Manchester
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Liverpool
That's not how it works.

Let me introduce you to Footy 101:

- All premiership sides have a core of guns that take them to the flag
- The rest are dime a dozen players lucky enough to have the opportunity to play in a team that is dominant. Makes it easier for them to play at their optimum.

Just because someone is the 18th best player in a top 4 side, doesn't necessarily make them a better player than someone who is the 18th best player in a bottom 4 side as the former player has given a better opportunity to perform at their optimum. There's 200 other players who if put into Rosa's role would play just as well.

The truth is he's a dime a dozen player. Solid contributor. Strong body. Questionable kick and decision making. He's B grade vanilla. Better than a spud, but never going to be anything more than a dime a dozen player. He's worth about pick 40.

s**t post from start to finish but thanks for that.

Nov 10, 2008
Bunbury
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham
Ross's value would've been a shitload higher at the end of 2012.

I still think he's a good player, worth between pick 20 to 30 IMO.

I can't see a team paying that for an injury prone 27 year old midfielder though, and that's what matters. He's basically a harder at the ball version of Kane Lucas.

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Aug 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
If it's true, it's one of Selwood, Shuey or Rosa.

But since Worsfold left, we shouldn't be losing any of them.

Of those i really think it would be rosa.
Shuey and woosha had a very close and fond relationship. And scooter i think holds Similar values to Shoo.

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I can see that. I was surprised when Rosa collected 30 odd touches in the wafl one week but wasn't selected to play in West Coast's next game.

Since when does a prenial best 22 not get picked after 30 touches in the WAFL?

Jack_the_Ninja

Cancelled
Dec 18, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I can see that. I was surprised when Rosa collected 30 odd touches in the wafl one week but wasn't selected to play in West Coast's next game.

Since when does a prenial best 22 not get picked after 30 touches in the WAFL?
When its Rosa, I don't see how this guy is so rated here on this board. Rosa wouldn't get a game in any of the top 4 sides and neither would half our side. Time to cut, drop, extricate and remove all unwanted crap from our list. 2 Years of pain is all it would take with a core of players around Natainui, Darling, LeCras, Wellingham, Kennedy, McKenzie, Hurn, Lycett, Wilson and maybe Masten ( if no offers ) and really the rest are never going to take us to where we want to be.

Brave Sir Robin

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
When its Rosa, I don't see how this guy is so rated here on this board. Rosa wouldn't get a game in any of the top 4 sides and neither would half our side. Time to cut, drop, extricate and remove all unwanted crap from our list. 2 Years of pain is all it would take with a core of players around Natainui, Darling, LeCras, Wellingham, Kennedy, McKenzie, Hurn, Lycett, Wilson and maybe Masten ( if no offers ) and really the rest are never going to take us to where we want to be.

I would be open to trading LeCras, Hurn and Masten for the right price (I don't want rid, but they have good value and may help secure someone we identify as a big improvement to our list.)

Shuey and Gaff are two blokes I think we should keep developing unless they ask to leave.

Jack_the_Ninja

Cancelled
Dec 18, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I would be open to trading LeCras, Hurn and Masten for the right price (I don't want rid, but they have good value and may help secure someone we identify as a big improvement to our list.)

Shuey and Gaff are two blokes I think we should keep developing unless they ask to leave.
Look those 2 are ok footballers, we not looking for ok. Gaff has no ticker and Shuey is just not going to deliver us a flag as part of an elite mid group. Shuey's best if pretty good but were is it now ? he's a good footballer that is now playing on name alone.

Brave Sir Robin

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Look those 2 are ok footballers, we not looking for ok. Gaff has no ticker and Shuey is just not going to deliver us a flag as part of an elite mid group. Shuey's best if pretty good but were is it now ? he's a good footballer that is now playing on name alone.

K.

ndot

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer
delisting (let alone securing a trade for matt rosa) would be a win for us. he is a garbage footballer who is not going to take us forward. he's not alone in that regard either.

the only player currently on our list who has a chance of becoming an A grade mid is Shuey. unfortunately it's all the more difficult for him to step up because he is surrounded by spuds.

we're really unlucky that we won the spoon when we did. getting the 4th pick and ending up with gaff is very poor reward for finishing last. we may need to bottom out again.

I don't even

sey666

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast

Shuey played only 60 odd games. If he is playing on name alone then I'd say those 60 games must have been pretty good.
In another thread you said Worsfold went because of a revolt by Kerr and Shuey: so we got rid of our coach of 12 years (who delivered a premiership and took us finals in 8 out of 12 years in charge) in favour of an OK player and an injured star who may or may not go on in 2014? Great.

Jack_the_Ninja

Cancelled
Dec 18, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
sey666 don't get to caught up in trying to understand it as its obvious even simple concepts are beyond you.

Back