Player Sponsorship Player sponsor dinner 2014

Will you be attending the BigFooty player sponsor dinner?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Our two sponsored players are Brendon Ah Chee and Jarrad Redden. Last I heard they will both be attending.

Pakeha are you lurking? :D

Haha. Yes I guess I am in the true sense of the word.

Due to my current lifestyle/commitments I only get to check on posts every couple of week, and anything I would want to say has usually already been posted by someone else already. Still committed to the sponsorship group though, and the PAFC.

Looking forward to Monday night and promise I will turn up sober this time:p

Back from the dinner. Unfortunately Jarrad Redden was ill and so Brendon Ah Chee played a lone hand. Luckily for him only half a dozen BFers turned up. :D

A good evening was had by all, Brendon is a terrific ambassador for the club, very relaxed and amiable. He's been very good to our board over the past few weeks. Look forward to him finishing the season with a flourish and getting in a big pre-season (to which he is no doubt looking forward :p)

Congrats to

pastmyprimus
sog35
Powerstufff
Pakeha
PAFC_316

for being able to make it. Please share your thoughts.

Brendon is a confident, well spoken young man. Very like-able. He's playing some good footy for the Magpies after an injury interrupted season.

He and his family were over the moon when Port called out his name in the 2011 national draft. He honestly didn't think he'd get picked up in the main draw. Was hoping to get rookie listed at best. Within days of the draft he was on his way to New Zealand to take part in Port's pre-season trip. A tough initiation for a first year player. First day was a trek up a steep mountain. He was almost exhausted after an hour, and was then told - only nine more hours to go. Didn't get much easier after that.

Good company, nice food and beer. A good night out but a Dingle short of a great night.

Last edited:
Back from the dinner .... Please share your thoughts.
Yeah Brendon is a terrific club rep, frighteningly mature for such a young man a long way from home. I really hope he gets an extension and we see him out with the Power next year. Those of us who've watched his development accelerate this year can see the upside. As usual nice meeting a few of our BF family out socially.

Someone talk about the beer.
Brendon would not accept a beer. Had a bitters, lime and lemon instead. We will arrange for you to speak to him come R23.

Great to put some faces to some names.

I thought he was well spoken on the podcast and he was just the same in person. He was pretty curious about how this place works. Played ruck right through until U16s so still learning to play as a mid.

Back from the dinner. Unfortunately Jarrad Redden was ill and so Brendon Ah Chee played a lone hand. Luckily for him only half a dozen BFers turned up. :D

A good evening was had by all, Brendon is a terrific ambassador for the club, very relaxed and amiable. He's been very good to our board over the past few weeks. Look forward to him finishing the season with a flourish and getting in a big pre-season (to which he is no doubt looking forward :p)

Congrats to

pastmyprimus
sog35
Powerstufff
Pakeha
PAFC_316

for being able to make it. Please share your thoughts.
Ahh *. With the events of today, I completely forgot about this. My apologies.

As already mentioned, Brendon was a very personable young man who seemed genuinely friendly. Was impressed that he made the effort to seek a couple of us out in the bar prior to dinner, and introduced himself for a chat, rather than waiting till we were all seated. Enjoyed hearing how he went from the U14s in East Freo, through the development ranks, until the phone call he got from Primus after being picked up, which he didn't expect.

Fellow BF'ers were good company too. Enjoyable evening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back