List Mgmt. Player re-signings

Remove this Banner Ad

At this point I think Simpkin, Siposs, White and Pierce are gone from the Senior list, with Pierce being rookied, so that's four.

I've got a sneaky feeling we'll trade someone out, but Marky would have to be nervous.
If you delist those four players as mentioned it would be seem we would be short on tall players on the list. I feel that one of them will survive on the senior list.

If you delist those four players as mentioned it would be seem we would be short on tall players on the list. I feel that one of them will survive on the senior list.
I think we'll sort that out at the trade table.

Agree with most of it, except Minch. Can't see how his Melbourne game ensures another contract. Didn't do much at all.
You and I watched a different and then. Has class and good disposal; the last is something we need more, not less of.

Didn't get enough of the ball to warrant being in the side ahead of Billings or Sinclair whose spot he'd be gunning for.
I didn't say he's best 22 dear, I said he'd stay on the list.

Ahh yes you did. Fair point. Don't disagree there, for depth I see no harm.
Where?

I said he did enough to earn a new contract and that we need classy disposal more, which he has.

No no no, I was agreeing with you.
I see. Carry on then, you're clearly an insightful and attractive person.

Watch this passage of play by Minchington: great mark and bullet pass to Sammy Gilbert (who stuffs up the goal kick out on the full, but that's not Minch's fault). If he can do things like that, he's got a place in our 44.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with most of it, except Minch. Can't see how his Melbourne game ensures another contract. Didn't do much at all.

when I saw the replay I actually thought he was pretty good

Just need him to find more ball
The difficult part for Minch is that he's now regularly on-ball for Sandy and looks like his tank is building. He is probably the premier running mid (not bullocking mid like Cockie) at Sandy.

When he moves up to AFL he's behind Joey, Jack, Armo, Ross, Mav et al...and is pigeon-holed as a small forward.

The difficult part for Minch is that he's now regularly on-ball for Sandy and looks like his tank is building. He is probably the premier running mid (not bullocking mid like Cockie) at Sandy.

When he moves up to AFL he's behind Joey, Jack, Armo, Ross, Mav et al...and is pigeon-holed as a small forward.

And then behind half forwards like Schneider, Billings, Sinclair and Lonie. I think he's a good depth player though.

I really hope we keep Minchington. Depth players are extremely important and he'll be that at the absolute worst IMO. Never know, a spot could open up for him when Billings and Sinclair move into the midfield.

And then behind half forwards like Schneider, Billings, Sinclair and Lonie. I think he's a good depth player though.

None of them are half forwards ( well maybe Schneider) , they are mid's that can play that role. Is Garry Ablett jr a half forward?

Re-signing Shenton now makes me think that they have made up their mind that some of the older players are going.

Markworth, White etc may be going too, but you would imagine that they would give them the second half of the season to show enough to be kept.

Agree with SS - these days you don't have half-forwards, you just have some mids that are lighter, elusive and kick goals. Especially considering the style we're playing; even back in round 5 we were sending Lonie and Sinclair to centre-bounces and even around ball-ups within 30m of our own posts. Minch needs to develop a bit more at AFL level, but I don't see his type of game being an issue.

Joe Baker-Thomas: potentially a rookie contract, but is still a fair way off. Gone.

Sean Dempster: has previously indicated this will be his last year. Borderline.

Sam Fisher: form excellent, body still an issue. Safe if he wants to be.

Sam Gilbert: still useful. Maybe trade bait, but likely to stay on. Safe.

Jason Holmes: has shown plenty at Sandringham. Will be formally listed IMO. Safe as houses.

Dan Markworth: talented but cursed. May be saved by age and the apparent shallowness of the draft. Safe.

Darren Minchington: showed enough against the Dees to earn a new deal. Safe IMO.

Brenton Payne: will be given another year as a rookie. Has talent. Safe.

Lewis Pierce: still very young and has shown a bit, but behind three others. Potentially rookie re-list. Borderline.

Farren Ray: you don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Safe.

Ahmed Saad: will survive comfortably, only question is on which list. Safe.

Adam Schneider: form is solid but has openly said this is his last year. Gone.

Tom Simpkin: made it 30 years too late. Willing, but has been superseded. Gone.

Jack Sinclair: upgrade guaranteed. safer than safe with a safety vest and a cup full of safe sauce. Did I say safe?

Arryn Siposs: has plenty of talent, but injury-prone and apparently lazy. Will he survive? Borderline.

Spencer White: I hope the penny drops, but the jungle drums are beating. Gone.

We're obligated to take 3 picks in the ND (I think), and that's all I think we'll do. A bit will probably depend on whether we trade someone in again.

Thoughts?

A brave man, you float value for Markworth, Pierce, Curren, Murdoch, Minch delist Simpkin, White, Siposs.

Schneids retires, Fish makes way if we're ready to blood Goddard, Demps also makes way if we're planning to keep Wright, but Wright is also floated for value if we're not.

Holmes, is fine, Sinc is fine for rookies.

JBT (1.97m tall), Mob Boss Mountain (Giovanni Mountain-Silbery) are safe as they are NZ scholarship and AFL won't dump them while they're trying for a push if they want to grow the game, either will only be let go if it's amicable for both parties. Barclay Miller (gaiden) is also safe, also being from NZ. Funny how people seem to forget the white bloke out of the three of them generally despite also being 1.95m tall. What I'm getting at is, these three are fine because they're practically giants and kiwi, they'll be given plenty of time to make it work.

And as we know I don't rate Saunders that highly, so for consistencies sake and the sake of bold decisions, look to trade him as well. Across this season and next, wouldn't be surprised at all to see the majority not on out list.

A brave man, you float value for Markworth, Pierce, Curren, Murdoch, Minch delist Simpkin, White, Siposs.

Schneids retires, Fish makes way if we're ready to blood Goddard, Demps also makes way if we're planning to keep Wright, but Wright is also floated for value if we're not.

Holmes, is fine, Sinc is fine for rookies.

JBT (1.97m tall), Mob Boss Mountain (Giovanni Mountain-Silbery) are safe as they are NZ scholarship and AFL won't dump them while they're trying for a push if they want to grow the game, either will only be let go if it's amicable for both parties. Barclay Miller (gaiden) is also safe, also being from NZ. Funny how people seem to forget the white bloke out of the three of them generally despite also being 1.95m tall. What I'm getting at is, these three are fine because they're practically giants and kiwi, they'll be given plenty of time to make it work.

And as we know I don't rate Saunders that highly, so for consistencies sake and the sake of bold decisions, look to trade him as well. Across this season and next, wouldn't be surprised at all to see the majority not on out list.
JBT is 197cm now is he? He's still listed as 193cm...

Problem is he can't stay on the list forever, and he's only playing Dev League. I agree you can't rush them, but you can't wait forever either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back