Rumour Player Revolt

Remove this Banner Ad

sey666 don't get to caught up in trying to understand it as its obvious even simple concepts are beyond you.

You mean simple concepts like trading out one of our best players and hope to draft/trade a similar player in return? You are absolutely correct; I am too stupid to understand those. Glad we have people like you around to educate the rest of us not so intelligent people.

Ahhh the mod trying to troll me aqain, nice work there. So much for being unbiased but once again you take sides against me.

Pointing out that someone else pointed massive flaws in your logic = biased trolling?

You said Shuey was getting games on his name alone - he was our second-best player at the time he got injured, according to BF posters' votes.

You said Shuey and Kerr conspired to get Woosh fired in the last three weeks - neither of them played. And why would the board push Woosh out the door based on one player who's about to retire and another player who's not contributing (according to you) not wanting him there?

Your arguments have holes in them so big that Cox could fit through them sitting on Aaron Sandilands' shoulders. And when those holes are pointed out to you, apparently we're either trolling you or just don't understand you.

Ahhh the mod trying to troll me aqain, nice work there. So much for being unbiased but once again you take sides against me.
The fact your posts are unintelligible and outlandish (to put it politely) might have something to do with it.

Gonna bump this as a curious case on future watching
We've gone full cycle since this thread. Woosh went, minor rebuild, one GF and one flag later, we're back at a rebuild phase.
As a club we were as bad as we've ever been, but we were smashed by Covid and injury.

Simpson, initially, refused to change the tactics and we got belted for it. After round ~10 seemed to get the message

Adam Simpson is a very different cat to John Worsfold. Way more people-manager oriented. Way more modern. Head and shoulders above Woosh, who basically people managed as he played - IE he didn't.

There were some gentle media whispers that Simpson lost the dressing room when we were getting belted by 100 points but nothing ever came of it and our performances did improve after that.

I do wonder how some of the old guard will cope being in a rebuild and whether, as happened at the end of the Woosh era, some whiteanting will occur.

Discuss

We've gone full cycle since this thread. Woosh went, minor rebuild, one GF and one flag later, we're back at a rebuild phase.
As a club we were as bad as we've ever been, but we were smashed by Covid and injury.

Simpson, initially, refused to change the tactics and we got belted for it. After round ~10 seemed to get the message

Adam Simpson is a very different cat to John Worsfold. Way more people-manager oriented. Way more modern. Head and shoulders above Woosh, who basically people managed as he played - IE he didn't.

There were some gentle media whispers that Simpson lost the dressing room when we were getting belted by 100 points but nothing ever came of it and our performances did improve after that.

I do wonder how some of the old guard will cope being in a rebuild and whether, as happened at the end of the Woosh era, some whiteanting will occur.

Discuss

I think your Nicnat, Redden's, Hurn's, Cripps etc. aren't the type.

Shuey, Gov, Darling I could see not being happy particularly if they aren't played how they want.

Yeo could could issues because he is very vocal on field and if not happy he shows it and even has a go at his team mates.

I think Liam Ryan needs a huge kick up the arse with a focus on being a full time professional. He's the most likely to cause issues imo.

I think Gaff is a negative influence in that he shows no leadership and everyone at the club knows he's on a big contract. He's happy to stay and ride that out for 2 years it seems.

Shuey, Gov, Darling I could see not being happy particularly if they aren't played how they want.

Yeo could could issues because he is very vocal on field and if not happy he shows it and even has a go at his team mates.
I read back through this whole thread - it was long rumoured it was Shuey who was one of the leading voices in the initial revolt. It was never disproven.
History tells us perhaps he was on the right side of history as the chief midfielder in a premiership side and thus had a point.

I agree with your players who aren't the type, and I also agree that Yeo is our big revver. Conversely, I'd like to see him be our next captain. His standards are sky high, and you want that instilled in a group of newbies in a rubbish side.

I read back through this whole thread - it was long rumoured it was Shuey who was one of the leading voices in the initial revolt. It was never disproven.
History tells us perhaps he was on the right side of history as the chief midfielder in a premiership side and thus had a point.

I agree with your players who aren't the type, and I also agree that Yeo is our big revver. Conversely, I'd like to see him be our next captain. His standards are sky high, and you want that instilled in a group of newbies in a rubbish side.
I would prefer Barrass as the next captain.

Seems like a more rounded person who is more conscious of the pov of other people. Also, Yeo has not been able to get on the park for three years. He is passionate though, put him in the leadership group?

There is no way that Simpson has lost the players. In fact, i would state the complete opposite

Why would they mutiny? There is almost no selection pressure and if you are in his best 16-18 players you have the greatest job security in the entire AFL. Barely matters how you play, credits in the bank and see you next week. Everyone keeps getting games, everyone keeps gets paid, and this is despite the fact we just had the worst season in the clubs history

Combined with the fact that he is probably the nicest coach in the AFL, and given that we have the most stable board in the AFL and everyone is comfortable. That to me doesn't scream revolt, that to me signifies that everyone is extremely happy with the status quo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Liam Ryan needs a huge kick up the arse with a focus on being a full time professional. He's the most likely to cause issues imo.

I think Gaff is a negative influence in that he shows no leadership and everyone at the club knows he's on a big contract. He's happy to stay and ride that out for 2 years it seems.
Darling wouldn't.

Pointing out that someone else pointed massive flaws in your logic = biased trolling?

You said Shuey was getting games on his name alone - he was our second-best player at the time he got injured, according to BF posters' votes.

You said Shuey and Kerr conspired to get Woosh fired in the last three weeks - neither of them played. And why would the board push Woosh out the door based on one player who's about to retire and another player who's not contributing (according to you) not wanting him there?

Your arguments have holes in them so big that Cox could fit through them sitting on Aaron Sandilands' shoulders. And when those holes are pointed out to you, apparently we're either trolling you or just don't understand you.
Has not changed a bit in 9 years our man. Still loves bashing his head against brick walls.

Discuss
Simmo isn't head and tails over Woosh. There was no mini rebuild under Simmo the list was already in place. Moreover I'd take Woosh's hard nosed contested game plan, the resilience he built into the team and his long term strategic list management over Simmo every day.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back