List Mgmt. Player Ranking System

Remove this Banner Ad

Other Users: I am a good-for-nothing loser
Response: Don't say that (Like post)

NavyBlueTJ35: I am a good-for-nothing loser
Response: Yes, Yes you are! (Ignore user)

Wasn't sure whether to like or ignore.

Wasn't intended to be game-playing .....trying to make a joke at my own expense.

You're not deluded. You just have your own opinions.

The reviews above are designed to give an indication of performance.

They are examples I am using to demonstrate how a player's yearly performance should be a reflection of their performances across the year, and not how you feel they did.
Liking your work and plan to review after each game. I'm not a stats or math guru but I would suggest two things:

1. Decide if ratings are subjective (weighted in the context of player's experience, position and/or past performance etc) or purely objective and try to stick to it consistently.

2. When analysing numbers, present both mean and median results. The difference between the two numbers could tell us a bit about their consistency.

Liking your work and plan to review after each game. I'm not a stats or math guru but I would suggest two things:

1. Decide if ratings are subjective (weighted in the context of player's experience, position and/or past performance etc) or purely objective and try to stick to it consistently.

2. When analysing numbers, present both mean and median results. The difference between the two numbers could tell us a bit about their consistency.

They will have to be subjective, everything is.

But I am trying to account for impact, which means involvement in scoring chains, winning difficult contests etc. as well as raw statistical output.

Stats should be a guide, but impact (positive and negative) should account for some movement up and down. For example, I have been considering what a 10 point ranking is, and I rather think that can only be determined through a viewing. 40 disposals ought not be enough, indeed I think a superstar could win a game in 30 if they were super good

But I am trying to account for impact, which means involvement in scoring chains, winning difficult contests etc. as well as raw statistical output.

Stats should be a guide, but impact (positive and negative) should account for some movement up and down. For example, I have been considering what a 10 point ranking is, and I rather think that can only be determined through a viewing. 40 disposals ought not be enough, indeed I think a superstar could win a game in 30 if they were super good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cyril Rioli only needs 4 or 5 .....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back