PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Remove this Banner Ad

dees01

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2000
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Welldone to Travis Johnstone who was voted Melbourne's best player in the sides loss to the Crows on Saturday night. Results are posted below.
Johnstone 29
Yze 17
Bizzell 7.5
Bruce 4.5
Neitz 2

OTHER
3 - The guy Adam sat next to. Went in between beer and bourbon all night. Adam bets 100 bucks he NOW knows that it's not a good idea to mix them two together!!!

-3 - Crows fans. Atrocious!

Now, for the big announcement.
" It is with great pleasure that I announce (We should really have an official dinner for this. Stuff the B&F, this is the award the players want to win!) Adem Yze the winner of the Melbourne Bigfooty Player of the Year for 2002. Also welldone to 2nd placed Travis Johnstone and to the 3rd placegetter, Coleman Medalist David Neitz. "
Official scores are posted below. It will be interesting to see how it compares with the Club Best & Fairest awards.

LEADERBOARD
Yze 191
Johnstone 174
Neitz 168
Woewodin 101.5
White 98
Powell 96.5
Brown 89.5
Bruce 87.5
Bizzell 64.5
Vardy 46
Leoncelli 38
Robertson 37.5
Ward 36.5
Whelan 34
Walsh 31
Green 25
Wheatley 20
Lamb 17
Ellis 15.5
Jolly 15
Schwarz 13.5
McDonald J 12
Nicholson 10.5
Broadbridge 5.5
Armstrong 5
Thompson 3
Godfrey 2
McDonald A 1

Thank you to you all for voting, Hope you enjoyed it and the Bigfooty Player of the Year Award will return bigger and better next year.
(I might try and think of a different voting system over the summer!)

i can see it now Ooze wins the B&F and goes on stage to collect it and make a speech......

i would like to thank my family, my wife and team mates. this award means the so much to me, but i must admit i am still over the moon after i won the Bigfooty player of the year award. You know its one of those things that u dream of as a young kid, and maybe that one day will come. You train all your life in the hope of winning such an award, and the Bigfooty award is certainly up there with the browlow, so i would like to thank all he bigfootyites that made it possible. i luv yas all.

LOL :D :D :D

Originally posted by Dee
i can see it now Ooze wins the B&F and goes on stage to collect it and make a speech......

i would like to thank my family, my wife and team mates. this award means the so much to me, but i must admit i am still over the moon after i won the Bigfooty player of the year award. You know its one of those things that u dream of as a young kid, and maybe that one day will come. You train all your life in the hope of winning such an award, and the Bigfooty award is certainly up there with the browlow, so i would like to thank all he bigfootyites that made it possible. i luv yas all.

LOL :D :D :D
I'm sure if you lot go to the B&F, you will remind him of that!Maybe we should give him something Can anyone think of anything?

Originally posted by dees01

I'm sure if you lot go to the B&F, you will remind him of that!Maybe we should give him something Can anyone think of anything?

hmm thats a good idea? is there a group from here going, or r they just talking about it? maybe a trophy or something that ya can engrave. and thenhe can put it on his cabinet with all his other trophies. hehe :p i know the supporters group over here gives the player they judge BOG a hip flask and engrave it or something, but we need something more prestigious.

Originally posted by Deestroy

I recon a 5,4,3,2,1 system would be good, there are more times we have too many players to fit in than not enough. :cool:
This coming from someone who craked the ***** and refused to vote after a bad loss.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marks out of 10 wouldn't be a bad ploy, but then again, the 5, 4, 3 ,2 ,1 voting system would be good.

Also, I believe that all the votes being mixed around... ie..

Should be outlawed next year. What we make it should stay that way!

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell
Marks out of 10 wouldn't be a bad ploy, but then again, the 5, 4, 3 ,2 ,1 voting system would be good.

Also, I believe that all the votes being mixed around... ie..

Should be outlawed next year. What we make it should stay that way!
I agree, although I did use that a bit this year, a 5,4,3,2,1 system alows for greater flexibility, and is definitely enough range to outlaw the mixing of votes.

Originally posted by Deestroy

I agree, although I did use that a bit this year, a 5,4,3,2,1 system alows for greater flexibility, and is definitely enough range to outlaw the mixing of votes.

true... although sometimes there werent players worthy of getting 2 points or something so the 3,1,1,1 had to be used...

or we could just do it the way the club does for the B&F and give 5 players a score out of 40. that way, if there was only one good player, he could get a much higher score than the others.

just an idea... i dont mind too much - ill go along with what ever happens...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back