Remove this Banner Ad

lenny20

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
GAME REVIEW

The single best game Collingwood have played in the Buckley era.

I know that the game last week was against very, very low calibre opposition, but even then you could see something... different. A distinct gameplan. An urgency. A willingness to work hard both ways. Last week was a supremely satisfying win, but tonight was the next level. An insanely satisfying victory over the "best" team in the comp on their home deck.

Okay, let's take a brief moment to qualify the win. Adelaide are dealing with injuries. They're missing the Crouch bros, Eddie got injured, and the Sloane defenders will tell us he's carrying something.

Okay, enough of that. Let's talk about the fact our injury list is longer, that we dealt with some questionable umpiring to get the Crows into the game, and that we looked a cut above than the opposition all night long. Let's talk about the fact that Rd 1, 2016, Brodie Grundy was considered the second-best ruck at Collingwood, and as of tonight, he's head and shoulders the best ruck in the AFL. Let's talk about the fact that Sidey has evolved from a very good player in the 2010-16 seasons to a legitimately elite footballer from the back half of 2017 until now. Let's talk about the fact that for the first time since Daisy and Pendles, we've got an 18 year old who looks ready to tear the competition apart.

Let's talk about Collingwood.

THE TOP FIVE

1. Brodie Grundy
2. (by a hair) Steele Sidebottom
3. Jaiden Stephenson
4. Adam Treloar
5. Take your pick... Pendles, Phillips, Murray, Varcoe, WHE... a solid team performance.

THE BOTTOM FIVE... actually I'm struggling here. The bottom three. And even then, none of them particularly bad.

3. Tom Langdon
2. Brayden Maynard
1. Ben Crocker.

PLAYER REVIEW

Brodie Grundy - I'm trying to pinpoint when he became the best ruck in the comp, because he clearly is now. Was it the game where he kicked the winner against Richmond with four seconds left? He's kicked on to incredible heights. To monster Jacobs, one of the best in the comp, was insane. I counted five clearances where he outbodied Sauce and took the ball from the ruck cleanly and roosted it 40+ metres forward. Those sort of fast clearances are worth their weight in gold. The 30+ disposals are historically impossible for a ruckman, but here we are. The clean hands he displayed defied belief. The goal on the run was the touch of class he brings to put him over the top as the best big man going around. A+++, couldn't commend highly enough. Brodie Grundy, I love you.

Steele Sidebottom - at some stage in 2017, he took the step from very good to elite. He hasn't looked back. 40+ disposals, 10+ clearances, clean and composed when few others could handle it. His class shines through in tough conditions. He's become a real leader around the club and now regularly straps the team on his shoulders and drags the side along with him. Congratulations, Steele - you've become a Collingwood great.

Jaiden Stephenson - nobody saw that coming. He looked to be struggling last week, and we all called for him to give way for Fasolo or Elliott or Daicos, and yet here we are. We haven't had a rookie light things up to this extent since our premiership heroes of Daisy, Steele and Pendles. Five class goals, against last years Grand Finalists, on a hostile away deck, on a cold, windy night in the south. That is just crazy. And he looked to use his lightning pace and take the game on at every chance. Have we turned the corner on player development at last?

Adam Treloar - it was gutsy of Ads to find a way to contribute over the past three weeks. He's looked a bit hindered by something, but has found a way to hit the scoreboard and make a difference. Tonight, he looked to be moving 100% freely for the first time this year, and it showed. A contested beast, got the ball moving our way all night long, utterly smashed his Crows opponent. Good to see him running so well again.

Scott Pendlebury - at many times tonight he made a dodgy handpass look like a good option thanks to how cleanly he handled the ball and dodged traffic. He really showed his immense skill in opening up space in the scrimmages and linking in transition - whenever the ball entered his hands, it came out the other side in a much better position. A textbook game from the skipper.

Ryan Gosling (Tom Phillips) - started like a house on fire, and in his direct matchup with Paul Seedsman, put him to the sword with nine first quarter touches and a goal. Ran hard and gave us the out all night. Not the neatest disposal, not the cleanest hands, but the best tank bar none and the guts to keep on motoring on all night. Really liked what he did for us tonight.

Sam Murray - a revelation for us in defense. I had my qualms that he might be all offense, no defense, but tonight proved me wrong. Pantsed Tommy Lynch, whose workrate is supreme. Attacked the ball and man with gusto. Bounced off bumps and tackles and was never caught. Used it well. A 200 gamer in the making. He's only 20!

Travis Varcoe - one of the better 13 possession, 1 goal games you'll see. Hawks fans would say it was Cyril-esque, with smothers, tackles, tap ons, bumps and assists all night long. Every time he got near the ball, we got better as a side. Doesn't need to touch it too often to have an impact. Love to see him in this type of form.

Will Hoskin Elliott - I'm really liking what he's bringing to the forward line, with genuine pace, clean hands and great skills. He's getting more of it too - 2 goals and 23 touches is a wonderful return. His ability to convert under pressure situations, both from snap and set shot, is league-leading.

Tom Langdon - good overall, but we're still not free from the Langdon clanger of the week. His decision to try and waltz out of defense while under immense pressure only to be tackled 20 metres out for holding the ball... on a night when we were so smart, this stuck out like a sore, stupid thumb. The good outweighed the bad - see the directional spoil in the first quarter - but Tommy, please, just lift the urgency. It's literally every week with the brainfades. And they're entirely avoidable.

Brayden Maynard - I know you got a finger on that Ellis-Yolman mark, Brayden, I do. But you've gotta be smarter than that. Without the 50 metre penalty against, they wouldn't have scored for about 45 minutes of football. He showed clean hands at times, but decision making and disposal was just a little bit off. Still played his part, but will need to be smarter to hold his spot.

Ben Crocker - I like his positioning, his tackling, his endeavour... he's just a little too slow, a little too small, a little too weak. An easy out when Elliott, Fasolo, Wells or Daicos force their way in. Nothing against him - if he can gain some strength, he could be a really handy third or fourth forward type.

Josh Thomas - not a five goal effort, but he's smart and tough and I'm loving what he offers. His hands in traffic are almost the best in the side, as evidenced by his getting first crack at the centre clearance. He's added a proven ability to hit the scoreboard to his game. A goal-scoring, contested-ball winning beast... we've been lacking that since Beamsy. Good on you, Josh. I wasn't sure you'd make it back, but you're top five in the B&F at this stage of the year.

James Aish - there were games last year where Jimmy had 15 possessions and you'd be calling for his head. I recall saying it myself - too panicked, too timid, lacking composure. This year has been the exact opposite: hard at man, hard at ball, smart with disposal, a fantastic contributor. When you've got a guy who can help do a job on Sloane, then go forward and kick a vital set shot, it's invaluable.

Callum Brown - not as good as last week, but still solid. He has a ferocity at the contest and a great set of hands, and whilst he missed a few targets, he wasn't off by much. He shows a creativity by hand that sets up teammates in better positions, and many of his quick handpasses set us off on attacking forays tonight. Is performing, let's hope he keeps it up.

Jordan De Goey - excellent endeavour both with and without the ball. Tackled and chased hard, but perhaps more importantly, looked to break tackles and burst forward with ball in hand. It didn't always come off, but it was symptomatic of a player and a side who's clearly been told to back themselves in and attack the game.

Ben Reid - great set shot in the first, good presentation and attack all night. It wasn't a great night for talls, but he competed well. Gotta say, I love his enthusiasm - he's so pumped to be out there.

Mason Cox - a really good five possession game. Ha. But really, he competed brilliantly, was only outmarked once, and won several vital contests, often with tap ons and bumps, which was enough for us up front. The forward line looks genuinely dangerous when he brings it down and deflects the pill in the right direction for our smalls.

Matty Scharenberg - he's showing more and more as his experience at top level increases. Was he on Jenkins? He destroyed him. Seems to rack up disposals easily enough (I wouldn't have thought he had 17 tonight, but he did). But more importantly, he started to show a little more Pendles-esque evasion, which combined with his clean hands and general smarts, makes him a genuine AFL option. I had my doubts that he'd re-discover his junior form, but now, years down the track, he's starting to look the goods. I'm so happy for him.

Jack Crisp - was a little quieter than usual, and missed a few targets by foot. But provided a good rebounding option, and showed some more of the intercept marking we saw last week. Love his run. He rotated through several Crows forwards, but spent most of his time around Milera, who didn't do much. Good to see him doing the defensive hard yards.

Jeremy Howe - he hasn't been the colossus down back of 2017, but the great news is - he hasn't needed to be. Has played his part, but with Scharenberg, Murray, Dunne, Crisp and co performing solidly, we haven't had to call on him as often.

Lynden Dunne - what was that 50 metre penalty against him. Seriously. The great thing was to see him get stuck into Tex afterwards. You could tell he was telling him, in no uncertain terms, how soft and pathetic his efforts were, especially as captain of the club. A solid performed on Tex, but more importantly, a vocal leader in the backline. He's the glue. He's holding it all together with aplomb at present.

Last edited:
James Aish - there were games last year where Jimmy had 15 possessions and you'd be calling for his head. I recall saying it myself - too panicked, too timid, lacking composure. This year has been the exact opposite: hard at man, hard at ball, smart with disposal, a fantastic contributor. When you've got a guy who can help do a job on Sloane, then go forward and kick a vital set shot, it's invaluable.

Agree his Low Disposal Games last year he did noting in them but Tonight took Sloane out of Game and Used the Ball well when having it with 7 Tackles

GAME REVIEW

Lynden Dunne - what was that 50 metre penalty against him. Seriously. The great thing was to see him get stuck into Tex afterwards. You could tell he was telling him, in no uncertain terms, how soft and pathetic his efforts were, especially as captain of the club. A solid performed on Tex, but more importantly, a vocal leader in the backline. He's the glue. He's holding it all together with aplomb at present.

Gold

A tad harsh on Crocker I think. Tough night for marking forwards, and especially when you aren’t the target...played his role, presented when needed...was a bit off on the deck. But until Elliot is fit we should give him games.

Aish was always hard, was just a bit lost last year...but who wasn’t. Tough coming into the side last year as a young player.

You can’t judge everybody by stats, everybody played their role to a tee this evening

Very exciting win, I am absolutely rapt. I went into the game with no expectations but from the first bounce we were all over them. Player wise there were some standout performances, but almost everyone played their role & that would be the most pleasing thing.

De Goey - Wasn't dominant but definitely had an influence up forward. Loved the smother on Laird in the first quarter that led to the Varcoe goal. He is a really powerful athlete and is playing with confidence, he'll only get better and better.

Grundy - As dominant of a ruck performance you're ever likely to see. That was as close to Dean Cox as anyone has been since he retired. For the record only once in his 290 game career did Cox have more disposals than Grundy's 33, and the 12 clearances Grundy had is more than Cox ever had in a game. And he did it against one of the premier rucks in the comp. That goal on the run. Wow. Grundy has arrived.

Treloar - Relished the inside role he played tonight. We seem to be using him similar to how Richmond use Cotchin, smashing the stoppage as hard as possible to help us try and launch the ball forward. 19 contested possessions (36 in total), 10 clearances, 11 tackles.

Langdon - Did more good than bad, but still prone to the odd mistake. Covers the ground really well and always keeps a cool head - sometimes too cool. As Lenny said that turnover when he tried to walk past 3 Crows players was horrendous.

Murray - What a find. He's exactly what we have been missing down back. Played almost the complete game - killed his opponent, attacked, and played with courage. The free kick against him was clearly a howler too, but we all know that.

Pendles - Played a bit more of an outside game tonight and I was so glad to see that he went by foot a lot more than he did by hand, unlike most of his teammates. His clean ball use stood out, particularly when the rain came down. Still yet to kick a goal this year, would like to see him get on the scoreboard a bit more. I'm nitpicking though.

Scharenberg - How did he not play round 1? What a smashing he gave Jenkins. He seems to have made some big improvements on his defensive game, so credit to him there. He was playing his 17th game tonight, but he looked tonight (and last week for that matter) like he'd played 150. I loved the little sidestep he put on Betts in the second quarter, followed up with the long kick down the line to Stephenson.

Aish - Only had 1 tackle against Carlton, but he followed it up with 6 tonight which is normally a bit of a deficiency of his. I liked seeing him run a bit through the stoppage too and he had a real impact defensively. A good all round game, and he looks like he is cementing himself a spot for the first time since he's been with us.

Dunn - Agree with lenny that he is the glue down back. He didn't do a lot offensively tonight but he didn't really need to.

Brown - He is so crafty by hand and has great vision in traffic. 8 tackles is a strong effort too. His clean hands in the rain were particularly impressive. He's a keeper.

Varcoe - Not huge numbers but had a positive impact every time he was around the ball. It was his tap and shepherd that allowed Grundy to kick that memorable goal. We are a much better side when he is playing like he is now.

Reid - Solid game, provided a good target. Important early goal from outside 50 helped set the scene for the match.

Phillips - I am not his biggest fan but he was pretty good. His superior tank allows him to cover so much ground so he becomes an important player in the chain. I wish he was a bit better by foot.

Sidebottom - He was my BOG but can understand people giving it to Grundy. All of a sudden he has become our best player and I don't think I saw this coming. Like Phillips, he covers the ground so well, but in a lot of ways he is now the complete player. Did a job on Sloane who had 4 kicks for the match, he had career highs in disposals (43, previous high 38), clearances (12, previous high 9) and contested poss (26, previous high 18). What a gun!

Thomas - I like the role he is playing between the midfield and half forward. Quite often starts in the middle at the center bounce and then drifts forward. I was rapt he was able to finish that goal, it was such a great team effort. One of many who is in career best form at this early stage of 2018.

Crisp - He's the backline version of Thomas I think because he does so many things well but lets himself down a bit by foot. Defensively played his role though, so he gets a tick.

Hoskin-Elliott - I picked him to win our goalkicking this year and it wouldn't surprise me if he kicked 40+. He seems to have added more of a defensive edge to his game, so in a lot of ways he looks like a much more rounded player at the moment.

Stephenson - Amazing! It was an absolute thrill to see him light the game up in the manner that he did. He did look like he would be one that would be squeezed out when others got back, but on that performance he's going nowhere. Until tonight he didn't show a lot of his pace but tonight he burned off opponents with ease. We also used him deep forward at times and he more than held his own, at one point he made Jake Kelly look absolutely silly in a 1on1 marking contest to get a shot on goal.

Maynard - Killed a very out of form Betts & had 18 but he was only just ok I thought. Isn't in the best form at the moment but is still playing a role which is encouraging. Has quite a bit of improvement in him.

Howe - In a lot of ways is playing more of a defensive role than last year, probably due to a) the inclusion of Murray as the attacking backman and b) Moore's injury means he is effectively playing CHB. It will be interesting to see how we structure things when Moore gets back.

Crocker - Played his role but is probably the one that gets squeezed out eventually. Kicked a very nice set shot, but didn't do a lot else. Didn't do a lot wrong, though.

Cox - I thought he would be a liability in the wet but credit to him for presenting well and credit to coaches for using him the way they did. We targeted him very frequently (not sure on the numbers, surely the most targeted forward?), and he almost always at least broke even. He is starting to play more with instinct, and the little taps and flicks on to the advantage of our runners were what set us up in a lot of ways.

Buckley - Not a current player but think the coach/coaching panel deserve huge praise for what we were able to pull off tonight. He completely outcoached Pyke both on the field and at selection.

My top 5 - Sidebottom, Grundy, Stephenson, Treloar, Murray. Come and share yours in the didaka medal thread ;)

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/round-4-didaka-medal-vs-adelaide.1190769/

Grundy - rewriting the ruckman’s manual

Stephenson - startlingly good (and apparently not tired)

Sidey - S for superstar

Schaz and Aish - both wearing headbands (that’s where it’s coming from)

JDG - powerful and rusty at the same time

Treloar - best game for the year

Pendles - oh captain our captain - sorry I doubted you

Murray - wheels and hair flying

HoweDunnLangdon - backbone

WHE - clean so clean

Brown - makes us old Pies smile

I could be wrong but pretty sure Maynard has betts and completely destroys him before betts came off. Not sure we had any bad players last night.

We didnt have any bad players

Our "least best" were Crocker Maynard Brown De Goey Langdon Aish and Cox but they all played very well and will be stiff if they have to make way for injured players returning.

So many things to like but off the top of my head

Murray seems to have a superb temperament and a cool head. Knows when to run when to tackle and when to block. I read some observations during the game that he was handballing too much but in my observation that was only because handball was his best option at the time. Smart decision maker.

Treloar was easily our third best on ground (no point talking about the first two!!!) and was very clean in traffic

Pendlebury was quiet after half time but was huge early

Love the settled defence. First time since 2010? Teams will settled defences can go a long way.

s**t tv coverage of Stepehnsons goal....too busy showing us the fight!!!

I could go all day. Great win Loved that we ran the match out and won every quarter

Adelaide were poor and were carrying injuries. So lets not get carried away.Take it a victim at a time!!

22 guys contributed and that's really all you can ask.

If we can get that kind of gutsy, intelligent performance most weeks I'll be pleased regardless of the outcomes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could be wrong but pretty sure Maynard has betts and completely destroys him before betts came off. Not sure we had any bad players last night.

Agree. He wasn't fantastic but last night Betts was the only way they were going to win. Did well one on one with him. Wouldn't be in my top 10 but wouldn't be down the bottom.

Watch the replay, beside the ping for trying to crash through the pack, did not see a lot wrong with Langdon game. Some preconceived thoughts.

Watch the replay, beside the ping for trying to crash through the pack, did not see a lot wrong with Langdon game. Some preconceived thoughts.

Decision Making Seems to take bit longer then some others and Up and Under Kicks

Decision Making Seems to take bit longer then some others and Up and Under Kicks
There was a few others with up and unders, so not alone. Over thinks it at times, that why he takes a bit longer.
Backline is working and is a main component of.
He made one Clanger for the night, wish others only did that. Plays in the backline so more obvious

Last edited:

I'm with you here. I haven't been big on Langdon this year but he was really good on Fogarty and completely shut him out. He won a lot of intercept possessions right amongst it and under a lot of pressure. The brain fart was unfortunate because it's all anyone remembers. And it was poor. But the good outweighed that one moment by far.

I'm with you here. I haven't been big on Langdon this year but he was really good on Fogarty and completely shut him out. He won a lot of intercept possessions right amongst it and under a lot of pressure. The brain fart was unfortunate because it's all anyone remembers. And it was poor. But the good outweighed that one moment by far.
Did not mind it to much,even though it did not look good, as he was taking the game on. Not going to be dropped anytime soon

Agree. He wasn't fantastic but last night Betts was the only way they were going to win. Did well one on one with him. Wouldn't be in my top 10 but wouldn't be down the bottom.

Betts has been in terrible form. Maynard needs to stamp out those ‘silly’ moments. Whether it’s giving way dumb 50m penalties, completely missing targets, overzealous tackles giving away frees....

He needs to be better than that. But he did do his job on Betts.

Betts has been in terrible form. Maynard needs to stamp out those ‘silly’ moments. Whether it’s giving way dumb 50m penalties, completely missing targets, overzealous tackles giving away frees....

He needs to be better than that. But he did do his job on Betts.

Could Maynard be struggling a little with weight of expectation? He has the build and arsenal to rip a game apart and that has been much talked about. At the end of last year and during preseason he was touted as having more mid minutes.

I love the suggestion in the OP of Crocker stacking up some muscle in the gym. I was quite harsh on his efforts early but I was wrong. At the moment is great depth. If he could work on his strength he could become more of a weapon as 3rd or 4th forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Internally I’m willing to bet the club had Maynard in our top ten last night. His role was to shut down Betts and he smashed him.

This is nice to see. I know he had a couple of poor moments. But this is a guy who is a pure midfielder being played in a role that most of us can see that he's not meant for, yet still did his job. I'm not sold on his 'bad' performance. I think he and De Goey will be a big part of our 2019 onwards midfield.

Game notes:
We are playing smart, committed and confident footy. For me it's the confidence to move the ball positively and to back your team mate to do the right thing. It's also being smart. The shephards, knowing when to commit to a tackle or when to hold back. The knocks to advantage.

Two pieces of play illustrate this for me. The Grundy goal had two shephards to protect the ball carrier and creat space, some really smart overlap running and a great finish. The other was Thomas's goal. It had some great grunt work and releasing handpasses, Stephensons blistering run, a series of clean possessions and the trust in Thomas to finish it off.

The smarts is what separates the good teams from the pack and we are showing great signs.

Our mobile, adaptable, medium sized defense is functioning really well. I thought we needed another genuine key back. But I was wrong. Shaz and Howe are taking key forwards and getting the job done. And if they win defensively you know they'll add a lot the other way. Murray comes in, plays on Lynch and shuts him down. Not in my wildest did I expect that.

[Edit: It was Crisp on Lynch not Murray. Also while the medium size defence works when the pressure midfield is good; yet to be proven it would hold up in the absence of that pressure. That would be the big test]

The midfield is clicking. Grundy is just so dominant it is giving us an edge and point of difference no other team has. His clearance numbers are insane. Moving Sidebottom on ball has been a revelation. It frees up Pendles or Treloar or whoever is in there. It has also opened up that wing position for Phillips who is playing well. The balance seems really good.

The forwards just seem more pacy with that trio of Varcoe, WHE and Stephenson. And it's functioning really well.

Player review:
Treloar - The biggest thing I noticed last night was his tackling was insane. He had 10 tackles and he's just so strong they stick. He set the tone for our defensive effort. He'll play his best and we'll be a different side when he can do that. Then of course he adds plenty with his clearances, break away pace and ball winning.

Grundy - So strong through his core. He always gets into position to win the tap no matter how much his opponent muscles him. His clearance work sets him a part and ground level follow up. We have another midfielder out there. Best ruck performance I have ever seen from a Collingwood player.

Sidebottom - Best game of his career. Sat on Sloane with Aishs help and kept him quiet. A leader at stoppages. A lazy 43 touches. Cant fault him.

Brown - I think he's been great. He is just a very smart footballer. It's his decision making, composure, contested ball winning and defensive efforts that sets him a part. He seems to find space just by being calm. His hand passing is excellent and I like his kicking too mostly because he picks the right options. Second most tackles for the night behind Treloar for us.

Murray - Fast becoming my favourite. He towelled Lynch who is serious quality. He's also hard as a cats head. You can see the country footballer in him because he takes no prisoners when it's his turn to go. Laid out McGovern (fairly) who is no mug. He's been smart with his handpassing too (funny slingy technique) because Adelaide did well not to let him run.

WHE - He is a smart footballer, his defensive efforts were really good (that tackle on Atkins!) and 2 goals. I reckon he could be fitter though because he blew up a bit. And when that happens he gets ineffective. That really is nitpicking because he was good but it was something I noticed.

Stephenson - I wanted him dropped. I was wrong. He showed us just how good he could be. What was really exciting is it seemed kind of casual and effortless for him. That pace! Fogarty who?

Varcoe - Just so clever. Had two early intercept possessions that wont get stats but led to goals. The soccer off the ground and follow up work on the wing. No stat there but got us in great position. His pace a pressure really important.

Pendles - Silk. His field kicking was phenomenal.

Cox - Brought the ball to ground. It was very telling that he was one of the first that Bucks singled out after the game. He was very pleased. Gives us a legit get out kicking option, which in combo with the pace (WHE, Stephenson and Varcs) at his feet is forming a good partnership.

Reid - Good target. Good game. Nice goal in the first.

Crocker - Can't fault his effort but is beaten too often in 50/50s.

Crisp - I thought he was okay. Played his role and generated some rebound. He was actually really clever deciding when to switch and when to go a line hit up target. His decision making gets criticised but I thought it was good. He had donuts for tackles though and needs to lift there.

Phillips - Clean below his knees again last night. If he keeps kicking a goal a game and racking up 30s possessions he'll be great for us. Wish he was more damaging by foot but i'l settle for safe.

Scharenberg - So composed. Solid defensively. His field kicking has been more positive in its intent. Gave Jenkins a touch up and I thought they were in different weight divisions.

Dunn - His exchange with Tex was a crack-up. EAD Tex you were beaten. Good to have a hard nut back there. Gives us an edge.

Langdon - I thought he was good. Beat Fogarty and won a lot of important intercept possessions under duress. That run was an epic brain fart but the only one of the night.

Maynard - He hasn't been great. That free he gave up was just dumb. I think his spot will come under scrutiny. But I guess it needs to be recognised that he took Betts and freed up Murray and Crisp somewhat. So that alone plays a role.

Howe - He hasn't been his offensive best but he is playing a far more defensive role and doing it really well. He might sacrifice some possessions but he still wins plenty and if he does that while keeping a key forward quiet its a big thing.

Thomas - I really like what he brings to the table. That hit on McKay really set a standard. He's a clean player below his knees and with the hand pass and kicks goals too. A good depth player for us who is playing their part right now.

Aish - Sacrificed his game to help mind Sloane at stoppages and kept their skipper to 16 touches. He's more mature and does the hard stuff. Had 7 tackles.

De Goey - He's just so good in 50/50 contests and almost always skins his opponent. He was a really important conduit in many of our clean passages of play. Surprised by his possession stats because he felt more impactful than that. That's because good things happen when he has the footy.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back