Review Player review v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s soft, pulls out of too many contests...anybody that thinks he’ll develop toughness has either never played or just doesn’t understand how sport works. He’s at the beginning of his career and should be putting everything on the line to Be the best that he can be. He doesn’t which is fine, not everybody needs to be hard but as a result he won’t become the star that everybody expects him to be. There are so many examples of this being the case.

Nobody is saying that he isn’t a talent, and that he can do good things, but as the opposition begin to work
that he doesn’t like contact they will play him that way and he’ll end up like WHE.

So the point then is, we have a need for a KPF...Stepho has currency in a position where we have plenty of talent. Don’t understand what the outrage is.

He will have impact, and come in and out of games. Will kick a bag next week undoubtedly as the square becomes his, and he can just run into uncontested space...but he won’t ever become more than that. Which again is fine, except that we already carry too many soft players and I’d prefer to offload the one with the most currency to get a blue chip key position beast...what’s wrong with that?!

Ok...you obviously believe there is a "blue chip key position beast" out there just waiting for us to swoop.....so who is it? WHO are you suggesting we put our AFL Rising Star on the table for? Casboult? Josh Kennedy? Peter Wright? Josh Schache? Young Weideman? or I know....Buddy or Joe Daniher....?

Where are these GUNS you think we can cash in on? The media will try and put Jezza Cameron on the table but GWS would fold before they'd trade him to us....so who else is there? Tom Hawkins? Jack Reiwoldt? Next you'll be telling me Plugger is making a comeback. ;)

Stepho is a GUN....trade your fringe players not your guns.

Ok...you obviously believe there is a "blue chip key position beast" out there just waiting for us to swoop.....so who is it? WHO are you suggesting we put our AFL Rising Star on the table for? Casboult? Josh Kennedy? Peter Wright? Josh Schache? Young Weideman? or I know....Buddy or Joe Daniher....?

Where are these GUNS you think we can cash in on? The media will try and put Jezza Cameron on the table but GWS would fold before they'd trade him to us....so who else is there? Tom Hawkins? Jack Reiwoldt? Next you'll be telling me Plugger is making a comeback. ;)

I would have snapped up Casboult, Cameron would be ideal...Brown I think is out of sorts and could be lured...but they come for not not much or free agents.

Truth be told I dont know who, I just know that every trade period there are opportunities, Dixon, Franklin, and Lynch were notable big names to move. There will be more.

There are plenty of younger guns that would be worth trading for. Carlton have an excess of key options, as do Brisbane...go home factor has worked before. Lukosius could look to move, hasn’t come on as much as expected...And might like a move to a contender, Adelaide are surely off the cards.

trading and player management is one of the darker aspects of the game, who knows what conversations are going on behind the scenes. All I’m saying is if something worthy comes up, we should look to trade.

I would like Collingwood to be bolder at list management and trading, however Stephenson is definitely a long term piece that I see next to no benefit in trading away. His form is currently poor, maybe even a little worrying; but he's remarkably talented and I have faith he'll turn a corner sooner rather than later.

I don't think he's soft but his work ethic needs a kick. Needs to pressure more and work harder to get the ball back into our hands. Given the criticism he's gotten for only playing a couple of quarters a game, his 7 goal return in his three games forward is quite remarkable and displays his upside. If he can work harder and harder into four quarters of games, he could be a premier goal kicker in the comp.

Agree with most but strongly disagree on the others.
Its all subjective, but at least we all share a common idea - thank god we won.

I would only trade a gun (if we can cover the loss) and what we bring in improves our list and improves our deficencies. I agree with you.. I would not be trading Stevo for Caboult, Kennedy or Cameron. All of whom are near to or post 30 yrs of age. Cameron is a one position player who is assisted by good delivery into F5... something which the Pies are poor at. So can you imagine the uproar if we trade Stevo for Cameron.. Cameron kicks less goals because of our poor delivery to him and Stevo kicks a swag because of improved delivery to him?

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would have snapped up Casboult, Cameron would be ideal...Brown I think is out of sorts and could be lured...but they come for not not much or free agents.

Truth be told I dont know who, I just know that every trade period there are opportunities, Dixon, Franklin, and Lynch were notable big names to move. There will be more.

There are plenty of younger guns that would be worth trading for. Carlton have an excess of key options, as do Brisbane...go home factor has worked before. Lukosius could look to move, hasn’t come on as much as expected...And might like a move to a contender, Adelaide are surely off the cards.

trading and player management is one of the darker aspects of the game, who knows what conversations are going on behind the scenes. All I’m saying is if something worthy comes up, we should look to trade.

So.....no-one then?

So.....no-one then?
Well nobody expected we would get Howe or Beams mid season. Hoping for the former rather than latter outcome over the trade period this year. These things aren’t always telegraphed.

Bottom line is I have no idea, not many people do at this point of the season...but if we are going to get something of value we have to give up something of value...I think KPF is bigger need than small forward when we have ample coverage in that area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back